Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

 

 2010 QLD Reds Backline

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

Posts : 10505
Location : Nth Queensland

2010 QLD Reds Backline Empty
PostSubject: 2010 QLD Reds Backline   2010 QLD Reds Backline Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:58 am

Well with the retirement of Mark McLinden earlier in the week, who will take his spot at Fullback next season? What position should Will Chambers play?

Here's the backline I'd like to see in 2010.

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Chambers
12. Turinui
13. Ioane
14. Va'aulu
15. Hynes

I reckon Chambers should start on the wing and when he's ready eventually move him into inside / outside centre. Genia / Cooper will obviously be the key for us in 2010, the big question is, will they crack under pressure?

_________________
2010 QLD Reds Backline Sig2b
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

Posts : 8425

2010 QLD Reds Backline Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 QLD Reds Backline   2010 QLD Reds Backline Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:22 am

Weak .
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Moderator
Hendo Maroon

Posts : 12596
Age : 33
Location : DOG Squad

2010 QLD Reds Backline Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 QLD Reds Backline   2010 QLD Reds Backline Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:53 am

Weak? don't think so....Genia and Cooper are going to be stars. Turinui (even though he's not that great) and Ioane make a dangerous midfield combo and Hynes I think will do well at FB. I think its the forward pack that lets the reds down.

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/RocknrollHendo

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

Posts : 8425

2010 QLD Reds Backline Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 QLD Reds Backline   2010 QLD Reds Backline Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:54 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Weak? don't think so....Genia and Cooper are going to be stars. Turinui (even though he's not that great) and Ioane make a dangerous midfield combo and Hynes I think will do well at FB. I think its the forward pack that lets the reds down.

Dosen't compete at all with the Crusaders Wakaito or Wellington
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

Posts : 6033
Age : 27
Location : Wellington

2010 QLD Reds Backline Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 QLD Reds Backline   2010 QLD Reds Backline Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:20 pm

all the new zealand backlines are better than that lol.
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

Posts : 6033
Age : 27
Location : Wellington

2010 QLD Reds Backline Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 QLD Reds Backline   2010 QLD Reds Backline Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:27 pm

Hurricanes

9. Piri Weepu
10. Aaron Cruden
11. Hosea Gear
12. Ma'a Nonu
13. Conrad Smith
14. Tamati Ellison
15. Cory Jane

Waikato

9. Brendan Leonard
10. Stephen Donald
11. Sitiveni Sivivatu
12. Mike Delaney
13. Richard Kahui
14. Lelia Masaga
15. Mils Muliaina

Crusaders

9. Andy Ellis
10. Dan Carter
11. Sean Maitlin
12. Stephen Brett/Tim Bateman
13. Casey Laulala
14. Robert Fruen
15. Colin Slade

Blues

9. Alby Mathewson
10. Luke McCalister
11. Jo Rocokoco
12. Isiah Toeava
13. Anthony Tuitavake
14. Rene Ranger
15. Rudi Wulf/Paul Williams

probably missed out some people

the only backlinie that might not be better is the highlanders.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Moderator
Hendo Maroon

Posts : 12596
Age : 33
Location : DOG Squad

2010 QLD Reds Backline Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 QLD Reds Backline   2010 QLD Reds Backline Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:28 pm

Casey Laulala is gone mate. They'll have Fruean at 13, and Guildford and Maitland on each of the wings.

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/RocknrollHendo

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

Posts : 3134

2010 QLD Reds Backline Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 QLD Reds Backline   2010 QLD Reds Backline Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:37 pm

And Brett is heading to Aucks isn't he?
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Moderator
Hendo Maroon

Posts : 12596
Age : 33
Location : DOG Squad

2010 QLD Reds Backline Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 QLD Reds Backline   2010 QLD Reds Backline Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:47 pm

Yea there is actually a few things I disagree on with Sams line ups.


Chiefs - I'd have Delaney at 10, Donald at 12.

Blues - My back line would go 9. Mathewson 10. Brett 11. Joe Rok 12. McAlister 13. Tuitavake 14. Ranger 15. Toeava

Hurricanes - Jane on the wing, Ellison at FB.

Crusaders - 9. Ellis 10. Carter 11. Guildford 12. Bateman 13. Freuan 14. Maitland 15. Slade

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/RocknrollHendo

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
CM_STEELERS
Professional
CM_STEELERS

Posts : 452
Age : 29
Location : Samoa

2010 QLD Reds Backline Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 QLD Reds Backline   2010 QLD Reds Backline Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:06 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Yea there is actually a few things I disagree on with Sams line ups.


Chiefs - I'd have Delaney at 10, Donald at 12.

Blues - My back line would go 9. Mathewson 10. Brett 11. Joe Rok 12. McAlister 13. Tuitavake 14. Ranger 15. Toeava

Hurricanes - Jane on the wing, Ellison at FB.

Crusaders - 9. Ellis 10. Carter 11. Guildford 12. Bateman 13. Freuan 14. Maitland 15. Slade

spot on with most of those, agree pretty much 99%

one thing i have to say is that cover at fullback for world cup is up in the air i reckon. the 2 bolded above along with dagg's season and i reckon wulf at the blues and possibly sivivatu having a go there as well for the chiefs will go a long way in determining cover for fullback for the world cup

at the moment we may go with 5 outside back to the wc, with possibly nonu and kahui covering if needed, while mils and jane will be our main fb's. the bad thing is that jane is probably close to our best wing at the moment so a spot is definitely there for someones taking if they want it

what to watch for the nz fans? the fullbacks for all 5 nz teams, an outstanding season by someone could see them get one hand on a world cup spot
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

Posts : 6033
Age : 27
Location : Wellington

2010 QLD Reds Backline Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 QLD Reds Backline   2010 QLD Reds Backline Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:57 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Yea there is actually a few things I disagree on with Sams line ups.


Chiefs - I'd have Delaney at 10, Donald at 12.

Blues - My back line would go 9. Mathewson 10. Brett 11. Joe Rok 12. McAlister 13. Tuitavake 14. Ranger 15. Toeava

Hurricanes - Jane on the wing, Ellison at FB.

Crusaders - 9. Ellis 10. Carter 11. Guildford 12. Bateman 13. Freuan 14. Maitland 15. Slade

yeah i agree with all your teams lol.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Posts : 10316
Age : 30
Location : Brisssyyyyyy

2010 QLD Reds Backline Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 QLD Reds Backline   2010 QLD Reds Backline Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:09 pm

Panthers wrote:
Well with the retirement of Mark McLinden earlier in the week, who will take his spot at Fullback next season? What position should Will Chambers play?

Here's the backline I'd like to see in 2010.

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Chambers
12. Turinui
13. Ioane
14. Va'aulu
15. Hynes

I reckon Chambers should start on the wing and when he's ready eventually move him into inside / outside centre. Genia / Cooper will obviously be the key for us in 2010, the big question is, will they crack under pressure?

Thats a good backline for the future imo. I guess Turinui's retirement would be at the end of the upcoming season?
When that happens - Chambers to Centres and Connor to that wing spot?

Now lets sit back and watch the QRU dismantle the team once more with their appalling management skills Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

Posts : 10505
Location : Nth Queensland

2010 QLD Reds Backline Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 QLD Reds Backline   2010 QLD Reds Backline Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:20 pm

a_F_c wrote:
Thats a good backline for the future imo. I guess Turinui's retirement would be at the end of the upcoming season?
When that happens - Chambers to Centres and Connor to that wing spot?

Now lets sit back and watch the QRU dismantle the team once more with their appalling management skills Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I agree with that, although Ewen McKenzie has promised some big name signings. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Haha good point, just imagine our backline if we had of kept Drew Mitchell and Berrick Barnes. We've lost a number of gun players over the years. Sad

It would have been a quality backline!

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Ioane
12. Barnes
13. Turinui
14. Hynes
15. Mitchell

_________________
2010 QLD Reds Backline Sig2b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




2010 QLD Reds Backline Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 QLD Reds Backline   2010 QLD Reds Backline Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
2010 QLD Reds Backline
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com