Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Benji Marshall to Union, What position??

Go down 

Position?
Full Back
Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Vote_lcap0%Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Half Back
Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Vote_lcap14%Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Fly Half
Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Vote_lcap43%Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Centers
Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Vote_lcap29%Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Wings
Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Vote_lcap14%Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Empty
PostSubject: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:28 am

What position do you think Benji will play?

Clearly he wont be a forward, but I cant see him any position in the backs either.

Fullback - Cant see him returning a kick, or putting in a solid punt when needed.

Halfback - Pass isn't strong enough

Fly Half - Kicking game isn't up to scratch

Centers - Cant tackle

Wings - Nowhere near fast enough
Back to top Go down
United
Guru
United

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:31 am

i think he will be ok in the wings

Last edited by soccerking on Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:32 am

Flyhalf or inside centre in my opinion.

Will definitely have to work on his kicking game if he wants to play 10 though.

Size may be questionable for inside centre, although berrick barnes isnt the most masculine player and he has been succesful there
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:33 am

Yea I can see him as a Walter Little like 12 that cant tackle.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:35 am

soccerking wrote:

Haha Laughing

I put that option in as a bit of a joke. That would be the last position in the backline I'd put him.
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 3:46 am

I dont think he shud come to union

but if he does first five
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:00 am

Umm waterboy?? I think he would be suited to playing sevens rugby. But on a serious not i cant see him playing 15/13/10 so id have to say 9/12 are his best chances. And could possibly play wing, but wont be as successful. League is the game for him.
Back to top Go down
United
Guru
United

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:50 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
soccerking wrote:

Haha Laughing

I put that option in as a bit of a joke. That would be the last position in the backline I'd put him.
yes i thought so ... I was only joking as well
Back to top Go down
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:29 am

Centre. That's all I see him playing.
Back to top Go down
United
Guru
United

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:58 am

yes, centre or Fly Half
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:30 pm

yeah marshall can pretty much play 9/10 or at a stretch 12 but cant see him makin the ABs. benji tends to be unpredictable with his form and has shocking defence. has a limited bag of tricks so will really need to be accurate with the basics

in benji's defence tho he does pull finger in the big games, but at Super14 and test level u gotta perform everygame
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:54 am

I can see marshall playing 10, not the best kicking game to get a team out of strife. I believe he will play halfback and he will be well suited there. I wish he all the best, hopefully he can when he plays rugby makes the all blacks. He probalely will come to nz before the world cup to play for a super14 side so he qualify's for the world cup.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:56 am

Pass him to the Blues or Chiefs for HB - rest are sorted.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:59 am

yeah ae lol, patherus u dont want him at the canes? if he comes to nz, i agree he will go to blues or chiefs
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 12:01 am

SportsLegend wrote:
yeah ae lol, patherus u dont want him at the canes? if he comes to nz, i agree he will go to blues or chiefs

Well just that with Weepu and Mathewson we're well convered for HB for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:29 am

Yeah, i think that he will go somewhere up north. He might not even want to come back to New Zealand. But he has shown interest to do so, i dont believe that he will get a all blacks jersey though thats just imo.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 4:55 am

Agree SL - there are just too many good halfbacks in the country now.

He'll probably go the same was as SBW - frankly I think he's all talk and will never really amount to anything in the Union world.
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 5:10 am

Pantherus wrote:

He'll probably go the same was as SBW - frankly I think he's all talk and will never really amount to anything in the Union world.

All talk in what way?

He seems to cop a fair bit of stick for being an apparent showboat but from what I've seen, he's never perpetuated this perception through anything he's ever said or done. Considering all the shoulder reconstructions he's had, I actually think he's shown a fair bit of ticker to keep trying to front up the way he has.

SBW deserves all his criticism, but Benji's is a little unfair in my opinion.

Whether he is ultimately succesful in a switch remains to be seen (I think he would potentially make a very good 12), but I think he'll give it a good go either way.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 5:14 am

True - my comment was really aimed at SBW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benji Marshall to Union, What position??   Benji Marshall to Union, What position?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Benji Marshall to Union, What position??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com