Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

What to do with Zac Guildford?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What to do with Zac?
Starting Spot over Jane
What to do with Zac Guildford? Vote_lcap0%What to do with Zac Guildford? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Starting Spot over Sivivatu
What to do with Zac Guildford? Vote_lcap71%What to do with Zac Guildford? Vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
Bench Spot
What to do with Zac Guildford? Vote_lcap14%What to do with Zac Guildford? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Not in the 22
What to do with Zac Guildford? Vote_lcap14%What to do with Zac Guildford? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

What to do with Zac Guildford? Empty
PostSubject: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:06 am

Zac Guildford debut game was this morning against Wales and it was a very impressive performance. That leaves the coaching staff with the decision of what to do next? Should Guildford get a starting spot, if so instead of who? Should he be back to the bench? or is he not versatile enough for a bench position?

What to do with Zac Guildford? Zac_300x20048637

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:09 am

Sivi had a 'dumb' game in his last match against the Wallabies, and hasn't been in greatest form this season for the All Blacks.

I would give Zac another chance against Italy next week instead of Sivi, then if he has another great game, give him the start in the English game

Another option not mentioned could be to sit out Mils, and give Jane a run at FB, with Sivi, Zac or Ben Smith covering the wings.

Back to top Go down
pedwintheking
Guru
pedwintheking

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:39 am

I think this will be the team to take on Italy.

1. Crockett
2. Flynn
3. Franks
4. Boric
5. Donnelly
6. Thompson
7. Latimer
8. So'oialo (c)
9. Ellis
10. Donald
11. Guildford
12. McAlister/Ellison
13. Ellison/Smith
14. Smith
15. Jane

16. Hore
17. Afoa
18. Eaton
19. Messam
20. Leonard
21. Delaney
22. Sivivatu
Back to top Go down
http://www.bringvictory.com
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:44 am

he is better than sivi but we all know uncle ted has his favourites and will recall sivi straight away.

Although I think Smith will get the start against Italy and probably Guildford as well as I think the "three wise men" picked the starting lineups for each game before they went away and only change them in case of injury/suspension.
Back to top Go down
CM_STEELERS
Professional
CM_STEELERS

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:08 pm

pedwintheking wrote:
I think this will be the team to take on Italy.

1. Crockett
2. Flynn
3. Franks
4. Boric
5. Donnelly
6. Thompson
7. Latimer
8. So'oialo (c)
9. Ellis
10. Donald
11. Guildford
12. McAlister
/Ellison
13. Ellison/Smith
14. Smith
15. Jane

16. Hore
17. Afoa
18. Eaton
19. Messam
20. Leonard
21. Delaney
22. Sivivatu

i think that backline will be spot on, i hope jane gets a run at fb and want to see more of this ben smith as well
Back to top Go down
Ruggerhead
Veteran
Ruggerhead

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 10:24 pm

I reckon this will be the game all the seconds get a run so my lineup would be something like this

1. Crockett
2. Flynn
3. Franks
4. Boric
5. Eaton
6. Messam
7. Latimer
8. So'oialo
9. Ellis
10. Delaney
11. Guildford
12. McAllister
13. Ellison
14. Smith
15. Jane
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 10:29 pm

Who would you give captain to? Rodney?

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:49 am

Dunno if they will go with a team that young, may need a few more experienced players in there. Saw an article saying Read may be in line to captain them
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:51 am

Surely they wont give Read captaincy, he would be easily the least deserving All Black captain in history.

Back to top Go down
Mikeyboy
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:54 am

AAAHHHHHHHH ! Zac Guildford the future of the game, I would give him as many starts as possible, a very immpressive debut for a 20 yr old !!
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:57 am

It would mainly be grooming him for once Richie has moved on. I think the best choice would be Conrad
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:09 am

I reckon Conrad would be an awesome captain - I actually really think Cooper should think hard about Rodney being Canes captain again - he needs to just focus on his game if he wants to stay in the ABs and TBF Conrad seems to talk and organise a lot more than Rodney these days.

Read as Captain = FAIL

As for Guildford, it's ironic that he signs with Canterbury due to limited opportunities with the Canes, yet after his AB performance and the combined failure of Gear and David Smith on Saturday night he would be guaranteed a regular starting berth all season...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:30 am

enough with all the read slagging, have another one boys, he is th real deal. easily the best 8, and in the top 3 loose forwards in the country regardless of position along with richie and thompson.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:52 am

Read is a c0ck. He is sh!t on the field and is an arrogant twat to boot. I loved when the commentators claimed he was playing well (BS - he was invisible as usual except when he mimicked his bum-buddy Ross and was floating out on the wing) when he took the lineout cleanly then threw it at the ground miles away from where Leonard was standing.
Back to top Go down
Ruggerhead
Veteran
Ruggerhead

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:37 pm

yeah i would give rodney the captaincy and would have no problems with a young line up against Italy.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:42 am

Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:11 am

Yeah read that - awesome! Smile

Also Ellison and Smith set to make their debuts.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:13 am

Looking forward to seeing the game now, love watching guys make their debut, just got to decide which winger to slap $5 on for first try Smith or Guildford? hmmmm

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:07 am

Put it on Cory Jane, he will be class at fullback
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:10 pm

This is going to sound really harsh on Zac (and I really do rate him as a player), but unless his reasons for going to Canterbury were that he preferred the environment or something like that, then he was just a cry-baby about it because he didn't get picked ahead of Gear and Smith who were frankly out-performing him at the time. Obviously now he's leapfrogged them both handily but it was very different back then. So he ran to the Crusaders cause they lost all their wings or something - ironically now he'd be almost guaranteed a starting spot in the Canes but it's too late...
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:26 pm

you cant blame the guy for wanting a starting spot. So many players do it, Alby Mathewson is another. If you cant get a starting spot at one franchise then move to another so you can. I'd hardly call it being a cry-baby

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:57 pm

He was never paying worse than David Smith, at least even when he wasnt is as good form attacking as he is now he could be relied on to actually tackle. David Smith can't. He is quite possibly the worst tackler in NZ rugby but Colin Cooper still wanted that rubbish in his starting lineup, so I would say Cooper is to blame for this
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:07 pm

Alby's situation is very different - he's behind an established All Black and was basically never going to oust him. In Zac's case he just had to up his game (like he has done quite admirably this year) and he'd be there - instead he went off to where he'd get the spot due to lack of competition...

And IMO David Smith was playing some incredible Rugby at the start of this year and, when Zac did get on the field he just didn't do enough to demand a start. Although I do agree that Cooper is a muppet with some of his selections - least this is his last season and we should HOPEFULLY get Peter Russell sorting them out in 2011.

Like I said - I rate the guy as a player, I just think he took the easy option in this case.
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:42 pm

Maybe some incredible attacking rugby, but he left in more than he created. Peter Russel is unlikely to be any better, he definitely isn't the reason for the Magpies success. He is in charge of the backs, who are pretty mediocre in comparison with the forward pack
Back to top Go down
Rego
Professional
Rego

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:45 pm

Meh this whole moving loan sh1t is crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with Zac Guildford?   What to do with Zac Guildford? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do with Zac Guildford?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com