Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

George Smith relegated to the bench

Go down 
AuthorMessage
40/20
Professional
40/20

George Smith relegated to the bench Empty
PostSubject: George Smith relegated to the bench   George Smith relegated to the bench Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:36 am

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10605722

Never thought I'd see this. He's been as good for the Wallabies as McCaw has been for the All Blacks. And its not like he's been that far short this year either.

If the Wallabies kick on, Deans will be seen as a genius.

But of they lose to the AB's again and drop a couple more in Europe, what chance Robbie will be looking for a new job next year?
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: George Smith relegated to the bench   George Smith relegated to the bench Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:44 am

Another Fail by Deans. But desperate times call for desperate measures and plenty of people are calling for Pocock to start...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: George Smith relegated to the bench   George Smith relegated to the bench Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:55 am

Pantherus wrote:
Another Fail by Deans. But desperate times call for desperate measures and plenty of people are calling for Pocock to start...

Yes thats true and if Smith had been playing poorly then fair enough.

But I dont think he's been that bad has he? I actually thought he should've picked up the John Eales medal this year.

I dunno what Deans is up to, but with all due respect to our Wallaby fans here, I hope it goes tits up regardless.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: George Smith relegated to the bench   George Smith relegated to the bench Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:58 am

Deans is trying new things i guess, pretty stupid if you ask me we need Smith's leadership on the park especially against a tough outfit. Barnes will play 5/8 and Gits inside which is also a mind boggle if you ask me, its been said they will swap throughout the game but why would you swap our best player from a position he has been quoted as saying is his favourite.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: George Smith relegated to the bench   George Smith relegated to the bench Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:18 pm

I can not wait till Aussie once again lose to the All Blacks then drop a couple of games on the Euro tour then Deans gets cut as coach Very Happy

George Smith along with AAC has been their best players. Dropping him to the bench is ridiculous.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: George Smith relegated to the bench   George Smith relegated to the bench Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:46 am

Beckham wrote:
Deans is trying new things i guess, pretty stupid if you ask me we need Smith's leadership on the park especially against a tough outfit. Barnes will play 5/8 and Gits inside which is also a mind boggle if you ask me, its been said they will swap throughout the game but why would you swap our best player from a position he has been quoted as saying is his favourite.

To be fair - I've said for a long time that Gits is a better 12 than a 10; he's got all the skills but just doesn't have the control of a game, which is why all the claims of him being better than Carter have been such a joke. All he really needs is a capable player to play 10 and he can run much more settled at 12 - there he can play his running game (which is lethal) to greater effect and let someone else play human chess.
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: George Smith relegated to the bench   George Smith relegated to the bench Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:51 pm

barnes is out, injured at training, rolled ankle xrays to be done
gits must get the 10 jersey now. hope he stops his b!tching bout why he hasnt been made coCaptain

i think deans has lost it. through out this triNations and all of last season georgeSmith has been mrConsistent and in a lot of the games was the only forward actually challenging the rucks and mauls. i was a pocock fan before the steroids (c'mon he's gotta be on the juice) but at the expense of smith u have gotta be kidding. smith should get himself an overseas contract, start building himself a nest egg and look after himself

pocock may have the physical strength and speed over smith but smiths got the brains and reflexes and most importantly the respect of his team mates and especially that of his enemies

few aussies go down in history as honoured enemies of the ABs, but amongst names like, campese, lynagh, ella, poidevan, farrJones, gregan, latham, larkham, GeorgeSmith is in there amongst the best

bye bye deans
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: George Smith relegated to the bench   George Smith relegated to the bench Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:09 am

mania wrote:
barnes is out, injured at training, rolled ankle xrays to be done
gits must get the 10 jersey now. hope he stops his b!tching bout why he hasnt been made coCaptain

i think deans has lost it. through out this triNations and all of last season georgeSmith has been mrConsistent and in a lot of the games was the only forward actually challenging the rucks and mauls. i was a pocock fan before the steroids (c'mon he's gotta be on the juice) but at the expense of smith u have gotta be kidding. smith should get himself an overseas contract, start building himself a nest egg and look after himself

pocock may have the physical strength and speed over smith but smiths got the brains and reflexes and most importantly the respect of his team mates and especially that of his enemies

few aussies go down in history as honoured enemies of the ABs, but amongst names like, campese, lynagh, ella, poidevan, farrJones, gregan, latham, larkham, GeorgeSmith is in there amongst the best

bye bye deans

You forgot Eales Smile

But 100% agree with you there mate - desperate times call for desperate measures, but this is just moronic. At the very least he should've put Smith at 8 and dropped Palu.
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: George Smith relegated to the bench   George Smith relegated to the bench Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:06 am

Such a stupid idea! George Smith is there best forward.
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: George Smith relegated to the bench   George Smith relegated to the bench Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 3:11 am

Pantherus wrote:
You forgot Eales George Smith relegated to the bench Icon_smile

But
100% agree with you there mate - desperate times call for desperate
measures, but this is just moronic. At the very least he should've put
Smith at 8 and dropped Palu.

yes cant forget fkn eales, oh the pain he's caused the ABs. Met him to in town after he stole the bledisloe off us with that last minute penalty at the cakeTin. seemed a real good guy, despite the big grin at our expense

definately woulda dropped palu before dropping gSmith
Back to top Go down
CM_STEELERS
Professional
CM_STEELERS

PostSubject: Re: George Smith relegated to the bench   George Smith relegated to the bench Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 3:27 am

elsom/pocock/smith is what i think is the best australian forward combo

pocock looks the goods but there is no way you can put a guy who has played over 100 tests on the bench
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: George Smith relegated to the bench   George Smith relegated to the bench Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

George Smith relegated to the bench
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com