Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ItsOnlyMeOk
Rookie

Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Empty
PostSubject: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:33 am

Wendell Sailor has announced his retirement from rugby league with immediate effect.The St George Illawarra former dual international winger confirmed his decision at a media conference this morning.

More to come.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:35 am

well that sux but only for my NRLMG team.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
ItsOnlyMeOk
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:36 am

his last game will be the all stars game
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:49 am

NOOOOOOOOO BIG DELL!!!!!!!! damn i really wanted him to play on. Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:34 am

Real shame that the game is losing a character like Wendell but I'm sure we'll still see alot of him next year.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:35 am

Wendell will be on the footy show every week we'll see too much of him I reckon.

Back to top Go down
Ashes
Guru
Ashes

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:38 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Wendell will be on the footy show every week we'll see too much of him I reckon.

well as a now permanent replacement to Matty Johns I don't think they could have picked a better person. However I do think they should only have him on 3 out of 4 shows.

I'm really hoping Matty goes back to the roast the show went down a big notch without him.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:39 am

I don't like too much Dell, would definitely prefer Matty. Although seeing Dell as the black reg reagen could be a laugh.

Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:48 am

Great Career...too bad for him but the saints can bring nightingale and others up Smile
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:52 am

Great Career...filled with code switching and Cocaine.

Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:56 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Great Career...filled with code switching and Cocaine.

you really dont like him do you :p
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:59 am

I like him, I just think he gets a lot more praise then he deserves, he was a great player and has a great personality. But his code switching pisses me off, and the fact that he rubbished both codes when playing in the other one. And drugs are bad.

Back to top Go down
CM_STEELERS
Professional
CM_STEELERS

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:10 am

maybe hes going to make a move to the tigers and team up with tuqiri?

he was good in his prime, i think its a good call for him to hang up his boots, now nightingale will get a start

i wonder if the dragons will now sign kalifa fai fai loa, he had a good year and finished off some good stuff for the dragons nyc team
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:14 am

pity to see him go without the premiership....

but it allows nightingale to play again which is freaking awesome!!!! i rate that kid and think he will be more damaging in attack than the big dell...

but it is a big loss Sad
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:10 am

on ya dell!

we are gona be seeing the del alot still next yr haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
evinkays bruh
Professional
evinkays bruh

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:30 am

BIG LOSS D:
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:43 am

Didn't like him as a player, but he'll be great for the Footy Show. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
esodays brah
Guru
esodays brah

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:53 am

im gonna miss the wendell chant that echos around kogarah and that little doll Sad
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:59 am

He had 1 more in him , Bennett is evil.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:02 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
I like him, I just think he gets a lot more praise then he deserves, he was a great player and has a great personality. But his code switching pisses me off, and the fact that he rubbished both codes when playing in the other one. And drugs are bad.

mmmKay... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:05 am

Wonder If The Footy Show Drug Test, If not "Happy Days" For The Dell.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:25 am

Ahh I like watching Dell on the Footy Show then on the field Very Happy
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:25 am

Well i honestly thought he was going to go one more season. Oh, well not a big loss to the dragons IMO
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:28 am

I saw Dell in his last game of NRL then Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:45 am

I reckon he had another season in him but nevertheless we will still get to see him around on the footy show.

Here are some of his achievements in his time in the NRL:
222 NRL matches - 127 tries, 1 goal, 510 points
189 games for Brisbane - 110 tries, 1 goal, 442 points
33 games for St George Illawarra - 17 tries, 68 points

Debut: Brisbane v Gold Coast at QE@ Stadium (round 12, 1993)
Played a total of 24 finals matches
Played in Brisbane's winning grand final teams in 1997, 1998 and 2000 (scored a try in the 1998 and 2000 Grand Finals)
Scored four tries for Brisbane v St George Illawarra in 2001 Elimination Final (Brisbane won 44-28)
Sailor's 110 tries for Brisbane is fourth most by a Bronco (behind Renouf, Hancock and Lockyer)

14 State of Origin matches for Queensland - 1 try
Debut: Game 1, 1996
Played in five series: winning two (1998 & 2001), losing two (1996 & 2000) and drawing one (1999)
Last match: Game 3, 2001

16 Test & World Cup matches for Australia - 17 tries (also played five Super League Tests in 1997, scoring four tries)
In 2000, Sailor scored 14 tries in seven Tests.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league   Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wendell Sailor announces his retirement from rugby league
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com