Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

What do you think?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:38 pm

On August 9 1999, The Broncos took on the Chargers at ANZ Stadium drawing a crowd of over 73,000. It was he first and only game ever held in the Southern Hemisphere.

Will it ever happen again??

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:03 pm

im hoping that it will again... i think with the popularity of the sport growing down here there will be more demand for it...

since one HD is showing games support for it has sky rocketed and its really becoming something more common in day to day life in the southern hemisphere
Back to top Go down
the dugong
Professional
the dugong

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:06 pm

How many games do you guys get a week? i think we only get 1 a week and its usually mid afternoon when im working
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:09 pm

3 games a week

one at 4am on monday, 10:30am monday and 10:30am Tuesday (Sunday arvo game, sunday night and monday night game in the U.S.A)
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:19 pm

Hank Moody wrote:
3 games a week

one at 4am on monday, 10:30am monday and 10:30am Tuesday (Sunday arvo game, sunday night and monday night game in the U.S.A)

I think that's only for One HD as Fox Sports show one game and ESPN show both the Sunday and Monday Night game however I think they show them on One HD as well. So I think with Foxtel you'd get at least four games a week which is great.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:14 am

They should at least bring a pre-season game over here. Stop wasting their time at London. I would go for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:11 pm

They were talking on SEN tonight about playing a game in Melbourne and everyone either said wouldn't be possible or that it's too far for the players to fly.

Stupid dumb people that don't know the sport really, the NFL does have Bye weeks.

They could easily schedule the match so that the two teams get the next week off to recuperate.
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:17 pm

hmmm IMO it won't happen

Mainly due to the time difference and americans love for live sport, with the time difference any suitable time for the game is well into the night over in america...

I mean the recent game in london was put on at a time that wouldn't interrupt the tv sechdual, this isn't possible in Australia..

if that makes any sense
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:20 pm

Svoerman wrote:
hmmm IMO it won't happen

Mainly due to the time difference and americans love for live sport, with the time difference any suitable time for the game is well into the night over in america...

I mean the recent game in london was put on at a time that wouldn't interrupt the tv sechdual, this isn't possible in Australia..

if that makes any sense

Actually, if you played the game at lunchtime on a Sunday afternoon, around 2pm here, it'd be midnight over in the East Coast, but only 9pm on the West Coast so there'd still be a big enough US audience to watch the game.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:23 pm

They were tossing up the idea of playing a Pro Bowl over here actually, given the main reason players rock up for it is to get a free holiday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:28 pm

i would go no matter where in Aus it would be
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:40 pm

Hank Moody wrote:
i would go no matter where in Aus it would be

I'd definitely go if it was in Melbourne. I'd try and go if it was in Sydney as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com