Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe. Empty
PostSubject: Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe.   Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:38 am

How good was he last night? the guy was on fire. His try saving tackle on Andy Ellis was a highlight of the game for me. You could not ask for more from a number 7. Just a shame he broke his noes and couldn't carry on.

When McCaw does retire look for Lowe to get the number 7 All Black jersey. Lowe has been in great form this Air New Zealand cup and was very decent for the Hurricanes earlier in the year.

Karl Lowe is only 25 so has a few years left in him, and will only get better. By the end of the WC, McCaw will be over 30 and probably strongly considering finishing his rugby career off raking in as much cash as he can in Europe.

New Zealand has always been very strong in the loose forwards, from as far back as I can remember ('95) and especially in the no.7 jersey. Michael Jones, Josh Kronfeld, Marty Holah, Richie McCaw....and now Karl Lowe.

Karl Lowe is definitely a dark horse for the end of year tour. I would even settle for Lowe in the 6, McCaw in 7. Or move McCaw to 8, Lowe in 7 and Thomson at 6.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe.   Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:41 am

I really hope that Colin Cooper isn't a complete dumb-ass and picks Lowe in his protected group AND plays him regularly. Scott Waldrom is on the way out as it is.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe.   Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:41 am

Scott Waldrom is still a very good player. Hurricanes would be better off playing Lowe at 6 where he played a bit in this year's super 14 because Vito is a massively over rated player
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe.   Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:49 am

I reckon Vito has a lot of potential, but just hasn't showed it as yet. He's still only 22 so wouldn't give up on him just yet.

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe.   Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:52 am

Yea I'm not saying give up on him but someone shouldnt get super 14 starts just because of potential, they should be the best player, but Karl Lowe is definitely better than him
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe.   Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:56 am

Yea for sure, I would expect Karl Lowe to definitely get a starting spot. But just unsure where, I'd prefer him at 7 instead of 6. you've also got Levave who can be a decent 6

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe.   Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:59 am

Levave is even more useless than Vito! He was meant to be hurricanes starter this year but slipped well down the pecking order. Waldrom is far too good to leave out when fit, he is awesome over the ball
Back to top Go down
Ruggerhead
Veteran
Ruggerhead

PostSubject: Re: Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe.   Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:06 am

Karl Lowe had an epic game last night. It was a shame he had to go off had he stayed on they would have won.

But he will no doubt get overlooked again for the Canes
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe.   Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:18 am

What is this talk of him being overlooked again? He was the starter at 6 for the bulk of the season until injury ruled him out and when he was back Cooper left Vito starting and Lowe on the bench
Back to top Go down
Ruggerhead
Veteran
Ruggerhead

PostSubject: Re: Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe.   Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:22 am

thats what I was talking about he should be the starting number 7 for the Canes next year.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe.   Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:33 am

I almost hoping that Waldrom's injury just stops him playing as he's overrated IMO - he's got skills, but is injured too often and the Canes need to plan for the future too - they've already lose mathewson who, after Weepu leaves (probably just after the WC) will be VERY hard to replace...

I actually have come to rate Vito a lot - he's come to realise more that he has to get his hands dirty and get involved in the tight stuff. Plus, if they take Lowe who (let's face it) is a bit of a shorty, then they'll need to extra lineout option as well in Vito. Plus, Vito's more "flair" oriented play would work well with Lowe's grunt work. IMO the best Canes trio atm is Vito, Lowe & So'oialo, with Waldrom on the bench and Eaton able to cover blindside if needed.

Levave is nothing more than a bench player IMO - he can add some grunt later in the piece, but nothing more.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe.   Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:39 am

Hurricanes let their best number 8 go. When Scott Waldrom has been fit this Air NZ Cup he has made his opponents look like school boys. Vito is found wanting alot on defense and Karl Lowe provides enough flair
Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe.   Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:46 am

I agree with the last few posts Waldrom has been sensational at 8 for the magpies and would easily be the canes number 8 Rodneys days have gone but Hansen seems to love him.

Vito, Lowe, So'oialo will be the back three for the canes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe.   Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Move over Richie make way for Karl Lowe.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com