Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Empty
PostSubject: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:50 am

I was watching the 41-6 massacre for 2010, and it showed a stat of Jamie Soward that in the last two games, his try assists were down 100% his line-breaks were down 37% and had a few other stats like that.

In Soward's form slump, Dragons also lose their remaining games.

St-Merge don't have a good enough halfback to take them to a premiership and I don't think they will anytime soon, Hornby isn't a strong halfback in anyone's language and Soward is still only a rookie imo, Showed alot of rookie flaws in the back-end of that season. He spend too much time being a ballhog that he develop skills that he can't even pull off 100% of the time, If you can't pull them off 100% of the time don't go for them, There is a time and a place for them and that's if you got one final play to win a match.

Soward is important to the Dragons, Just like Sutton is to Souths, But the difference with Sutton, he can still perform even if his forward pack is getting hammered, The Raiders in-experienced pack totally hit us against the brick wall for most of the match and Sutton in his own was definately the best player on the field.

If St-Merges forward pack is getting hammered, Soward doesn't have the size to take the line on himself and create something.

I point out, Soward has done a job with the Dragons, Has hit good form and is the reason why they did so well for most of the season, But and I quote that with Soward at 6 they will never win a premiership. He is just not a leader Jamie Soward and probably never will be.

Sutton will prove alot of people wrong next year, If Sutton can still perform with a over-dominated forward pack, a pack that wil dominate most of the time in 2010, Sutton will take his game to the next level which will be as good as the best five-eighth in the competition, when the forwards are doing their job, It makes it a hell of alot easier for the halves to be able to control the game.

I finally have a chance to compare the Dragons of 2009 to the Rabbitohs of 2010, and finally prove how much of a myth Jamie Soward is if the Dragons fail in 2010, Because their game revolves too much around Jamie Soward and is it co-incidental that Dragons choked when Jamie Soward choked.

It's a ridiculous game plan by Wayne Bennett, it needs to be changed. Move Hornby to fullback (he is no half) boyd to wing/centre...and given Henry a go...Matthew Head is in-consistent, but he is a halfback and he has the ability like every halfback does to turn a game, also maybe go to him.

If not look at Thurston for 2011.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Administrator
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:52 am

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:55 am

i smell controversy. Bring back the Steelers Smile
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:58 am

I haven't worked out if Soward is starting to become a really good footballer in his own but the Dragons game-plan throws too much pressure on him with no option B in attack. Or The Dragons game plan benefits Soward's game.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:08 am

The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_rolleyes hahahaha sutton
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:05 am

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:11 am

Rolling EyesRolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:14 am

Sorry but i can't help myself.........Dead Set
Back to top Go down
Shanbon
Guru
Shanbon

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:09 am

Simple comparision if you swaped Sutton and Soward in 09 what would have happened? I say Souths would have won more games and dragons would have lost more games..... and i hate Soward.

I do think unless the Dragons make changes to their attack they will struggle next year. They need a creative fullback and body doesnt offer that, there centres are to defensive and lack a creative spark.

I think Morris would create from fullback and would give him a shot there

1.Morris
2.Nightingale
3.Cooper
4.Boyd
5.Salior
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:26 am

Shanbon wrote:
Simple comparision if you swaped Sutton and Soward in 09 what would have happened? I say Souths would have won more games and dragons would have lost more games..... and i hate Soward.

I do think unless the Dragons make changes to their attack they will struggle next year. They need a creative fullback and body doesnt offer that, there centres are to defensive and lack a creative spark.

1.Morris
2.Nightingale
3.Cooper
4.Boyd
5.Salior

The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_eek

Ok shanbon whatever you say
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:33 am

totally agree shanbon.

boyd is a solid full back but isnt that creative. and also having a 2nd rower and arguably the best defensive centre in the game isnt going to promote much attack as we saw this year.

and i agree with the soward part
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:43 am

bahaha this spastic is once again having an attack on the 2009 5/8 of the year. Sutton's the biggest waste of sperm since Warrick Kappa
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:47 am

You remind of good old Dragons hater Phil Rothfield

But you do have some good points. Whenever the Dragons forwards are in a battle with the other team with no team really coming on top, he seems to struggle... eg. Cowboys 24-20 over Dragons, Broncos 10-0 over the Dragons.

Rabbitohs did have 62% possession against the Dragons when you won 41-6, most other teams would of put 60 points on.
Back to top Go down
Manboobs Habib
Rookie
Manboobs Habib

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:56 am

thtr, I asked you this question last week in another thread but I don't think you ever ended up answering it;

Why was Souths pack getting dominated in season 09? As I also stated in last weeks post, on paper, the Bunnies had a pack that top 5 at the very least at the beginning of the year and only got stronger when Crocker was brought in.

Yet they were, in your own words, still dominated. You can rabbit on all you want about how much Sam Burgess and Dave Taylor (oh, and Ben Ross LOL!) are going to change all that but it would seem to me that the problems aren't personnel for Souths. The problem is attitude and years and years of Failure at the club that it has quite often, in recent years, turned decent and promising players bought from elsewhere in to poor players once they get to Redfern.
Back to top Go down
Shanbon
Guru
Shanbon

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 7:03 am

Thtr wrote:
Shanbon wrote:

1.Morris
2.Nightingale
3.Cooper
4.Boyd
5.Salior

The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_eek

Ok shanbon whatever you say

Haha how blind are you, i am not saying Sutton is a poor player but think about it. Souths kicking game is way below average and if they had a guy like Soward giving them such good field postion their forward pack would have dominated more games, on the reverse side if Sutton was kicking for the Dragons they would have struggled in a lot more games.

At the moment Souths positional play and ability to mount pressure is their biggest problem, not quality, or outside backs. They have a half combination that is very individual and doesnt know how to control the team and most importantly the tempo of the game. These are major skills in the best halves and something that even you must admit Sutton doesnt posses just yet.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:12 am

Manboobs Habib wrote:
thtr, I asked you this question last week in another thread but I don't think you ever ended up answering it;

Why was Souths pack getting dominated in season 09? As I also stated in last weeks post, on paper, the Bunnies had a pack that top 5 at the very least at the beginning of the year and only got stronger when Crocker was brought in.

Yet they were, in your own words, still dominated. You can rabbit on all you want about how much Sam Burgess and Dave Taylor (oh, and Ben Ross LOL!) are going to change all that but it would seem to me that the problems aren't personnel for Souths. The problem is attitude and years and years of Failure at the club that it has quite often, in recent years, turned decent and promising players bought from elsewhere in to poor players once they get to Redfern.

I'll answer it for him, the difference will be the coaching. I'm not calling John Lang Wayne Bennett but most people would agree that our squad has the potential to be Top 4 but severely under achieved mostly to the bad coaching of Jason Taylor. I'm sure John Lang has the coaching ability to get the best out of this squad as he's done it plenty of times before.

You mention the failure, which is undeniably bad, but in 2007 the club made its first positive turning point. Russell Crowe was voted owner. This changed things at Souths and mediocrity was no longer accepted. We now do not have to pay overs for players and are starting to attract star players. The signing of Sam Burgess showed everyone how much the club has changed from its losing ways. There were plenty of clubs chasing him and Souths came up with the best offer. We attracted Burgess by showing him a high-class training facility in Redfern, a league-best membership base and team of plenty of young stars in Luke, Pettybourne etc.

All of this would not be achievable without Crowe. Instead we would be offering him double the amount with the poor squad and scrappy facilities at Erskenville Oval. The head office at Souths is changing for the better and the losing days are behind us.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:18 am

Manning18 wrote:
Manboobs Habib wrote:

I'll answer it for him, the difference will be the coaching. I'm not calling John Lang Wayne Bennett but most people would agree that our squad has the potential to be Top 4 but severely under achieved mostly to the bad coaching of Jason Taylor. I'm sure John Lang has the coaching ability to get the best out of this squad as he's done it plenty of times before.

You mention the failure, which is undeniably bad, but in 2007 the club made its first positive turning point. Russell Crowe was voted owner. This changed things at Souths and mediocrity was no longer accepted. We now do not have to pay overs for players and are starting to attract star players. The signing of Sam Burgess showed everyone how much the club has changed from its losing ways. There were plenty of clubs chasing him and Souths came up with the best offer. We attracted Burgess by showing him a high-class training facility in Redfern, a league-best membership base and team of plenty of young stars in Luke, Pettybourne etc.

All of this would not be achievable without Crowe. Instead we would be offering him double the amount with the poor squad and scrappy facilities at Erskenville Oval. The head office at Souths is changing for the better and the losing days are behind us.

perhaps challenge for the top 8 before making too many assumptions
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:24 am

Its a working progress mate, you can't take a team that had got the spoon every year for the last 5 years and turn it into a Top 8 team straight away. The mediocrity was still at the club this year in Taylor. Now he's gone we can start becoming contenders for the 8 and premiership instead of contenders for the spoon.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:34 am

Manboobs Habib wrote:

Souths had the smallest pack in the comp, maybe equal with gold coast.

Luke Stuart, Eddy Pettybourne, Michael Crocker, Roy Asotasi = 100 kg mark

Issac Luke = 84 kg.

Ben Lowe = 96kg etc...

We can have talent, but you need size as well...

Ben Ross = 110kg, Sam Burgess 114kg, and Dave Taylor 120kg. will really help that cause.
Back to top Go down
Shanbon
Guru
Shanbon

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:02 pm

I like Souths but unless they unearth soe reall talent in the halves, someone who can own the team they wont be serious contenders. They could still have a good season but wont threaten a title.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:05 pm

i guess we will just have to see how souths go ay
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:00 am

Shanbon wrote:
I like Souths but unless they unearth soe reall talent in the halves, someone who can own the team they wont be serious contenders. They could still have a good season but wont threaten a title.

We already have unearthed some talent. yes, he may have had a bad year, but which of the top halves these days had great seasons as 20 year olds? Thurston was never great from day one, neither was Prince. We just have to wait and see how his career goes.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:22 pm

Definatley not Walsh and Grahm, they are starting to understand the trade as being the halves for Penrith, with learning where to kick and where to pass. And they also will not have much excuses in 2010 for not injecting themselves in the game. Since our forwards will be a tad better and with no injuries things will go well next year. And I hope Walsh offers more next year then his stupid few bombs and Grahm will need to show something.
Back to top Go down
Shanbon
Guru
Shanbon

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:42 am

Manning18 wrote:
Shanbon wrote:

We already have unearthed some talent. yes, he may have had a bad year, but which of the top halves these days had great seasons as 20 year olds? Thurston was never great from day one, neither was Prince. We just have to wait and see how his career goes.

Sandow is not the Type of halfback you need if your going to play Sutton at 5/8.

Souths need a player who can lead the team around and control the tempo of the game. Sandow is more of a quick reactive type of player. I dont think he will hold his place under Lang. Look at the type of players Lang has prefered to pair in the halves in his career. Atleast 1 is a steading player who directs play and one is skillful and create. Sutton has that position.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:58 am

Well we'll just have to wit and see how Lang will use him won't we?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!   The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dragons are dead-meat for 2010!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com