Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Alex Smith to start for Niners

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Alex Smith to start for Niners Empty
PostSubject: Alex Smith to start for Niners   Alex Smith to start for Niners Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:28 am

Alex Smith is receiving a big chance to resurrect his NFL career. All but forgotten, the former No. 1 overall draft pick is the San Francisco 49ers' new starting quarterback -- again.
"I don't know if I'd say surprised. I don't know if I was anticipating it, either," Smith said Monday after receiving the news from 49ers coach Mike Singletary. "It's the opportunity I've been waiting for -- happy."
Singletary made the announcement after sitting down with Shaun Hill, who was benched after the first half of the 49ers' 24-21 loss to the Houston Texans on Sunday.
Smith, who hadn't played in an NFL regular-season game in nearly two years, came in and gave the 49ers' offense a much-needed jolt of energy and efficiency, and he nearly led the team back from a 21-0 deficit.
Smith completed his first six passes and finished 15 of 22 for 206 yards and three touchdown passes to tight end Vernon Davis. Davis is the first 49er since Terrell Owens in 2001 to have three TD catches in a game.
"As far as will Shaun Hill be back and all this other stuff, we're not going to be a flavor-of-the-month kind of thing where, 'Let's see, this guy will be this week, this guy will be next week,'" Singletary said. "I wanted to make the decision based upon who I feel gives us the best chance to win."

-----------------------------

Do you think this is the best choice by the Niners?

Will the Niners be contenders for the West by finally getting a passing game?
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

Alex Smith to start for Niners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith to start for Niners   Alex Smith to start for Niners Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:34 am

Smith has more to offer the team. A big help for his cause is that Vernon Davis is finally playing as advertised, he's been fantastic this season. Crabtree finally signing on and getting into the mix is handy too.

I can't see Singletary making such a decision on a whim.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt

Alex Smith to start for Niners
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com