Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Who can make it in the NFL?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DB
Guru
DB

Who can make it in the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:27 am

i was thinking the other day what australians could make it in the NFL....

we all know that we have a few afl guys over there but do you think any league or union players could make it?

willie mason had a much around with the giants a few years ago and it just makes you think that a few players would be able to rip it up if they knew enough about the game...

so who do you think would make it in the NFL... and what position would they play.

ill start it off by saying inglis could be a mad TE
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:33 am

Fuifui Moimoi would be a awesome FB/RB

i would love Inglis to be a TE or WR in the NFL he would go well
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:35 am

yeah fui would be a good FB.

i think inglis is too bulky to be a WR atm... but as a TE he would have the size to block and also have the hands to catch.
Back to top Go down
neil21
Guru
neil21

PostSubject: Re: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:37 am

Im not a huge NFL fan. I knw the game and stuff but I dont knwo positions, apart from quarterback and kicker
Thats not the point

Would Lance Franklin be a chance, the first AFL player not to be a kicker??
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:39 am

i dunno about lance franklin.... i couldnt see him being anything more than a kicker...

from what ive seen from him he doesnt have enough pace to be a WR. and i doubt he would be a good hitter since he comes from AFL (no offence). so other than a kicker i cant see him being a NFL player
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:53 am

dave taylor at tight end
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:51 am

neil21 wrote:
Im not a huge NFL fan. I knw the game and stuff but I dont knwo positions, apart from quarterback and kicker
Thats not the point

Would Lance Franklin be a chance, the first AFL player not to be a kicker??

None whatsoever.

I do think someone like Fevola could be a Punter. But apart from that, I don't see anyone in the AFL or NRL that suits the NFL to be perfectly honest.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:49 am

willyhbhs wrote:
dave taylor at tight end

taylor doesnt have the ball skills to be a TE... id have him as FB
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:52 am

Some of the tries i've seen Michael Jennings score have looked like a runningbacks run, but he probably needs to bulk up a bit.

In the NFL, players most of the time only need one or two skills to perfect and they are good. A WR only needs to be fast, have good hands and a mixture of agility and a leap. The players we have in the NRL train for a whole bunch of skills like tackling, strength, agility etc.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:56 am

jennings actually reminds me of reggie bush a bit Razz

we have to remember that they wear a shit load of padding and that makes them look a lot bigger than they actually are
Back to top Go down
MichaelJennings
Rookie
MichaelJennings

PostSubject: Re: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 10:32 am

Michael Jennings would be a good running back, impossible to tackle, with his pace of the mark, few would be able to get him before the first down mark. He would be an exceptional kick/punt returner as well
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 am

he would be a good returner...not too sure about being a RB
Back to top Go down
MichaelJennings
Rookie
MichaelJennings

PostSubject: Re: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:08 am

only problem is he's too small and doesn't have enough power
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:31 am

Jennings for running back FTW.

He is not too quite big enough though :S
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:42 am

Me as running back Razz
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:30 pm

MichaelJennings wrote:
only problem is he's too small and doesn't have enough power
Darren Sproles and Ray Rice dispel that garbage. You'd just need to pair him up with a durable power-back, he wouldn't be able to manage 16 games/year as a feature back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who can make it in the NFL?   Who can make it in the NFL? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who can make it in the NFL?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com