HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

NFL Conference Championships Discussion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DB
Guru

PostSubject: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:03 pm

New York Jets v
Pittsburgh Steelers

The Jets will face the mighty Pittsburgh steelers for the AFC title which is sure to be a match won in the trenches. Whoever wins the running game imo will win the match. Both have great defences and great running games but the steelers imo have the better passing game whilst the jets have the better pass defence. So this game is going to be a cracker! im thinking the steelers up by a field goal.

Green Bay Packers v
Chicago Bears

The Green Bay Packers showed us last week how dominant they can be on both sides of the ball. The Bears however with the martz offence may be able to find some holes in their defence. The packers imo are just a strong running back away from being an amazing force. I believe that the packers will get up here and hopefully we see a packers v steelers superbowl

Discuss!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:05 pm

Packers and Steelers Superbowl for me. Id love if the Jets could knock off the Steelers as well though haha.

Both games should be crackers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:58 pm

I won't pretend to know much about American Football. I played once and committed a 'forward lateral' on what I thought was a good touchdown pass. Still don't know what that is, but the touchdown didn't count.

Anyway, will be looking to watch more of this sport in the next two weeks and next season. Obviously will be going for Da Bears. I remember watching us lose a SuperBowl 2-ish years ago. Used to watch the SuperBowl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:28 pm

CHORUS wrote:
I won't pretend to know much about American Football. I played once and committed a 'forward lateral' on what I thought was a good touchdown pass. Still don't know what that is, but the touchdown didn't count.

Anyway, will be looking to watch more of this sport in the next two weeks and next season. Obviously will be going for Da Bears. I remember watching us lose a SuperBowl 2-ish years ago. Used to watch the SuperBowl.

Grin
That would have been in the 2006-7 season to the Colts Wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:37 pm

Packers vs Steelers Superbowl. enough said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:09 am

I've gone with the Packers and Steelers in this weeks games. I think the Packers are playing at an awesome level right now. Aaron Rodgers is simply beasting it. And the Steelers will be better for the close win over the Ravens last week. I think they sneak home against the Jets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1968vet
Professional

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:38 am

As a long suffering Jets fan I am hoping we can do one better than last year and win the AFC.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Is this the equivalent of the NBA's Conference Finals?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:51 pm

CHORUS wrote:
Is this the equivalent of the NBA's Conference Finals?

Yep it sure is. And the SuperBowl being the equivalent to the finals series but you have probably already figured that out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:45 pm

didnt get to see much of this game but get to after work. so far so good being 14 - 0 up. Rodgers is 10 from 15 for 156 and is also doing great on the ground, once again our D is rock solid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:44 am

14-7
Packers with about 8 to go. Bears are on their 3rd string QB as Cutler has done nothing.

Really poor punt from Maynard gives the Packers the ball close to FG range already, could seal it with a TD if they take a few minutes off the clock.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:18 am

WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL BABY WOOOOOOOO!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:15 am

PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:29 am

Steelers 24-3 up at HT.

Jets offence has been non-existent. Can't see the Steelers losing it from here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:45 am

GO PACK!
Fuck the Steelers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:58 am

Not much of a NFL fan, but I do follow the Packers when I watch the sport (mainly due to their proximity to the Milwaukee Bucks)

Will probably watch the Super Bowl. Haven't watched a game all year, but I can bandwagon when I want to Razz

Found it amusing when watching the Bucks game yesterday, when they wanted the crowd to boo (i.e. Grizzlies at free throw line) they put up a big picture of the Chicago Bears logo, and when the Grizzlies missed a free throw, the Packers logo went up. Got the crowd fired up Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:51 am

wow jets are 5 points behind after a safety annd a td to holmes...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:37 am

go the steelers! Good work by the defence to hold onto the win!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:48 am

Ah well the Bears are out but Final 4's not the worst result; plenty of teams did worse. Gear up for next season fellas.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:49 am

How is the city the Superbowl is played in determined, and at what point in the season do they decide it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:19 am

It usually selected like 3 or so years before the actual game. To my knowledge, cities bid and the NFL owners decide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:22 am

Alot of Bears fans are laying into Jay Cutler for being a soft cock and were burning his jumper in the parking lot after the game. When you consider Rivers played in the 07 AFC championship game with a torn ACL, you can understand why the fans maybe upset with their QB.

There will be even more interest to find out what was exactly wrong with Cutler today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:13 pm

Svoerman wrote:
Alot of Bears fans are laying into Jay Cutler for being a soft cock and were burning his jumper in the parking lot after the game. When you consider Rivers played in the 07 AFC championship game with a torn ACL, you can understand why the fans maybe upset with their QB.

There will be even more interest to find out what was exactly wrong with Cutler today.

Yeah, if it turns out he could have played, he'll be crucified.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:54 am

he has a second grade tear in his MCL i think...

dont know how bad that actually is but it doesnt sound like he would have been able to play exceptionally well anyway
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Conference Championships Discussion   

Back to top Go down

NFL Conference Championships Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum