HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

2011 ICC Cricket World Cup

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:50 am

Fixtures & Results: http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket_worldcup2011/content/series/381449.html?template=wcfixtures

Starts tonight... will Bangladesh pull off the first major upset?

Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Huge total of 4/370 posted by India. After being sent into bat Laughing

Sehwag was incredible. 175 off 140! Kholi also batted very well with 100* off 83.

I reckon Bangladesh will be rolled for under 150.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:37 am

Well Bangladesh did very well to get 9/283 from their 50. They got off to a terrific start. They were 0/51 off 5 overs.

Kenya vs NZ kicks off very soon. Hopefully the Kenyans can pull off an upset haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:14 am

^Yep good to see the Bangas make a respectable total... could have been a massive loss considering India scored 370.

Really strange decision to send India in first. Fantastic knock from Sehwag which pretty much ended any chance Bangladesh had of winning.

Steve Tikolo still going around for Kenya... what a legend!!

Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:25 am

No exactly very quick scoring here by the Kenyans, 0/14 off 6.4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:23 am

I dont think Bangladesh's score comes as that much of a suprise to me. There actually a decent team, and I think they will suprise many this tournament.

They've got some really good young talent in comparison to recent years, and i wouldnt be suprised if they shocked all money and snuk into the Super-sixes. Theres always a suprise team in the World Cup, and a few suprise results, and Bangladesh, in my opinion will be a bogey team for some of the stronger nations, theres some serious good talent within the squad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:05 am

Australia to win the World Cup again. I've said it once and I'll say it again, they simply rise to the top in the crunch matches and that's when their main rivals falter. It's been all too familiar in 1999, 2003 and 2007.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:11 am

New Zealnd smashed Kenya by 10 wickets

Kenya got bowled out for 69
Bennett got 4 wickets
Oram and Southee 3 each
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:58 am

Bet we won't have a good bowling performance next game. Aussie will probably get 300+. An attack of Southee, Mills/Bennett, Oram, Styris, Vettori and McCullum is hardly going to strike fear into sides. Only one bowler over consistently 130 km/h and only one who will get any type of spin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:16 am

I wrote an article on thebigtip about Bangladesh in the world cup. Its my first article and i did it in about 30 mins so its probably lacking some polish. Would love for you to check it out and give some feedback though.'

http://thebigtip.com.au/cricket/beware-bangladeshi-0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:08 am

TGBY wrote:
I wrote an article on thebigtip about Bangladesh in the world cup. Its my first article and i did it in about 30 mins so its probably lacking some polish. Would love for you to check it out and give some feedback though.'

http://thebigtip.com.au/cricket/beware-bangladeshi-0

Good read mate, one thing though i don't think it was that wise to put a reference about Scott Lucas in a cricket article. Try and keep it cricket related.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svoerman
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:22 am

TGBY wrote:
I dont think Bangladesh's score comes as that much of a suprise to me. There actually a decent team, and I think they will suprise many this tournament.

They've got some really good young talent in comparison to recent years, and i wouldnt be suprised if they shocked all money and snuk into the Super-sixes. Theres always a suprise team in the World Cup, and a few suprise results, and Bangladesh, in my opinion will be a bogey team for some of the stronger nations, theres some serious good talent within the squad.

Bangladesh should make the Quaters. They play all of their matches at home - a HUGE edge, just ask NZ Sad. I'd back them to beat Ireland, Netherlands and the West Indies... which should get them through.

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Australia to win the World Cup again. I've said it once and I'll say it again, they simply rise to the top in the crunch matches and that's when their main rivals falter. It's been all too familiar in 1999, 2003 and 2007.

When have you ever said that? Laughing This Australian team is nothing like the great 03-07 team where most of the core players were the same. To say they'll come up big when it matters is a stretch, when they have been soundly beaten in all of their recent big matches (ashes, T20 WC final) or have lost matches when they've had them won (1st Indian test, SL ODI).

I'm not saying Australia won't win the WC, but to say they will based on history is just wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:39 am

Australia on 28/0 after 11 overs, better pick up the pace soon....................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:40 am

Almost falling asleep with the rate of scoring
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:43 am

dont know why we our run rate was high from the start of our innings during the ODI series against England and now we are really below par in our run rate against Zimbabwe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:22 pm

The Dutch are really digging into the Poms. ten Doeschate is killing them but England have been horrid with both the ball and in the field. It's going to be a very tough chase for them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:11 am

I was so infuriated watching the Windies last night, got into so many good positions then threw the wickets away, WTF was Chanderpaul thinking to run out Bravo? then play a stupid shot straight to a fielder, and then Thomas near the end off the last ball of Tahir...the last ball before the powerplay was ridiculous

deserved to lose, great play by the South Africans too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:42 pm

Well we're 28 runs away from a very good win over the Kiwis.

Bowled em out for 206. Johnson took 4/33 and Tait 3/35 led the way but I thought Binga bowled very well for his 1/29 off 8 overs.

Great opening partnership from Hadds and Watto. Both going at good strike rates. We're currently 3/180, going a bit slow now but we should wrap this up soonish.

Aussie! Grin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:04 am

The Black Caps always seem to lift against us regardless of how bad they've been playing in past matches/series, so that was a pretty good win for us. Have to feel for them though... must be quite tough for them to focus on Cricket at the moment. Punter got it spot on sending the Kiwis in first and the pace trio were brilliant, also great stuff from Watto and Haddin.

So who's going to replace Dougy? Seems as though Siddle is the likely replacement.

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:32 am

IRELAND!

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:04 am

England are fucken shit.

This World Cup has being marred already by match fixing scandals, and it will only get worse. Unfortunately, due to the actions of a few, the game will never be the same. Australia are being investigated (apparently) over there slow start, which is absolutely absurd, and people are suggesting the India vs England draw be scrutunised after warne tipped a draw. Again absolutely ridiculous, and its a blight on the game, but expect there to be some talk about this one aswell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:18 am

Agree TGBY

Sick of all the bullshit about our slow start against Zimbabwe. Maybe the indian media doesnt know something called good bowling. And the pakistani people accusing Warney is spot-fixing is totally rubbish. Warney knew that India vs England would've been a good game and maybe couldn't find a winner between the teams so went for a "lucky" tip.

Hopefully there is nothin stupid about the Ireland vs England game. Kevin O'Brien played an innings of his life. A match-winning century and a win to celebrate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megadeecee
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:43 am

Afridi's Wicket that put him on a hat trick was a Peg worse than the Chucker (Long live Sir Shane Warne)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:33 am

Big game against Sri Lanka tonight. Hopefully we can remain undefeated.

Oh and Laughing @ England the other night,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:25 am

England in trouble again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup   

Back to top Go down

2011 ICC Cricket World Cup
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Cricket :: Matchday-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | Sports and Hobbies | Basketball | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion