HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:23 am

Those fkn Poms have got the bloody Ashes again, shits me to bloody tears Sad

Not too much more to say really.

Good on the Melbourne crowd for coming in though. Match Attendance 220,227 (Day 1 - 84,345, Day 2 - 67,149, Day 3 - 68,733).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:25 am

They obviously gave up after Sunday ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:26 am

Where do you begin, Firstly England have been the better team over the whole series there is no denying that, If we win Sydney and come away with a 2/2 draw (taking into account an England win tomorrow Sad ) then we have done well imo. Lets face it we didn't deserve the Ashes after the way we've gone about it, it's so hard to say but i'm a realist.

On to todays play well done to Sids, i'm one that preferred his selection over Beer before the test and i'm not saying it was the right decision to leave the spinner out but he certainly put in the hard yards and got rewarded. It was always going to be tough to hang in and a 100 run opening stand was a minimum so for the way Hughes to get out is just a disgrace. From there we didn't really look to score and that showed with Wattos dismissal, and the pressure just got to everyone. Could be Punters last innings for Australia but i hope he is given another crack, i just feel something big around the corner as stupid as that sounds, he just looks to be trying so hard and with the series looking to be over before Sydney that could be the time he can relax.

Smith played ok nothing special, i have a real problem with the way he's going about it at the moment. Anyone that has seen this kids best innings in domestic cricket will back me up i'm sure. He isn't your typical batsmen, he dosn't have the glamorous shots but when he is on his game he can be unreal. Why he is at 6 for Australia i will never know, top order for NSW is a different story. At the moment he just looks like he is trying to be that batsmen he isn't, he needs to realise he was picked for the way he went about it for NSW.

Anyway i hope we can hang in there for as long as we can tomorrow, Show some pride boys!!

Also poor Harro, i hope he returns Crying or Very sad

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:45 am

Cynic wrote:
They obviously gave up after Sunday ...

I don't think that's the reason of the 20,000 drop. Day 1 always is the most popular day to go to the cricket. Pulling in crowds of 80,000 most days is unrealistic imo.

We didn't all give up after Day 1 like you Cynic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:51 am

And I relish in the fact that I was right to be negative.

Get bowled out for less than 100 at home and you deserve the scorn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:40 am

"God save our gracious Queen,
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen:
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the Queen"

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sprooly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:30 am

Cynic wrote:
And I relish in the fact that I was right to be negative.

Get bowled out for less than 100 at home and you deserve the scorn.
omfg shut it

the fact that u gave up on day 1 is fucking pathetic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:03 am

Well that's it. My predicted team for the 5th test still had Punter, but now that it's a dead test he should go, simple as that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:19 am

Was Sprooly having a whinge and telling me how I should think and feel or is it just me?

Harden up, princess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:21 am

One thing that was missing in Melbourne that happened in Perth is:

No talk. In Perth we sledged our arses off and really intimidated them in both innings. This test, nothing. We need to bring that mongrel from Perth into Sydney or we will be beaten mentally.

TBH Ponting and Clarke are in that downfall that Hayden and Hussey had. If Ponting and Clarke scores centuries in either innings of Sydney (pending on selection), you gotta take them both to Bangladesh.

With Katich likely to be back for the Sydney test, hopefully they can get us off the a good start like they have always done in the past tests coming in the series
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sprooly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:39 am

Cynic wrote:
Was Sprooly having a whinge and telling me how I should think and feel or is it just me?

Harden up, princess.

im having a whinge because im sick to death of ur negative sooky attitude you are the biggest princess on here who most of the time doesnt have a clue about anything and i just think you saying stuff like

"And I relish in the fact that I was right to be negative."

like seriously come on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:47 am

News on Harris is he is out for 8 weeks. So no to ODI series and maybe the World Cup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:27 am

The Aussie Cricket Team Is Fucked...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:30 am

NZ cricket is fucked...

Rumour going around that a couple of Australian test players were "on the town" last night. Whoever it was should be dropped for sydney

Pathetic.

Assuming thats true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:31 am

Keep dragging along strugglers and of course we'll flounder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:06 am

Just wondering, where did you hear that svoer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:24 am

on Twitter... a couple of english jurnos said something about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:12 am

Remember the feeling fellas. Sad

Congrats to England on retaining the Ashes for the first time in quite a while.

I was reading on another site, various people saying we lost the battle before it even began. And honestly why did the selectors name that 18(?) man squad for Brisbane lol, England would have been loving it. Still don't understand why Nathan Hauritz wasn't given first crack in this series/taken part in the series. People will probably call for mass changes after this series, which is fair enough. But maybe our bowlers would have performed better if they actually had a decent total to bowl at in three of the four Tests thus far... our usual reliable top order just hasn't fired. No excuses though England have won the big moments and deserve this series win/draw.

Interesting and exciting times ahead for Australian Cricket... there's only one way up from this position!!

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:27 am

NRL_Fanatic wrote:
One thing that was missing in Melbourne that happened in Perth is:

No talk. In Perth we sledged our arses off and really intimidated them in both innings. This test, nothing.
We need to bring that mongrel from Perth into Sydney or we will be beaten mentally.

TBH Ponting and Clarke are in that downfall that Hayden and Hussey had. If Ponting and Clarke scores centuries in either innings of Sydney (pending on selection), you gotta take them both to Bangladesh.

With Katich likely to be back for the Sydney test, hopefully they can get us off the a good start like they have always done in the past tests coming in the series

It's pretty hard when you get done for 98. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:14 am

Brilliant Grin.

Too easy in the end, we deserve to win the series 3-1 but im a bit worried the boys wont turn up and winning the Ashes 2-2 doesnt sound as good really Wink.
Trott's innings was sensational.

Bring on Sydney!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:08 pm

Not much to say that hasn't already been said...it hurts. Bar the Perth Test we've been thoroughly outplayed in all aspects. I must say I've been very impressed with England's bowling attack - James Anderson would have to be one of the best pace bowlers in the world now, he's improved A LOT since the last series in Australia. I was doing cartwheels (metaphorically) when Stuart Broad was ruled out for the series - I reckon he's a top quality player - but England's depth has been shown by how Tremlett and Bresnan have come in and proved their worth.

I reckon it mainly comes down to the top order though - there's no denying our top order has been absolute trash this series, while Strauss, Cook, Trott and Pietersen have been dominating our bowlers left right and centre. England dealt a massive psychological blow to the Aussies when they got 1/517 or whatever it was in the First Test - that was just ridiculous how they were allowed to amass such a total with only one wicket gone.

England deserve to retain the Ashes, so well done to them. Hopefully we can level it up in Sydney though to make sure they don't win the series outright. And it's gonna be a very long two and a half years until the 2013 Ashes. We need to rebuild now, starting with the Sydney Test. Bring in Khawaja sooner rather than later (which should happen now Punter has been ruled out). Don't use Smith at #6. Our Shield development also needs to improve big time because in all honesty, most of the current crop of youngsters that are coming through atm just aren't good enough. Admittedly, that's easy to say considering we've been graced with the likes of Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist, Hayden, Langer, etc - all extremely talented players that only come along once every couple of generations (at least) - in recent years, but I'm not too keen on most of Australia's rising 'stars' atm.

It's not really a time for us to be too critical of the boys atm (though some criticism is definitely warranted), because even though we weren't up to scratch, England were just leaps and bounds ahead of us in all aspects. Just gotta try be positive and look to the future, because we can definitely get back to the top. I loved seeing the fight, the aggressiveness of the team in Perth. The old Australia was back in Perth. Let's keep seeing that old Australia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test   

Back to top Go down

The Ashes: Australia v England - Boxing Day Test
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket :: Matchday-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum