Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Week 5 Discussion Thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Week 5 Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 12:42 pm

The games this week are-

Cincinatti Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Browns @ Buffallo Bills
Washington Redskins @ Carolina Panthers
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Detroit Lions
Dallas Cowboys @ Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders @ New York Giants
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Philadelphia Eagles
Minesota Vikings @ St Louis Rams
Atlanta Falcons @ San Fransisco 49ers
Houston Texans @ Arizona Cardinals
New England Patriots @ Denver Broncos
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Seattle Seahawks
Indianapolis Colts @ Tenessee Titans
New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins

Bye: New Orleans Saints, San Diego Chargers, Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers
Back to top Go down
Boomer
Guru
Boomer

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:05 pm

Confident we can get up over Chiefs. Hopefully Romo can have a great game since the Chiefs have such a weak pass defence Smile

Colts v Titans is the only televised game tomorrow because of Major League baseball Sad

Predicting the Colts to touch the Titans up by 25+ points, looking forward to seeing the genius that is Peyton Manning rip up!
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:42 pm

13-13 all in the Chiefs-Cowboys game!!

Haven't watched the game, but Romo doesn't look to be stuffing it p for the Cowboys being 18/28 with 0 tds and ints.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:01 pm

20-13 to the Cowboys, Miles austin with the 59-yd TD

Cincy about to beat baltimore to take a divisional lead.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:00 am

im sick of the steelers not being able to shut out teams this year... we should have beaten detroit by more than 8 points...
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:32 am

wow bengals win over ravens in last 22 seconds...bills and browns td less 6 - 3!!!
Back to top Go down
Shanbon
Guru
Shanbon

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:52 am

Hopefully Colts win by 4 or more
Back to top Go down
1968vet
Professional
1968vet

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:31 am

Monday night football.

Jets V Dolphins.

This will see how much the Jets have improved.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:16 am

Shanbon wrote:
Hopefully Colts win by 4 or more

haha its pretty likely now Razz 31-9
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:19 am

1968vet wrote:
Monday night football.

Jets V Dolphins.

This will see how much the Jets have improved.

dolphins are gonna have work hard without pennington for the rest of the season...

hopefully henne can put in another good performance to beat the jets...

go the wildcat Razz
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:59 am

yewwww!
5-0 baby Razz

we looked brilliant today, the titans were awful though but still u have to play whats in front of u and we did that well Very Happy
peyton with another 300+ passing yard game, 5th in a row Smile hes on fire!

just quietly...i can see us going all the way this year
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 7:30 am

Cincinatti Bengals 17-14 Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Browns 6-3 Buffallo Bills
Washington Redskins 17-20 Carolina Panthers
Pittsburgh Steelers 28-20 Detroit Lions
Dallas Cowboys 26-20 Kansas City Chiefs (OT)
Oakland Raiders 7-44 New York Giants
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 14-33 Philadelphia Eagles
Minesota Vikings 38-10 St Louis Rams
Atlanta Falcons 45-10 San Fransisco 49ers
Houston Texans 21-28 Arizona Cardinals
New England Patriots 17-20 Denver Broncos (OT)
Jacksonville Jaguars 0-41 Seattle Seahawks
Indianapolis Colts 31-9 Tenessee Titans

Some huge blowouts in Week 5 so far! Jaguars, Niners, Rams and Raiders all going down heavily.
Indy, Denver, Giants and the Vikings all still undefeated at 5-0 and the Saints still at 4-0 after their bye this week.
Back to top Go down
Kitch
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:46 am

a_F_c wrote:
Giants and the Vikings all still undefeated at 5-0 and the Saints still at 4-0 after their bye this week.

Giants vs. Saints next week in New Orleans. Should be a good game. I'm keen to see how the Giants D goes about slowing down (and hopefully stopping) Drew Brees.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:52 am

Kitch wrote:
a_F_c wrote:
Giants and the Vikings all still undefeated at 5-0 and the Saints still at 4-0 after their bye this week.

Giants vs. Saints next week in New Orleans. Should be a good game. I'm keen to see how the Giants D goes about slowing down (and hopefully stopping) Drew Brees.

it will be a hard task for the giants... i just want to see reggie bush fire Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kitch
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:02 am

Dragon Bomber wrote:
Kitch wrote:
a_F_c wrote:

it will be a hard task for the giants... i just want to see reggie bush fire Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_biggrin

Used to love Reggie. Saw him play twice for USC. Now I don't like him when he plays a certain team in blue!!
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:07 am

are you from america? and im guessing your a giants supporter lol...

i think that the giants will struggle against such a dominant offensive team...

the giants did smash oakland but then again it is oakland.

i think overall it will be a close match between to firing sides Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kitch
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:23 am

Dragon Bomber wrote:
are you from america? and im guessing your a giants supporter lol...

i think that the giants will struggle against such a dominant offensive team...

the giants did smash oakland but then again it is oakland.

i think overall it will be a close match between to firing sides Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_biggrin

Nope. I'm from Australia. I just have a friend who is way connected in LA and get really good tickets for Trojans home games and the Rose Bowl. Been to the 2007, 2008 and 2009 Rose Bowls. And yes, aside from the Trojans, my heart is with New York - Giants, Rangers, and Yankees.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:25 am

aarrrghhh jealous... would love to go to the rose bowl... the tickets for that are extremely expensive though arent they?
Back to top Go down
Kitch
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:27 am

Dragon Bomber wrote:
aarrrghhh jealous... would love to go to the rose bowl... the tickets for that are extremely expensive though arent they?

Depends if you want to be close enough to hear Brian Cushing put a hit on some poor Fighting Illini player - as we were last year in 2008. This year, we were halfway up the stand behind the end zone where the Penn State fans were gathered. Interesting pre-game, very quiet from them post-quarter time.

You can get some reasonably priced tickets. Bench seating, though.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:33 am

thats sic man...

well i hope you can stay around and talk more NFL Very Happy

always good to have more fans
Back to top Go down
Kitch
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:39 am

Dragon Bomber wrote:
thats sic man...

well i hope you can stay around and talk more NFL Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_biggrin

always good to have more fans

You bet. I'm a big fan. Watch 5-6 NCAA/NFL games a week. It's great. Love summers of American Football.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:35 pm

For me, the biggest talking point is Cedric Benson - a man on a mission. The Ravens had been damn near air-tight against the run so far this year, but he plowed his way to 120 yds and a score at 4.4yds/carry. Benson looks legit, as do the Bengals for that matter.

Wins for the Browns (oh lord, that game stunk) and Seahawks make the Buccaneers and Rams look like top contenders for the #1 draft pick right now. I maintain that the Rams are the worst team in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Kitch
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:51 pm

Kvltism wrote:
I maintain that the Rams are the worst team in the NFL.

No doubt about that. I had the Seahawks defense as my fantasy D while the Chargers were on a bye. They propelled me to a win this week!!
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 1:09 pm

I had Crosby and the Chicago D in my lineup (both on a bye), but got some great returns from T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Larry Fitzgerald and Ray Rice.

People were way too quick to rag on Seattle. They are a decent enough team when they aren't plagued with injuries. Of course they were going to have major problems without the likes of Lofa Tatupu, Leroy Hill, Ken Lucas, Walter Jones, Matt Hasselbeck and Chris Spencer.

Should add that Rashard Mendenhall was respectable too. Steelers fans would probably like to see him retain a healthy workload, even when Parker is back from injury.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 1:12 pm

Jets v Dolphins should be pretty good tomorrow, quite looking forward to it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 5 Discussion Thread   Week 5 Discussion Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com