HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon

Go down 

Who Ya Got?
Tigers
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Ducks
100%
 100% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon   Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:43 pm

BCS National Championship Game - Tuesday January 11th, 2011: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon - Glendale, Arizona.

TV: LIVE on ESPN - Game starts at 12:37pm.

Road to the BCS:

#1 Auburn (13-0)

[*] def. Arkansas State 52-26
[*] def. Mississippi State 17-14
[*] def. Clemson 17-14 (OT)
[*] def. #12 South Carolina 35-27
[*] def. Louisiana-Monroe 52-3
[*] def. Kentucky 37-34
[*] def. #12 Arkansas 65-43
[*] def. #6 LSU 24-17
[*] def. Mississippi 51-31
[*] def. Chattanooga 62-24
[*] def. Georgia 49-31
[*] def. #11 Alabama 28-27
[*] def. #19 South Carolina 56-17 (SEC Championship Game)

#2 Oregon (12-0)

[*] def. New Mexico 72-0
[*] def. Tennessee 48-13
[*] def. Portland State 69-0
[*] def. Arizona State 42-31
[*] def. #9 Stanford 52-31
[*] def. Washington State 43-23
[*] def. UCLA 60-13
[*] def. #24 USC 53-32
[*] def. Washington 53-16
[*] def. CAL 15-13
[*] def. #21 Arizona 48-29
[*] def. Oregon State 37-20

Venue: University of Phoenix Stadium.

WHO. YA. GOT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon   Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:00 pm

In just over 12 hours, the 2011 BCS National Championship Game will take place between the #1 Auburn Tigers out of the SEC and the #2 Oregon Ducks out of the PAC-10.

As an Oregon Ducks fan, this season has been one hell of a ride that started all the way back in June of 2010 with the Jeremiah Masoli scandal and thus him being kicked off the team, right down to the win over the Oregon State Beavers in Corvallis in the Civil War game.

I always thought we were the best team in the PAC-10 and but never did I think we were a chance of going to the National Championship Game. I thought given our schedule we'd lose at least once along the way whether it was going to be Stanford, @ USC, @ CAL, Arizona or @ Oregon State.

Fortunately, in some of the biggest tests we faced all season, we managed to pull through and get the W's. Whether it was being down 24-14 to the Sun Devils in Arizona and winning 42-31. Or being down 21-3 at home to what ended up being a 12-1 Stanford Cardinal team that won the Orange Bowl and holding them scoreless in the second half to win 52-31. Then there was the intense match at the Coliseum in LA against the mighty USC Trojans. Down 32-29 after the Trojans had opened the 3rd Q with 2 TD's yet we kept calm and wore them down for a famous 53-32 win. Then there was the closest game of all, the 15-13 win over CAL in Berkeley. Most memorable about that game was the final 9 minute drive that we managed to pull off when the offense had been sputtering all night. Especially given how quick our offense runs plays at.

We've faced plenty of adversity, but we've come through it all and played some amazing football, especially offensively in which we lead the nation in points per game and total offense per game to get to Glendale, Arizona.

Tomorrow concludes what has been the most memorable season for any Ducks fan ever and hopefully it ends with a National Championship to avenge for our Rose Bowl loss to Ohio State last year.

To quote one of my favorite movies ever - D2: The Mighty Ducks - "And when the wind blows hard and the sky is black - Ducks. Fly. Together!!!"

Do it for the long suffering fans. Do it for Phil Knight - co-founder of Nike - and the man that's been funding the Ducks since the mid-90's. Do it for all the people who doubted you in the pre-season when ex-QB Jeremiah Masoli was kicked off the team. But not only that, do it for yourselves and your coach, the man himself Chip Kelly.

GO YOU OREGON DUCKS!!! Grin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon   Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:31 pm

For those that are wondering what all the fuss is about with Auburn QB Cam Newton, then tomorrow is the day to be watching. He's thrown for 28 TD's and rushed for another 20 TD's. At 6'6'', the guy is an absolute beast. To be honest, there's probably no chance in us stopping him as he's simply too good, but if we can contain him then we're right in it.

Also a big day for our QB Darron Thomas. He also threw for 28 TD's this season but only rushed for 4 TD's. That's mainly because we have a star RB in LaMichael James. Came third in the Heisman Trophy and is the focal point of our offense. The other is back-up RB Kenjon Barner. He's the wild card. If James is kept reasonably quiet, then he'll need to lift. But if James has a big game then Barner could also be tough to stop.

Either way, this game is going to be very, very high scoring. Probably the first team to 50 wins. I'm of course going for my Ducks to win, I'm going 49-42.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon   Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Im on the Duckwagon tomorrow Sparky Grin.

Looking forward to it. From what ive seen it could be a shootout so it will be fun I think.
Go the Ducks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon   Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:31 am

Go Ducks!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon   Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:31 am

Poor Sparky

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon   Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:06 pm

BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn def. #2 Oregon 22-19

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had a few hours now to digest the loss but right now I'm feeling utter pain.

Pain that I know all too well from St. Kilda losing two Grand Finals in a row.

To think that we had done the hard yards to force the fumble from Newton and then not only get the TD but then convert the 2pts as well to tie it at 19-19, the momentum was our way. We had made plenty of stops that 4th Quarter as well. We limited Cam Newton probably about as well as you can but just some key plays really did cost us today.

Probably the biggest momentum swing of the game was when we were 11-7 up and the safety that then meant Auburn getting the ball back and Newton was really starting to crank it up at that point. To go into HT 16-11 down and knowing Auburn were starting with the ball, especially when up 11-7 and having the ball yourselves with less than four minutes to go in the half, that really, really, really hurt. Then there was that pass from Thomas to Tuinei and he came so close to getting a TD. We then failed to convert anything on those next four plays. Yes credit to the Auburn defense, but I'm not too sure why we continued to try and run it. The 2pt conversion in the 2nd Q and the LaMichael James TD showed the weakness of the Auburn defensive line was on the wings. Still, I thought Thomas apart from his start where he threw 2 INT's, had a good game. He'll only get better in 2011/12.

Credit to the defensive line of Auburn though, they completely took our running game out of it today. Nick Fairley was simply unbelievable. Made so many crucial tackles. Surely he'll nominate for the NFL Draft and be a top 2-3 pick. He reminds me and a lot of other people of Ndamukong Suh.

On the bright side though, a lot of people thought Auburn would whip our butts today. That was certainly not the case and I'm very proud of what this Oregon team has done this season. It's been an absolute joy not only following them this season, but the previous three seasons before that. With Thomas, James, Barner and most of the core group returning next season, we should again feature prominently in the National Championship discussion.

Go Ducks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon   Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:09 pm

Also, it must be noted, the absolute lack of talk about the game is an absolute travesty. Some people crap on here about certain College players yet never watch the games and just listen to people "in the know". Pull your fingers out folks. You're missing out on the "real football".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon   Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:32 pm

the ducks were very unlucky that the auburn rb fell on the defender, cost them 30 yards when auburn were going for the win.

However thats the way the cookie crumbles
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon   Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:19 am

Svoerman wrote:
the ducks were very unlucky that the auburn rb fell on the defender, cost them 30 yards when auburn were going for the win.

However thats the way the cookie crumbles

Absolutely. They seemed to have the better luck yesterday. His knee goes to the ground, they probably need a very long FG to try and win it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon   Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Ift hat, although the commentators were raving on about how good their fg kicker is and how he hit 48ydr @ Ole Miss.

I must say for such an important gamethe field was a joke. The amount of times the players were slipping was ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon   Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:31 pm

Finally got round to watching the game I recorded live on Tuesday as I was a bit pre occupied what with my city flooding lol. Then the recording stopped with 5 minutes left in the 4th so I had to re-record the replay and finish it off today Laughing.
Anyway, commiserations Sparky. Very cruel way to end the season but Auburn deserved it on the balance of play for me.
As svoey said, when his knee was inches off the ground and made an extra 20 yards or whatever it was made the game for them.
Not the high scoring game I thought we'd have but still an enjoyable watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon   Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:13 am

Svoerman wrote:
Ift hat, although the commentators were raving on about how good their fg kicker is and how he hit 48ydr @ Ole Miss.

I must say for such an important gamethe field was a joke. The amount of times the players were slipping was ridiculous.

Yeah that's because after the Fiesta Bowl game between Oklahoma and Connecticut, they relayed the grass, brand new, from Oregon.

a_F_c wrote:
Finally got round to watching the game I recorded live on Tuesday as I was a bit pre occupied what with my city flooding lol. Then the recording stopped with 5 minutes left in the 4th so I had to re-record the replay and finish it off today Laughing.
Anyway, commiserations Sparky. Very cruel way to end the season but Auburn deserved it on the balance of play for me.
As svoey said, when his knee was inches off the ground and made an extra 20 yards or whatever it was made the game for them.
Not the high scoring game I thought we'd have but still an enjoyable watch.

Cheers AFC. Still feeling absolutely shattered about it.

Many people said the same that Auburn deserved to win, but at the end of the day, they needed one helluva lucky play to get the game winning FG. Absolutely they stopped our running game and Nick Fairley was an absolute beast, but I still think we lost the game when we were 11-7 up and the safety happened. That made it 11-9 then Newton throws for a TD and suddenly they go up 16-11 at HT.

And yeah, definitely not the high scoring game everyone predicted. Oregon came in averaging 49pts per game, Auburn 42 so both were well down on their scoring averages. But when you have over a month to prepare for the game, the defenses will always get on top. Too much time to study different schemes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon   Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:45 am

The greatest image from the BCS National Championship Game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon   

Back to top Go down

BCS National Championship Game: #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Sports and Hobbies | Basketball | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com