Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Roy Williams 'not on the same page' as Romo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Roy Williams 'not on the same page' as Romo Empty
PostSubject: Roy Williams 'not on the same page' as Romo   Roy Williams 'not on the same page' as Romo Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:32 am

The player who cost the Cowboys three draft picks and a $45 million contract extension has offered the same refrain for weeks now. He's frustrated. He can't get on the same page with quarterback Tony Romo and doesn't know why. He's much happier simply winning in sunny Dallas than he was losing in snowy Detroit.
Williams skipped to a slightly different tune this week by saying he still considers himself the Cowboys' No. 1 receiver despite mounting evidence to the contrary. He said "things are just going No. 2's way," referring to Miles Austin.
The less-celebrated Austin has more yards and touchdowns in the past three games than Williams has in his first 16 with the Cowboys. Austin set an NFL record with 482 yards in his first three starts, and Williams has 447 yards for the equivalent of a full season in Dallas.
Williams found himself backpedaling Thursday, one day after suggesting that Romo's throws are accurate to Austin and all over the place to him.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips made a similar observation Monday, but the reaction to Williams saying it raised the specter of Terrell Owens. Dallas dumped Owens and his demanding demeanor during the offseason after widespread reports of locker-room disharmony last year.
"I didn't complain that I didn't get the ball," Williams said. "All I said was that, when it comes to me, it's not there. I'm not saying it can't be fixed, because that's what we do every day.
"I'm not a T.O., or I'm not trying to be a T.O."

------------------------------------------

Are Romo's passes bad, or is Williams just not a number one receiver?

IMO, if Williams really is a no.1 WR, he should be catching the passes that have come to him. They were all catchable for top receivers.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Roy Williams 'not on the same page' as Romo   Roy Williams 'not on the same page' as Romo Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:25 am

he not the number 1 anymore...miles austin just seems to be making the plays
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Roy Williams 'not on the same page' as Romo   Roy Williams 'not on the same page' as Romo Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:16 am

They obviously don't have a great rapport. Roy Williams proved in Detroit, prior to Megatron's arrival, that he can be a #1 receiver. Dallas should have him knuckle down with Romo, especially in the next pre-season, to get things sorted. Lining up Williams and Austin with Crayton in the slot could be a lethal combo, especially with Witten in the mix.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy Williams 'not on the same page' as Romo   Roy Williams 'not on the same page' as Romo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roy Williams 'not on the same page' as Romo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com