Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Chris Jack?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Chris Jack? Empty
PostSubject: Chris Jack?   Chris Jack? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:38 am

Chris Jack will be making his return to NZ rugby next season and will be playing for the Crusaders. I think this is stupid! Chris Jack left NZ rugby at just the right time, his form was definitely on the downward slope and there was quality youngsters coming up most notably Eaton and Ryan. Firstly where would you use Jack? surely he wouldn't warrant a starting spot over Thorn and Ross and the Crusaders also have Sam Whitelock. I would hate for a has been like Jack to deny a young up and comer a spot in the 22. What are your thoughts on Chris Jack?

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

Chris Jack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Jack?   Chris Jack? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:40 am

I would choose him in my team over Ross and Whitelock. I say give him a shot to prove he still has it and if not go to the others
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Chris Jack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Jack?   Chris Jack? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:43 am

what I'm worried about, is that guys like Ross and Whitelock are still very young and could have another 10 years of Rugby in them, they need a lot of super 14 time to develop, Jack would prevent this.

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

Chris Jack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Jack?   Chris Jack? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:46 am

But Jack would be a better asset for the 2011 world cup, so he needs to be playing. The best players should be allowed to play, amd if that is Chris Jack he should get the start
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

Chris Jack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Jack?   Chris Jack? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:47 am

he is probably but a better player but the young guys should play ahead of him
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Chris Jack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Jack?   Chris Jack? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:49 am

Jack was past it when he left, no way I would have him anywhere near the All Blacks again. Would rather Williams, Thorn, Eaton, Boric, Bekhuis, and Donnelly over him.

Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

Chris Jack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Jack?   Chris Jack? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:24 am

He Would Surely be on the bench for the Crusaders .

Thorn and Ross to start
Back to top Go down
CM_STEELERS
Professional
CM_STEELERS

Chris Jack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Jack?   Chris Jack? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:13 am

its a good question, when i was looking at a team for the wc it was hard to find a spot for him, but i reckon he will definitely get a go

when he left he wasnt performing his best, but i saw a few games from england and saw he had a bit in him to keep playing

once thorn retires, jack will be there and will slot straight in. as for now i would definitely start with thorn and chop and change with ross and jack thru out the season

as for the world cup we have so many options compared to previous years, but the 4 i think we will take are

Williams, Ross, Jack & Donelly. Eaton/Boric just missing out
Back to top Go down
Ruggerhead
Veteran
Ruggerhead

Chris Jack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Jack?   Chris Jack? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:18 am

I would have ross ahead of jack otherwise he could head of overseas and then we would have noone coming through. But lets see how jack goes first I suppose although I did hear that the melbourne team are going to offer him big money to go there.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

Chris Jack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Jack?   Chris Jack? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 11:47 pm

Jack was just past his peak when he left - he'll have to prove he's still got it surely...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
mania
Professional
mania

Chris Jack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Jack?   Chris Jack? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:23 am

jack may not have been the best lock at the WC but he was still better than the locks we had at the time. he's dominant at the lineouts (despite corey flynn throwing to him). better than ryan and eaton were ever going to be. keithRobinson was a gamble that never paid off.

IMO jack should've started that WC game against france.

now, i'd still rate jack highly and he's still got a lot to offer. could easily displace thorn and whitelock. I'm a real thorn fan but jack is a text book lock with a lot more skills whereas thorn is more a blindsideFlanker with a huge work rate. his time in Europe and SA has shown he's still got the goods.

Ross has loads to learn and who better to mentor him than a lock who is solid in the lineouts and has the same hunger for open running rugby as jack?

if he's got the goods to start then he's gotta start. if some of the younger guys suffer then they have to lift their game. simple as that

the thing i like bout jack is he's tall timber with brains. cant say the same for Eaton, boric or donelly

form is temporary class is permanent
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

Chris Jack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Jack?   Chris Jack? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:00 am

mania wrote:
jack may not have been the best lock at the WC but he was still better than the locks we had at the time. he's dominant at the lineouts (despite corey flynn throwing to him). better than ryan and eaton were ever going to be. keithRobinson was a gamble that never paid off.

IMO jack should've started that WC game against france.

now, i'd still rate jack highly and he's still got a lot to offer. could easily displace thorn and whitelock. I'm a real thorn fan but jack is a text book lock with a lot more skills whereas thorn is more a blindsideFlanker with a huge work rate. his time in Europe and SA has shown he's still got the goods.

Ross has loads to learn and who better to mentor him than a lock who is solid in the lineouts and has the same hunger for open running rugby as jack?

if he's got the goods to start then he's gotta start. if some of the younger guys suffer then they have to lift their game. simple as that

the thing i like bout jack is he's tall timber with brains. cant say the same for Eaton, boric or donelly

form is temporary class is permanent

Well said mania, fully agree on that one.

If his form warrants a starting spot then he should start, regardless of the younger brigade. And he's playing well enough to make the 2011 WC squad then his age (or anyone else's age for that matter) shouldnt be an issue IMO.

Martin Johnson was the same age when won in 03 so there's a lot to be said for filling your engine room with experienced heads.

If he doesnt recapture his previous form then fair enough, but if he plays well, I think he'd be hard to overlook for any team really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chris Jack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Jack?   Chris Jack? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Jack?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com