Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Empty
PostSubject: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:42 am

Ireland v Australia
Croke Park, Dublin
Sunday 15th November 2009. Kickoff 3pm GMT (1am AEST/2am AEDT)

This should be a very good game in Dublin, the toughest test of the tour for the Wallabies you'd think and the most possible slip-up on the way to winning the Grand Slam. Ireland will be out to make it a very uncomfortable experience for the Aussies, they have a lot of class in that backline with the likes of Kearney at FB, O'Driscoll and O'Gara and the mongrel of the forwards with O'Callaghan and O'Connel in the 2nd row. I think the Wallabies will have to step it up a few levels after their performance against a weakened English team last week to get the win. The Wallabies have made one change to their starting line up with G.Smith dropping to the bench again for Pocock to start the game.
My Tip: Australia 1-12

Squads -

Ireland: R Kearney (Leinster); T Bowe (Ospreys), B O'Driscoll (Leinster, capt), P Wallace (Ulster), L Fitzgerald (Leinster); R O'Gara (Munster), T O'Leary (Munster); C Healy (Leinster), J Flannery (Munster), J Hayes (Munster); D O'Callaghan (Munster), P O'Connell (Munster); S Ferris (Ulster), D Wallace (Munster), J Heaslip (Leinster).
Replacements: S Cronin (Connacht), T Court (Ulster), L Cullen (Leinster), D Leamy (Munster), E Reddan (Leinster), J Sexton (Leinster), K Earls (Munster).

Australia: A Ashley-Cooper, P Hynes, D Ioane, Q Cooper, D Mitchell, M Giteau, W Genia; B Robinson, S Moore, B Alexander, J Horwill, M Chisholm, R Elsom (capt), D Pocock, W Palu.
Replacements: T Polota Nau, M Dunning, D Mumm, G Smith, L Burgess, R Cross, J O'Connor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:53 am

Ioane and Cooper are in for a big game. I think O'Driscoll will test them out big time.

I just think Ireland with the home ground advantage will be a little too good and get up in a tight one. Ire by 6.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:16 pm

Ireland by 10.

O'Gara's kicking to be too good and O'Driscoll to run all over the Aussie centres...will be the test for them
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:04 am

This match hasn't received too much attention back here in Australia, all the focus seemed to be on the Four Nations this week. But it's a massive match, it's going to be a huge test for a fairly young and inexperienced Wallabies side. I'm not confident at all, but I never tip against the Aussies so I'll say the Wallabies to win by three points.

Professional
CM_STEELERS

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:36 am

hahahahaha no grand slam title, 20 all lol

brian o driscoll is the man, how hes been so good over the years in an average backline is beyond me. imagine him playing for england/nz/aus or something, would easily be the best centre of all time
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:54 am

Oh well we can still do the slam undefeated which is an achievment in itself.. A few calls were very harsh during the game and we really should have won in the end. Also would have helped if Gits had his kicking boots on. In the end a draw against Ireland is a respectable result but really should have been celebrating a victory.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:58 am

A draw? that just feels so empty though.

And Steelers, Ireland have a pretty decent backline, much better than Englands current one.

Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:01 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
A draw? that just feels so empty though.

And Steelers, Ireland have a pretty decent backline, much better than Englands current one.

Agree with that. Ireland are a great team. Pretty sure they are on a run of 7 matches in a row without defeat and with the draw against the Aussies move to 3rd in the rankings taking our place.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
CM_STEELERS
Professional
CM_STEELERS

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:05 am

yeah but now hes at the end of his career, his team for about 5 years at least werent that great to be honest

i meant englands world cup team, if he was there he could have been one of the best centres of all time i reckon, got mad respect for him ay
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:06 am

They were 4th to start with mate, Aussie are 3rd behind South Africa and All Blacks. Only major change to the rankings after this weekends games is Wales moved from 8th to 7th knocking England down a spot.

Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:07 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
They were 4th to start with mate, Aussie are 3rd behind South Africa and All Blacks. Only major change to the rankings after this weekends games is Wales moved from 8th to 7th knocking England down a spot.

I said 3rd. Just heard on foxsportsnews they moved up so possibly waiting to take effect?

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:09 am

CM_STEELERS wrote:
yeah but now hes at the end of his career, his team for about 5 years at least werent that great to be honest

i meant englands world cup team, if he was there he could have been one of the best centres of all time i reckon, got mad respect for him ay

I and many others already regard him as one of the best centers of all time. Ireland have been a strong team for a good few years now, have just stumbled at WC (much like the ABs) I think going into the WC in '07 they were 4th favourite to win it (behind Springboks, France and All Blacks)

Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:10 am

Beckham wrote:
Hendo Maroon wrote:

I said 3rd. Just heard on foxsportsnews they moved up so possibly waiting to take effect?

Well that seems stupid? how can a draw make them move above?

Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:12 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Beckham wrote:
Hendo Maroon wrote:

Well that seems stupid? how can a draw make them move above?

Thats what i was wondering.. Maybe if you draw with a team ranked above you the lower team receives more ranking points? Thats the only way i see it.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:14 am

I read an article on the IRB site that said Ireland had to beat Aussie by 15 points to pass them in the rankings.

Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:18 am

Its possible that FSN stuffed up aswell haha which is what im starting to think.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
CM_STEELERS
Professional
CM_STEELERS

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:20 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
CM_STEELERS wrote:

I and many others already regard him as one of the best centers of all time. Ireland have been a strong team for a good few years now, have just stumbled at WC (much like the ABs) I think going into the WC in '07 they were 4th favourite to win it (behind Springboks, France and All Blacks)

maybe so but i think you know what i meant by if he was in a better team most people would regard him as one of the best centres
Back to top Go down
the dugong
Professional
the dugong

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:10 am

If he had played for england he would be knighted when he retires i think. One of my all time favourite players but im glad he plays for ireland as they are my second favourite team after the all blacks
Back to top Go down
the dugong
Professional
the dugong

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:19 am

The play at the end of the game is being heralded as an amazing backline move. From my point of view it looked pretty stock standard to me with just a horrible read my aus second five was that quade cooper or had he been subbed
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:45 pm

O'Driscoll is the best of the best
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:14 pm

That man BoD again!
Didnt get to see the match coz I was up early this morning but I saw the highlights...didnt seem to be a decent game but Aus really shoulda won it imo
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia   Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wallabies Grand Slam Tour 2009 Game 2 - Ireland vs Australia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
How to make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com