Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

How long left for Dingo Deans?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

How long left for Dingo Deans? Empty
PostSubject: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:46 am

Is it time the Wallabies started looking for a new coach? Was Deans made to look like a good coach from the players he had to work with in Canterbury and the Crusaders?

His Wallabies record is abmissmal, only winning 1 from 8 games against the All Blacks, and this year he lost 4!! If it was the other way round, and Henry and the ABs had lost 7 of 8 games, no doubt Henry would be gone.

I think if Deans and his Wallabies don't achieve the Grand Slam on their end of year tour, Deans will get the cut.

Thoughts?

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:58 am

new coach, new players new everything is needed for Australia
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:42 am

I think that they might go down this week to England, Johnny back in the team will be a big factor and I think he will give Giteau a bit of a lesson
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:02 am

I reckon he needs at least 3 out of 4 to keep his paymasters happy. And they need to be convincing wins too. If they limp thru this tour with a couple of losses and overall poor performances he'll be in trouble I think.

They look like they've gone backwards from last year and they can't even blame losing players for the slide.

Nor does it help that he seems to have a divided squad at the moment. If O'neill doesn't cut him, the players may do it themselves.

Player power seems to hold a lot of sway across the ditch, as David Nucifora discovered a few years ago
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:30 am

Definitely agree with you there 40/20. They said it clearly at the start of this year that the honeymoon period is over for him. He was excused last year due to being a new coach in the field and all that jazz, but no such leeway this year and they did even worse!

Of course the question must be asked...who else is there?
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Ruggerhead
Veteran
Ruggerhead

PostSubject: Re: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:06 am

Maybe Mckenzie might step up but I doubt they will change anything now before the world cup. He seems to be in a rebuilding phase which is a good thing I still expect a top 4 finish at the world cup for Australia with this current squad.

But if they do happen to lose more than 1 game on this northern tour then they might change there mind, I do think they will lose to the Poms but they should win the rest of there games.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:26 am

The trouble with the squad isn't the skillset, it's the mindset.

Their senior players are dropping like flies (Mortlock and Smith case in point), their 10 has all the skills but none of the control, and all the young-guys are frogs in headlights when the pressure comes on
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:40 am

Wonder if Jon Eales has ever considered coaching? He was an awesome leader, sure he'd make a great coach too.

Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:53 am

Interesting Comments about his Success in S14's I was gonna say i thought he was the Gun Coach meaning the Wallabies Suck so much its hard to fathom . But now i'm not sure but i do know most of the Wallabies wouldn't be playing Elite Sport in any Sport if they weren't Union Players Some of them Lack Courage (which is unforgivable) not to mention Couldn't catch a cold .

P.S. Does that make any sense whatsoever
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:02 am

Its up to the coach to get his team motivated to get up for a game.

Robbie did have great success with the Crusaders but I really think its due to the quality players he had to work with. A relatively inexperienced coach, Todd Blackadder, coached the Crusaders to the semi finals in 2009 even though they were missing Dan Carter.

Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:08 am

A big thing with the Crusaders is that it wasn't just the on-the-spot coaching that pushed them along - they work on long-held values and systems (ensconsed by Wayne Smith no less...) that have moulded them into the dynasty they are now.

Frankly I think a monkey could coach the team and they'd still do well - so long as they didn't try to change the core values and systems.
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:24 am

Well the jury has spoken Sack the Lot
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:34 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Its up to the coach to get his team motivated to get up for a game.

Robbie did have great success with the Crusaders but I really think its due to the quality players he had to work with. A relatively inexperienced coach, Todd Blackadder, coached the Crusaders to the semi finals in 2009 even though they were missing Dan Carter.

Good point Hendo. His tenure at the Crusaders coincided with the arrival of the best five eigth and openside flanker our country has ever produced.

When you have the two most important positions on the pitched filled by arguably the two best players in the world in those positions, it would be hard not to achieve some kind of success.

I wouldnt try and belittle the stack of S14 titles he picked up but when he gets lauded as this great super coach, I think some people forget that moving from S14 to test level is no different for coaches as it is for players. Its a different standard altogether and success at one level doesnt necessarily guarantee success at the next.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 7:42 am

End of Deans surely. A draw against Ireland and a loss (first in 27 years) against Scotland surely isn't good enough.

Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 7:50 am

Still better than Eddie Jones and they wouldn't sack him so they'll just keep going the same way losing most games with the occasional upset where they will all pat themselves on the back then loss the next game.
I think it's time for some old hard nut like Ray Price who treats them like their personal safety is irrelevent compared to the result.
Back to top Go down
CM_STEELERS
Professional
CM_STEELERS

PostSubject: Re: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 1:16 pm

its 50/50 i reckon

i dont think the players are performing to there best, there team is still young so i definitely think they will improve in 2010. i hope he doesnt get sacked for dropping smith, pocock is a star, only time will tell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long left for Dingo Deans?   How long left for Dingo Deans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How long left for Dingo Deans?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com