HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

2011 NFL Draft

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DB
Guru

PostSubject: 2011 NFL Draft   Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:58 pm

Ok i know its early but i thought it might promote some talk.

so here is a 1st round mock draft that i have stolen from here

and yes i know that the draft order hasnt been finalised but why not

MelKiperJr.Jr. wrote:
Round 1
1.Carolina Panthers (2-14) AJ Green WR Georgia
Rivera comes from Organizations that dont draft WRs high (SD/Chi) but The Panthers rank last in Passing Offense and Rivera being a defensive guy probally feels he can coach up a later Rd. guy into a Nick Fairley

2.Denver Broncos (3-13) Nick Fairley DT Auburn
This will be a Defensive draft for Denver. Patrick Peterson will get consideration because Champ is set to be a Free Agent and Perrish has a pending rape case. They take Fairley who is this years N.Suh.

3.Buffalo Bills (4-12) DaQuan Bowers DE Clemson
Fitzpatrick bought hiself a year or two. So focus goes on the Pass Rush which would make the Bills Underrated Secondary look much better. D.Bow can play the 5 or OLB in a 3-4 and End in a 4-3.

4.Cincinnati Bengals (4-12) Marcell Dareus DT Alabama
The Bengals will not trade down and even if Bowers or Green are available I think M.D deserves the nod. Tank want be back and Sims has been a dissapointment. Dareus, Peko, and Atkins would be a great trio

5.Arizona Cardinals (5-11) Patrick Peterson CB Louisiana State
Wisenhunt doesnt have a year for a QB to develop he's on the Hot Seat. The Dream Scenario would be to Trade for a Vet QB like McNabb, Sign Free Agent Lemarr Woodley and improve the 22nd Ranked Pass D.

6.Cleveland Browns (5-11) JJ Watt DE Wisconsin
Cleveland heads back to Wisconsin for another linemen. Robaire Smith went down and so did their rush D ranking 27th in the league. Schaefering isnt a starter and Robaire want be back. Watt feels the need.

7.San Francisco 49ers (6-10) Cam Newton QB Auburn
New Coach and besides the CB position QB is the biggest need. Harbaugh era starts with Cam Newton who with the right coaching can play the same role Luck did @Standford and can be a Franchise QB.

8.Tennessee Titans (6-10) Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri
Fisher will never leave Tennessee so @this point he can wait a year or so for a QB Prospect to develop. Blaine isnt perfect but he is coachable with the prototypical Size and Arm to be a Good starter in the league.

9.Dallas Cowboys (6-10) Cam Jordan DE Cal
Why draft CJ with Prince still on the board because the FREE AGENCY FEELED WITH GREAT CB TALENT and their Secondary problems lye @Safety. Cam provides more rush upfront so its more picks in the back.

10.Washington Redskins (6-10) Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
Redskins love drafting DBs high (Taylor 5th, Rodgers 9th, and Landry 7th) their Ranked 31st in Pass D and Carlos Rodgers is set to be a Free Agent. They could go Von or Quinn @OLB which is also a problem area.

11.Houston (6-10) Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
Moving to a 3-4 the biggest need is NT but none are worth this spot so Von stays in Texas, He's a better pick than Quinn who is a year removed from Football and Rush skills should make life easier for the Secondary.

12.Minnesota Vikings (6-10) Jon Baldwin WR PITT
Hear me out. Do you get a QB right here who is better than Webb who beat Philly in Phiily? Berrian is on the decline and Percy's Headache's can occur @Anytime. Another target for Webb would be Perfect in my eyes.

13.Detroit (6-10) Robert Quinn DE North Carolina
This is right where Quinn should go. He is a year removed from football. With a few character concerns almost garentees he want go in the Top 10. He has unbelievable skills and should be amazing beside Suh.

14.St. Louis (7-9) Brandon Harris CB Miami
Harris is the most underrated player in this draft. He is a Top 10 talent. the Rams had problems @WRs but that was due to injuries. With pass rush coming along a CB like Brandon can lock up Crab, Fitz and Big Mike.

15.Miami (7-9) Jake Locker QB Miami
This is a match made in heaven Locker skills can be fully utilized in Miami's system. Henne is too "Passive" and has fail out of favor in Miami. Locker will be able to start year one and become a instant weapon @QB.

16.Jacksonville Jaguars (8-8) Aldon Smith DE Missouri
Aldon is a Freak comparable to Jason Pierre Paul from last year. Jags pass rush has been a issue year in and year out. Alualu was agreat edition last year, Aldon could be a 10 Sack guy playing besides him.

17.New England Patriots/f Oak (8-8) Cam Heyward DE Ohio State
Heyward did alot of damage control @TheSugarBowl with a great performance if he puts it together @TheSeniorBowl he could go a little higher. This feels somewhat of a need for a underachieving D-Line.

18.San Diego (9-7) Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa
Reminds me of Ziggy Woods when he came out of Missouri. He is a little small for the 3-4 End but so was Ziggy and Dorsey. I believe Clayborn will have no problems playing the position. He is always in the backfield.

19.New York Giants (10-6) Nate Solder T Colorado
The Giants must get younger and better at Left Tackle Solder is a Work in Progress with a huge upside. David Diehl had a up and down year and the Former TE Solder could be better than D'Brickashaw in NY.

20.Tampa Bay (10-6) Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue
The Bucs ranked dead last in Pass rush. Ryan kerrigan has all the skills to shange that very underrated has a goiod burst and great second effort. the Bucs just need a few more pieces to become Elite.

21.Kansas City* (10-6) Anthony Costanzo T Boston College
Costanzo can start @Tackle from day one. He fits KC sytem that was great @Run Blocking but often got Exposed in Pass Protection. Cassell proved he is a Franchise QB and giving more time to pass could be elite.

22.Indianapolis* (10-6) Derek Sherrod T Mississippi State
The Colts would love to choose Stephen Paea right here but Peyton's getting touched and Peyton is the Most important priority. Sherrod has a great skill set. Much like Costanzo he can start on the O-Line day one.

23.Philadelphia* (10-6) Jannoris Jenkins CB Florida
Jenkins could be as good as lito was for the eagles if he is the Pick. It will comedown to JJ and RT Carimi. Ried loves huge Tackles but Carimi is mmore of a Road Grader not a Pass Protector. So Winston stays for now.

24.New Orleans* (11-5) Allen Bailey DL Miami
Allen gives the Saints versatility he can play outside orv inside on the D-Line that struggled as the year progressed. Bailey will kill the combine and have alot of hype coming into draft week. he could go as high as 17.

25.Seattle* (7-9) Stephen Paea DT Oregon
Seattle gets the STEAL OF THE DRAFT! S.P will get passed because of his size (6'0 280) but he has incredible strength and is a great pass rusher. This is the guy they would have targeted if they lost to The Rams.

26.Green Bay Packers* (10-6) Justin Houston OLB Georgia
With emergence of RBs James Starks, Folk legend Kuhn, and Brandon Jackson showing life maybe Mark Ingram isnt the Pick right here. The Packs elect to give Clay Mathews a Equal @Outside Linebacker.

27.New York Jets* (11-5) Dion Lewis HB PITT
The Jets look to strike Gold again @PITT with Dion Lewis. LT not going to be around forever and Mcknight hasnt proven he could be a good spell to Shonn Greene. Dion doesnt have alot of wair and is a elite RB prospect.

28.Baltimore Ravens* (12-4) Julio Jones WR Alabama
Julio Jones falls due to concentration lapses, and injuries. He reminds me of Braylon Edwards. Baltimore needs help @WR and has the right guys to motivate and coach Jones into the promising prospect he can be.

29.Chicago Bears* (11-5) Stefan Wisniewski C Penn State
The biggest need in Chicago is O-Line the interior is set to lose a main stay @Center in Free Agency. Stefan has the skill set to play anywhere on interior offensive line, and also can start from day one.

30.Pittsburgh Steelers* (12-4) Gabe Carimi T Wisconsin
The Curtain is desprate for some new drapes. Starting Flozell and Scott has not made life better for Big Ben, Carimi can start @Guard or Tackle day one. and is the Type of nasty Run Blocker you would except to see playing for Pittsburgh. CB Aaron williams is another option.

31.New England* (14-2) Corey Liuget DL Illinois
More Help along the front line helps the backline. On the otherside of age old Gerald warren is 6'1 Myron Pryor who shouldnt be starting for even the Bills. Corey and Cameron are the future of the Pats D-Line.

32.Atlanta Falcons "Champions" Kyle Rodolph TE Notre Dame
As Matt Ryan shreads the Pats D off a great running game Tony Gonz catches the final Pass of his career for a TD gets on his horse and rides into the Sunset a Champion! Kyle gets the nod. Note: Atleast one TE has been drafted in the 1st Rd. for 11 years straight.

what do you guys believe your team needs?

Discuss!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:57 pm

I don't see us drafting a CB, Reid will either give Dimi another year or look to get Asomugha during FA. We will pick up a lineman, more than likely for the offensive line.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:07 am

well i am not sure for the Packers, QB and WR we are set, next year Grant and Finley will be back, so maybe another LB is a good option. maybe an OL would be good, create some depth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:29 am

i think the pick for the packers is right. clay matthews has been turning it up this year but hasnt had too much help from the other lbs. So with a good outside line backer it could dramatically increase the capability of the packers defence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:45 am

We still have A J Hawk who is playing well, Maybe a MLB?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:45 am

Sorry, A J Hawk moved to MLB so yeah another OLB Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:07 am

Just looking at our fb page on talk on the draft, and the general concensus of opinion seems to be that we need to streghthen our defense up the middle.
A DE would be ideal I think, hence why we have got one in this mock draft

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:43 am

NE has the potential to dominate this draft. 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds.

It didn't seem like much at the time, but their trade of their 3rd rounder for the Panters 2nd rounder was a beauty.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:08 am

I'd love Jacksonville to draft a QB. Garrard is good, but when it comes to the crunch, he's not a franchise QB. I'd love us to get either Cam Newton or Ryan Mallett. As we know, Newton is a beast at running the ball although his size won't be as much of a factor against bigger opposition O-Lines but he still has a great ability to throw the ball. Mallett is a little bit different, he has a cannon of an arm though and that is a huge attribute. Also in Maurice Jones-Drew, we're set at the RB position anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:26 pm

combine is coming up!

Im hoping pouncey falls enough so the steelers can pick him up. But from what ive heard his stock has been rising so i dunno...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bronco_josh
Professional

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:57 am

Rams need a few positions, but i would like to see us draft in the Defensive End position. Plenty of depth in that position, and to me, we don't need a rookie WR, we need our WR to stay healthy, and pick up a possession WR in Free Agency
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:58 am

Build on Defence is the key for the rams, though building on a decent offence is a good idea too so not to sure, Bradford fired this year, expect bigger things next year from him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bronco_josh
Professional

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:41 pm

Hank Moody wrote:
Build on Defence is the key for the rams, though building on a decent offence is a good idea too so not to sure, Bradford fired this year, expect bigger things next year from him

I'm confident we can get a stop gap fix this year for offence. A few good signings in the WR and maybe the O line, and I think we are a playoff team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:11 pm

id look for them to draft a play maker for the rams defence. If a team has a great DE it really changes how the whole team plays.

And you comment about picking up a wr on fa has some depth. But the rams recievers arent too bad. But with holmes on the market maybe he might get a look in and that would be amazing for bradford to have a clutch wr.

But who knows lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bronco_josh
Professional

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:34 pm

DB wrote:
id look for them to draft a play maker for the rams defence. If a team has a great DE it really changes how the whole team plays.

And you comment about picking up a wr on fa has some depth. But the rams recievers arent too bad. But with holmes on the market maybe he might get a look in and that would be amazing for bradford to have a clutch wr.

But who knows lol

Our reciever corps is quite good. As you said, we lack a good, solid possession (Clutch) reciever. Our line needs to improve a tad, but handle not too bad ( considered I thought Sam the Ram would get hammered almost every play)

Defence is definately where we need to draft, and with depth at DE, could be the way to go
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:28 am

get excited ppl! First round of the draft is today!

there has been talk that the steelers are going to try and trade up to get pouncey. I really do hope we get him. If he is anything like his brother out o-line will improve out of sight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:09 am

Gabbert only goes 10th Surprised

Texans pass on that Prince fellow to get a defensive lineman Confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:37 am

Eagles decide not to take Jimmy Smith, instead we take some 26 year old lineman Neutral

Pretty much banking on us getting Asomugha in FA obviously. Could be costly if we don't get a good CB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:25 am

we got heyward which is a good pick imo.
Steelers d line was getting a bit old and this guy looks like he will do well in a 3 4 defence.

Looking to trade up in the 2nd to get a cb. There will be plenty of cb's going this round so if we want someone good we will have to trade up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:33 am

Wanted a QB, and in Gabbert we probably got the best QB in the Draft. Stoked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:23 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Wanted a QB, and in Gabbert we probably got the best QB in the Draft. Stoked.
Your D needed more work done to it than the offence tbf.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:27 am

philly wrote:
Your D needed more work done to it than the offence tbf.

I watched at least 6-7 of our games live last season and it wasn't too bad. The reason I say we needed a QB is because Garrard doesn't have that extra level in him. He can play some great games, but his arm isn't that great and so we really do rely on Jones-Drew. With Gabbart, it means we're more unpredictable. I'm sure in the later rounds we'll improve our D.

And how about the Patriots. They got RB Shane Vereen from CAL who is a really underrated running back and got a steal in getting QB Ryan Mallett in the 3rd Round who is from Arkansas. He already has a cannon of an arm, now he'll learn from the best in Tom Brady.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:14 pm

Fair enough. Guess we'll see how it pans out during the season.

As for us, we now have picked a lineman and 2 safeties. Never mind the fact we could do with a starting corner and a line backer who will probly start 50% of the games with Bradley likely to get injured. Again. Sometimes Eagles management amaze me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Sun May 01, 2011 1:18 pm

We managed to nab Casey Matthews in the 4th round. If he is anything like his brother, we have got ourselves a very good LB. Only drafted one, possibly two CB's. Pretty much banking on getting Asomugha otherwise we could have some real problems at CB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   Sun May 01, 2011 2:45 pm

philly wrote:
We managed to nab Casey Matthews in the 4th round. If he is anything like his brother, we have got ourselves a very good LB. Only drafted one, possibly two CB's. Pretty much banking on getting Asomugha otherwise we could have some real problems at CB.

Out of the University of Oregon. Grin

One of my favorite players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 NFL Draft   

Back to top Go down

2011 NFL Draft
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to: