Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

North Island V South Island

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

North Island V South Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:06 pm

Rueben Thorne should be no way near that team, you dont just happen to become an All Black captain by luck and everyone that has ever played with him rates him very highly
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:07 pm

Bryn Evans is no better than the likes of Thrush, Bekhuis... and definitely not more deserving than Donnelly, who could of had a spot but they choose Evans over him.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:09 pm

If Deans hadn't been the "Assistant" coach then Thorne would never have made the team, let alone captain. He's not know as "Captain Invisible" for nothing. Only those with one eye or their heads up their arse think otherwise.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:18 pm

He first made the team in 1999... He captained them 22 times for 19 wins which is pretty decent i think. He is known as captain invisible to people like you and Hendo that only seem to watch ball in hand stuff, not the mountain of other work that guys like him and Read do to deserve their spots
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:20 pm

Evans can be put in the same boat as Isaac Ross. They are both just seagulls that I dont want anywhere near the All Blacks. Ross has shown the last 2 weeks that he doesnt even deserve to be on that tour
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:26 pm

Why don't u just go make out with Keiran Read, you seem to love him so much.

Thorne was the worst ABs captain we've had from what I can remember. As P'Rus said he only got the gig because dumbass Dingo Deans was the Assistant Coach.

And don't go thinking I am not aware of what it takes to be a good forward, been watching union for years and now how important it is for forwards to get in amongst it in the breakdown.

All you seem to judge your selections on is if they get amongst the rucks or not, there is a lot more to the game than that.

Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:28 pm

and yet guys like Rodney who are well known for their workrate and summirarily dismissed by you?

Thorne and Read are invisible because they actually don't do anything - they swan around the breakdown without adding any actual effectiveness, or else they're floating around on the wing hoping for some glory - where they have no business being.

Thorne was a good captain and good leader - don't get me wrong there, but he's a rubbish PLAYER. He lead the ABs to 19 wins from 22 matches because there was genuine talent elsewhere in the team - nothing to do with him.
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:32 pm

Was Deans assistant coach in 1999? How is 22 games for 19 wins worst captain ever? That seems like a pretty good record to me. That is the first and foremost role of a forward, whereas you like to see them swanning around in the backline like Isaac Ross
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:34 pm

Every time Ross was swanning around in the backs, Read was right next to him.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:36 pm

Any captain can have a great record when you are surrounded by the quality players that played along side him.

Ah no, I like to see both, a player that puts in the pressure in the rucks and a player that isn't afraid to step into the backline and support the backs (so pretty much Josh Kronfeld like). Read tries to do both but fails, when ever he gets the ball he loses it.

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Do you not watch the way that they clean out the rucks? There are few better at it than Read, probably only McCaw and maybe Thorn. Rodney may have a high workrate, but when he gets his hand on the ball he is pretty ineffective which isn't ideal for a number 8. Haha no way near. Ross stays away from rucks as much as he can.
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:52 pm

chrishbhs wrote:
Was Deans assistant coach in 1999? How is 22 games for 19 wins worst captain ever? That seems like a pretty good record to me. That is the first and foremost role of a forward, whereas you like to see them swanning around in the backline like Isaac Ross

Thorne may have made his debut in 99 but for the first three years he was barely a fringe selection, mostly off the bench.

He became captain and an automatic starter in 02 - funnily enough, when Deans and Mitchell took over.

And in the two years that those clowns were running the ship, our forward pack become the joke of international rugby. Can we ever forget the humiliation of not being able to front up to a 6 man English pack in Wellington 03?

Thorne was an honest grafter who worked hard for the team. That in itself is admirable but its hardly worth crowing about either.
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Read tries to do both but fails, when ever he gets the ball he loses it.

His ball skills are atrocious.

I used to have serious doubts about him but to be honest, I've come to admire his work rate. I like the way he runs hard too.

But as you say, if he's going to try and be a link man as well, he needs to sharpen his ball skills massively.

That pass he tried to throw for Rokocoko when a try was begging in Wellington was a shocker.
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:56 am

Yea I agree that he was no all time great, but he was worthy of being an All Black which the others doubt. Yea that was a bad pass but he should be able to improve that aspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Island V South Island   North Island V South Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

North Island V South Island
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com