Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales

Go down 

Winner and Margin
Wales 13+
All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Vote_lcap0%All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Wales 1-12
All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Vote_lcap0%All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Draw
 0% [ 0 ]
All Blacks 1-12
All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Vote_lcap50%All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
All Blacks 13+
All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Vote_lcap50%All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Empty
PostSubject: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:59 am

The All Blacks will meet Wales in Cardiff, and it means an early start for us here in NZ. Kick Off is 6:15am on Sunday Morning, which clashes with the Kiwis V Poms league test which kicks off at 7:00 All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_mad

On the brightside seen the game doesn't start till 6:15am, I maybe able to squeeze in a couple of hours sleep. This wont be the case for the Italy and England games which start at 3:00 and 3:30....

Anyway enough of me whinging about the kick off times...Lets focus on the game.

So Wales haven't beaten the All Blacks in like 56 years, but coach Gatland has come out saying the ABs have lost their 'aura'. I reckon he's just trying to talk us down so his boys beleive we are beatable (as a good coach should)...

WALES
15. James Hook, 14. Leigh Halfpenny, 13. Tom Shanklin, 12. Jamie Roberts, 11. Shane Williams, 10. Stephen Jones, 9. Gareth Cooper, 8. Ryan Jones (captain), 7. Martyn Williams, 6. Andy Powell, 5. Luke Charteris, 4. Alun Wyn Jones, 3. Paul James, 2. Matthew Rees, 1. Gethin Jenkins. Reserves: Huw Bennett, Duncan Jones, Bradley Davies, Dafydd Jones, Martin Roberts, Jonathan Davies, Tom James.

NEW ZEALAND
15. Mils Muliaina, 14. Cory Jane, 13. Conrad Smith, 12. Ma'a Nonu, 11. Zac Guildford, 10. Dan Carter, 9. Brendon Leonard; 8. Kieran Read, 7. Richie McCaw (captain), 6. Jerome Kaino, 5. Jason Eaton, 4. Brad Thorn, 3. Neemia Tialata, 2. Andrew Hore, 1. Wyatt Crockett. Reserves: Corey Flynn, Owen Franks, Tom Donnelly, Adam Thomson, Jimmy Cowan, Stephen Donald, Ben Smith.

The Wales forward pack is very strong especially that beast Gethin Jenkins. The backline is also great especially the center pairing of Shanklin and Roberts, and ofcourse Shane Williams on the wing (who I think is hugely overrated) I think we can look forward to a great game of rugby. I reckon the All Blacks will make Wales suffer thier 57th year without beating the All Blacks and win it in a close one.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"

Last edited by Hendo Maroon on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:33 am

have another one wales.... all blacks 13 plus. wales don't even have their only real game breaker in lee byrne playing.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:10 am

Yeah I'm picking ABs 13+ as well.

There'll be a couple of changes of Crockett and Guildford coming in due to Woodcock and Sivivatu out, and possibly Boric and Read coming into the pack as well - all 4 will be bursting out of their skin to perform which will give a great nudge to the team. The midfield battle between Nonu/Smith and Roberts/Shanklin looks to be an absolute cracker. The ABs will be out to prove a point and have likely ear-marked this match to be the hardest of the tour (while France is the ultimate Grudge Match, Italy the '2nd XV' game where they rotate the most players and the likes of space fillers like Andy Ellis get some game time, and England is...well...England Smile
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:18 am

This should be a great game I think. Wales will give a it a real go but the ABs will come away with the win id think. Just too strong all over the park imo. Plus, if Carters declared fit thats a huge boost. Ever since he returned from injury the ABs have gone up another level imo
All Blacks by 8 i think, hope the Welsh can cause a huge upset though Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:47 pm

Six changes announced in the team to face Wales, including Guildford to debut.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10607364

While that was always on the cards after Sivivatu's brain explosion, I'm a little suprised that Cowan, Donnelly & Thomson have also been replaced... thought they all had solid games last weekend. Donnelly especially did a great job running the lineout.

Still not entirely convinced about Guildford as a test player but I guess throwing him in the deep end is one way to find out. Hope he at least pulls his socks up for this game
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:07 pm

Stoked for Zac! Cant wait to see him score his mandatory try Very Happy

I agree with you 40/20, I definitely wouldn't have subbed Cowan to the bench for Leonard. And both Donnelly and Thomson I thought were impressive enough to keep their starting positions.

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:25 pm

Yea Donnelly should only have lost his position to Boric. And Leonard has been so shit this year, would almost rather have Andy Ellis play than him
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:05 am

Thing you have to remember is that they're giving those guys a chance to prove their worth as it were. There's no point going on a full tour and keeping essentially the same team week after week.

I imagine Cowan will start in the England and France tests again, and sit out Italy completely while Leonard and Ellis fight it out to sit behind him.

Similarly with the other subbed positions (non-enforced ones obviously).
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:03 am

Have put $10 on my main man Zac for first try scorer. He's only paying $9 but its almost a given Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:53 pm

Was pretty impressed by the performance. Shame we couldn't put a couple more tries on the board, especially considering we had 3 disallowed. Zac had a very good debut I thought, didn't just sit on his wing and got involved in the match not to mention saving us the game (well drawing it). I hope he gets a start next week against Italy.

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:06 pm

Yea score wasn't really a fair reflection of the game. Wales were dominated in that second half and were lucky to hang in there thanks to a lack ofvideo evidence in several occasions
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:07 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Have put $10 on my main man Zac for first try scorer. He's only paying $9 but its almost a given Very Happy

how much was Hore paying?
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:53 am

From what i saw i thought it was a pretty scrappy game but i did only see the first 10 minutes and bits of play when i turned back during the Arsenal game lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:38 am

philly wrote:
Hendo Maroon wrote:

don't know mate guessing atleast $25.

Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:42 am

Carters high shot was a penalty every day of the week, wouldnt have changed the result however.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:44 am

guildford had an awesome game!
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:52 am

Beckham wrote:
Carters high shot was a penalty every day of the week, wouldnt have changed the result however.
everyday except that day...
might of changed it....would have been a 4 point game with 10 min left
Back to top Go down
the dugong
Professional
the dugong

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:28 am

philly wrote:
Hendo Maroon wrote:
Have put $10 on my main man Zac for first try scorer. He's only paying $9 but its almost a given All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_biggrin

pretty sure he was $30 i had both him an Genia for the tokyo test but didnt put any on them this week
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:36 am

gutted.
that would have made abit of money this week
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:00 pm

There was nothing in Carter's shot - Roberts slid down while Carter's arm slid too high. Most refs would've penalised it though...oh well - Carter was likely to be rested next week anyway.

Leonard was sh!thouse and I thought Read did a whole lot of nothing. Guildford was very impressive and Cory Jane maintained his great workrate. Mils was safe at the back but really seems to have lost some of the punch he used to have.

Can't take away from Wales though, they were hungry and passionate and, except for around the 3rd quarter when they were clearly tiring, the played the whole game.

Thought it was a great game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales   All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Blacks End of Year Tour: Game 2 - V Wales
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com