HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Favre Watch

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Manning18
Guru

PostSubject: Favre Watch   Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am

A few days ago, BRrett Favre was officially released by the Jets which allows him to sign with any team from now on, despite telling the world that it was the end for his career. After naming his retirement for the second time, is this the end for the once great QB, Brett Favre, or will he end up throwing more intercepts for another team. I believe he will end his career once and for all this offseason and although might feel the itch to play again, will look at 22 picks last season and have another guess. I hope he plays again and keeps embarrasing himself.

Last edited by ManningMan18 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
southsfreak
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Fri May 01, 2009 2:12 pm

I agree with my brother he is embarresment to someNFL fans, i believe he should hang up the boots and give a young gun the job give the game a excitement
other than a freak sshow hes too old.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Sun May 03, 2009 12:13 pm

i saw this and laughed Razz

if he comes back he will be the biggest idiot in the whole wide world...

he made a legend out of himself at GB and should have retired instead of going to the jets...

i think he would have learnt from that mistake
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YellowBox
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Tue May 05, 2009 1:03 pm

He's an alright quarterback, in his early years he was good but he's just been going downhill. He's much better than Peyton Manning imo, Peyton should just quit before he gets himself killed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Tue May 05, 2009 2:37 pm

YellowBox wrote:
He's an alright quarterback, in his early years he was good but he's just been going downhill. He's much better than Peyton Manning imo, Peyton should just quit before he gets himself killed.

hahahaha where is your reply to that manningman18 Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manning18
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Tue May 05, 2009 2:41 pm

Alright Matt, you know nothing of the NFL why are you even on this forum lol. Your so-called hate for peyton Manning is great. Try to name another player in the league. Do you know of any? You only go for the Redskins because of the Red part which relates to yourself with your obsession with the Tube. I cant bag out you fave player as you only know who Tom Brady is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Tue May 05, 2009 2:54 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manning18
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Wed May 06, 2009 10:05 am

Here we go again

Embarrass yourself some more Favre.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Wed May 06, 2009 11:50 am

why oh why would he come back..again?!
idiot!!
was watching sportscentre the other day and they said his agent has ruled out any chances of him coming outa retirement
i hope he doesnt tarnish wat he has left to cling on to after already returning Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Wed May 06, 2009 11:53 am

It's NEVER THE END for Favre.

The even opened up PTI about how he's going to have a meeting with the Minnesota Vikings.

To be honest, I think he'll comeback, but I really couldn't give a rats if he does or doesn't. I'm over Favre, I just wish ESPN would get over him as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manning18
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Wed May 06, 2009 12:10 pm

If he comes back we will know who will lead the league in interceptions and what team won't be getting to the playoffs. Hes a dick, putting the packers under such a morale changing decision in either keeping the 'Legend' and having another year of waste going to Aaron Rodgers or having the fans turning against you by trading him while keeping hopes for the future up. He has the record for most interceptions thrown which in my books doesn't give you legendary status. What is even more wierd about this story is that he is thinking of going to the VIKINGS!!! A player who has played for the PACKERS for 17 years and hated the VIKINGS for 17 years, is going to go to the arch-enemy of his beloved team for so long. The Jets stupidly picked him up last year hoping he will be their one year wonder for them (Because once hes gone theres no one decent to back him up and they would have gone into rebuilding mode again) and were lucky to pick up a franchise QB within a year. How are the Vikings going to do it. The guy is 40 years old and will surely retire after the season, so Vikings will be put under pressure like the Jets in getting a fanchise QB to replace him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Wed May 06, 2009 12:39 pm

In Favre's and the NY Jets defense, they were 9-3 before collapsing in the final 4 games.

And yeah, the Jets are VERY lucky they got Mark Sanchez, but I wouldn't call him a "Future QB" just yet.

Someone I would is for example a Sam Bradford of Oklahoma or my man Colt McCoy of Texas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manning18
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Wed May 06, 2009 12:48 pm

Hes also a choker, have a look at the teams he lost to in the season-

Raiders (A terrible team the he should have beat)
49ers (Another terrible team he should have beat)
Seahawks (Terrible team he should have beaten)
Broncos (Average team which could have been a toss-up)
Patriots (In Cassells first game which you are expected to win)
Dolphins (A good team, Bretts excused for this loss)
Chargers (An average team at that point of the season, another toss-up)

Last year Brett was 9-7, If he was good enough to beat the easy teams, he would have gone around 13-3 to around 15-1.

Add 22 Interceptions to that if you are saying the defense could have let him down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Wed May 06, 2009 1:25 pm

ManningMan18 wrote:
Hes also a choker, have a look at the teams he lost to in the season-

Raiders (A terrible team the he should have beat)
49ers (Another terrible team he should have beat)
Seahawks (Terrible team he should have beaten)
Broncos (Average team which could have been a toss-up)
Patriots (In Cassells first game which you are expected to win)
Dolphins (A good team, Bretts excused for this loss)
Chargers (An average team at that point of the season, another toss-up)

Last year Brett was 9-7, If he was good enough to beat the easy teams, he would have gone around 13-3 to around 15-1.

Add 22 Interceptions to that if you are saying the defense could have let him down.

Thing is though, Favre makes passes like barely anyone, that's what he's renown for, making those amazing passes. He can be excused for making so many Interceptions.

9-7 is still a good Season, it was just because they were 9-3 that everyone got on his back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manning18
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Wed May 06, 2009 1:42 pm

Who gets excused for throwing interceptions? I hope you were being sarcastic there as not Peyton, not Brady no body gets excused for throwing interceptions. That is his wrong decision if he wants to go long so many times. And Sparky, this isn't the NCAA or wherever you might be thinking from, its the NFL and no matter what team it is, 9-7 isn't a good season. The aim for teams in the NFL is to make the playoffs and that was the reason Favre was brought in and the reason Mangina was fired. Part of being a good team in the NFL is keeping form throughout all 16 games which was not what the Jets had. That is the reason the colts, Steelers and Patriots were so successful through the last 5 or so years, because they didn't choke at the start, middle or end. 9-7 wasn't good enough to make the playoffs in a very good AFC conference. no record is good enough if it isn't good enough for the playoffs.

Excusing the Lions who with 6-10 might be a good sign.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Wed May 06, 2009 1:58 pm

Sorry but 9-7 is a decent record.

Yes in the AFC it wasn't that good because the Dolphins and Patriots went 11-5 but in another Division they'd have made the Playoffs.

The Charges made the Playoffs being 8-8 and made the 2nd Round of the Playoffs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Wed May 06, 2009 2:17 pm

i reckon if he went to the vikings he would be picked as their first QB though... he is better than what they have atm and he would be able to fill in for a year while the QB's below him grow. Just having a man of his experience in the team can work wonders.

he wont be up contending for the best QB of the season but he would still be able to play well for the vikings.

dont forget last year he threw 6 TD passes in one game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Wed May 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Dragon Bomber wrote:
i reckon if he went to the vikings he would be picked as their first QB though... he is better than what they have atm and he would be able to fill in for a year while the QB's below him grow. Just having a man of his experience in the team can work wonders.

he wont be up contending for the best QB of the season but he would still be able to play well for the vikings.

dont forget last year he threw 6 TD passes in one game.

Of course he would, he's Brett Favre damn it!

He's not going to sit on the bench. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Wed May 06, 2009 2:27 pm

the way manningman is saying it is that he isnt worth it though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Wed May 06, 2009 2:51 pm

Dragon Bomber wrote:
the way manningman is saying it is that he isnt worth it though...

What ManningMan is saying is that it was Favre's fault for the Jets missing the Playoffs last season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Wed May 06, 2009 2:54 pm

because he is incompetent.......

i personally believe the jets were stupid for getting rid of pennington... he is a great QB as was shown last season at miami
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manning18
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Thu May 07, 2009 8:35 am

What I am saying sparky is that they would have gone better without him and 22 Interceptions let the whole team down. Yes, he had his odd moments of 6 touchdowns but he had his more frequent moments throwing Interceptions, something he has done more than anyone else that has ever played the game. They had a good defense but 22 turnovers from one man took its toll.

Also, 9-7 may be a decent record but what I am saying is considering the teams he lost to, that wasn't a good record. Aand I can't believe that you said that HE CAN BE EXCUSED FOR THROWING INTERCEPTIONS!!! Do you know anything about the NFL, NO BODY IS EXCUSED FOR THROWING AN INTERCEPTION.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Thu May 07, 2009 12:02 pm

i think this is gona happen u kno...i dont think it shoudl but it seems like it might
idiot favre!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Manning18
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Thu May 07, 2009 1:02 pm

I think it will and I hope it will happen lol.

He just can't get that hes lost it. He has to look back of the days of 95' and 96' where he was in his prime and say to himself 'Im not as good anymore.' I'm sure 22 interceptions and the losses to average teams was clear to him. I rate Bernard Berrian, but other than him there isn't much of a high caliber of WR in Minesota. I hope he embarrasses himself some more so it becomes clear to him that hes gotta give it up. Either that or hes gonna die on the field.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   Thu May 07, 2009 2:02 pm

i hope he doesnt embarrasses himself anymore....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favre Watch   

Back to top Go down

Favre Watch
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Create free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum