Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS

Go down 

What teams will be in the final?
Canterbury V Wellington
Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Vote_lcap14%Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Canterbury V Southland
Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Vote_lcap14%Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Wellington V Hawkes Bay
Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Vote_lcap71%Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
Southland V Hawkes Bay
Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Vote_lcap0%Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Empty
PostSubject: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:31 pm

10 teams are out and only 4 survive. We have reached the finals of the Air New Zealand Cup 2009, and any of the remaining 4 teams have what it takes to win this years competition.

In the first game of the finals, Cantebury will host Hawkes Bay on Friday Night at 7:30. Canterbury after losing the shield last week to the Stags, will be hoping to get something out of this impressive season of theirs. They will really need their young stars, Colin Slade and Stephen Brett to step up, and take control of the game. They have a depleted forward pack who were outplayed by Southland last week. Hawkes Bay on the other hand, have a very strong forward pack. Backlines on paper look pretty even. Expecting a great game where Hawkes Bay will get some revenge for being robbed of a chance to draw in round 12. Magpies by 9. Canterbury are favourites at the TAB $1.60 at Hawkes Bays $2.20

In the second semi, the Stags travel to the capital to meet Wellington, game is early at 7:05pm due to the All Blacks V Wallabies game on after. The Stags will be on a massive high after defeating Canterbury and taking the shield last week, they will be confident they can upset the Lions like they did to the Cantabs. Wellington are coming off a close win over Tasman but have been on a roll recent weeks winning 5 in a row. Last times the teams met were in round 9, where Wellington won comfortably 32-13. I'm predicting a Wellington win again, this time though only by 10 points. Wellington are the favourites at the TAB $1.50 to Southlands $2.50.

Wellington to host Hawkes Bay in the final, that is my prediction Very Happy

I will be putting my money on 2009 Air NZ Cup Final - Hawkes Bay to beat Wellington in the final, it is paying $6.50.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:10 am

go hawkes bay Wink haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
the dugong
Professional
the dugong

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:02 am

I put money on Wellington to beat Hawke's Bay in final and southland to beat them as well (sorry hendo) but i cant got past them for this week they got close with they controversial loss 2 weeks ago and canterbury had their all blacks. Even though this was a home game for them they still showed enough in my opinion and they haven't lost any key players through injury. Southland showed that canterbury are beatable at home and the aura surrounding them has disappeared on a plane to tokyo
I just dont know whether my money should be on the bay 1-12 or 13+
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:18 pm

Hawkes Bay and Southland .

Come on hawkes bay woo hoo!
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:16 am

With Piri and Hosea on board with the Lions, and Southland still on a hangover from the shield win (despite what they claim) I think the Wellington / HB final is on the cards. Canterbury are severly depowered with the depature of their ABs (Crockett, Flynn, Franks, Thorn, McCaw, Read, Ellis, Carter) not to mention some potentially key injuries (I understand both Whitelock and Ross are in a race to make the game?) and I think the Bay will do it - especially since they're after some justice after their controversial loss.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 2:10 am

I CAN'T WAIT FOR TONIGHT!! Already getting excited about sitting down with a few jugs and watching the massive Bay forward pack demolish those Cantabs. Now just over 3 hours of work to go then quick bus home get changed then straight to the pub.

Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:26 am

Canterbury won Sad

A pasting really given the squad calibre - 20-3 is a real let down for arguably the Magpie's most promising season...

Just shows though - Canterbury know how to win in the playoffs...
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:34 am

What a disgusting performance from the Magpies

Last edited by chrishbhs on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the dugong
Professional
the dugong

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:35 am

Canterbury were definitely the better side but if he was one of the best refs in nz rugby right now we are in real trouble. He let canterbury run rampant at the breakdown, let them run offside and didn't even know the rulings. When Colin Slade took it dead it should have been a 5 metre scrum not a 22 restart and how can a ball he says is up off the ground be given to the team who took it in for a scrum. Also how was Ti'i Paulo not penalised for playing the ball on the ground when he was claiming the ball was out because he was touching it??? I don't really like the Bay because they always knock Waikato out so you can't claim bias here
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:27 pm

Gutted, we didn't play anywhere near our best. We had opportunities but just failed to cross the try line. 3 semis in a row, and no final. Its tough, whats even tougher is that I blew $200 last night drowning my sorrows. And even tougher than that is the massive hangover I'm battling with now.

Back to top Go down
Jump Yard Dog
Veteran
Jump Yard Dog

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:09 am

Canterbury into the Final!
Hammered Magpies into the coffin!

Wellington might be gone. 3 tries to 1.
Back to top Go down
Jump Yard Dog
Veteran
Jump Yard Dog

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:17 am

All Wellington can do it kick penalties hahahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:55 am

All Wellington can do as kick penalties aye? hahaha. God I hope the Lions smash those Canterbury wankers next week.

Back to top Go down
Jump Yard Dog
Veteran
Jump Yard Dog

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:05 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
All Wellington can do as kick penalties aye? hahaha. God I hope the Lions smash those Canterbury wankers next week.

WTF mate 2nd team you need to cheer for to get into the final lmao. Canterbury looking bloody good. Wellington just have very poor defense. Only wanker here is the one that changes his team to try to keep into the competition race just because their previous team was eliminated.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 12:35 pm

Just wait guys - he'll start talking about 'evidence' again soon...
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 5:42 pm

There is only 2 teams left, and I'd prefer if Wellington won. I am not changing teams and never will. Magpies for life.

I bet when your team wasn't in the NRL final you had a preference who you wanted to win.

Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 1:24 am

He did lol.

Well Done to Canterbury and Wellington for getting this far .

DOn't really care who wins tbh .
Back to top Go down
CM_STEELERS
Professional
CM_STEELERS

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 3:17 am

i was hoping for a southland/hawkes bay final, i think canterbury will get home in this game
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:35 am

Hawkes Bay have almost as bad a hoodoo as Wellington when it comes to playoffs Smile

Should be a cracker of a match - looking forward to it, even if the signs are ominous for another Cantab victory Sad
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:37 am

Oh and it must be said - anyone still thinking Mackintosh should've gone on tour would have shut their traps after he got a working over in the scrums by Perenise - a journeyman prop at best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS   Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air New Zealand Cup: SEMI FINALS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com