Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Blackout Rugby Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:55 pm

So Shere and Millikan and Riggall I guess.

Only reason Riggall isn't listed is because I bought him too soon ago.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 8:40 am

Decent price for Shere as it turned out ... youth rules.

Dunno what to do with the money now, though. Except look for a 17yo to waste 500k on ...

That said:

Guido Durand
17 years old | 28,464 CSR | $6,603 p/w | 171cm | 92kg | Argentina
Right handed, right footed, in average form.
A collected player with controlled discipline, limited leadership, and non-existent experience.
Energy:
Perfect
%
Stamina: Impressive Handling: Impressive
Attack: Reputable Defense: Satisfactory
Technique: Moderate Strength: Moderate
Jumping: Average Speed: Satisfactory
Agility: Admirable Kicking: Limited

Could I turn this guy into something decent?
Back to top Go down
eocwhite
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 4:24 am

I think you definately could, btw i sent through a friendly request cynic Smile
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 4:56 am

I got pwned big time yesterday ... while playing normally. You'l do the same no doubt.

Millikan's been promoted to France U20 so I'd be a fool to sell him now ... dangit.
Back to top Go down
eocwhite
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 4:58 am

I dunno, now that he's got that flag he'll get ten times more haha
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:53 am

Hmm. What to do with $1.5m ...
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:58 pm

Either buy players (if your training facilities and staff are up to scratch again maybe get some promising youngsters to train?) or keep saving money and try the interest route...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 1:32 am

Fair enough.

I bought this guy but not sure what to make of him just yet:

Jean-Luc Laverdière
17 years old | 30,665 CSR | $6,743 p/w | 188cm | 82kg | France
Left handed, left footed, in average form.
A conservative player with controlled discipline, average leadership, and non-existent experience.
Energy:
Perfect
%
Stamina: Reputable Handling: Decent
Attack: Impressive Defense: Princely
Technique: Horrible Strength: Limited
Jumping: Satisfactory Speed: Reputable
Agility: Limited Kicking: Decent

He looks okay to be a fullback ...

My last sale would probably be Zeal, which means my oldest player would be 22. And even St. Gergue looks pretty dodgy.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:48 am

He'd be good with training; especially Stamina, Handling, Agility and Speed...
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:56 am

Boys, I saw this thread and decided to sign up, plus a mate of mine plays and he loves it.
Just wondering how you play?
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:00 pm

Smile

So you sign up and you're given a team of 30 players with various stats and skills. Newsflash BTW - these players suck Smile

You can improve your team either by training existing players (training occurs once a week on a Tuesday) or by bringing in new players either from your Youth Academy or bidding on them in the Transfer Market.

Be prepared to spend a good couple of months getting up to speed with how it works and don't worry if you look at the players and have no fucking clue what you're looking at - we've all been there Wink

The australian offsite is particularly good as the mod who's been in charge of the new members (DogsofWar) wrote a massive newbie guide with a lot of information on what skills etc are important for various positions.

Just take the time to look around the site and read the documentation.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:02 pm

Thanks Pantherus.
Do you actually play a game?
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:12 pm

Pantherus wrote:
Smile

So you sign up and you're given a team of 30 players with various stats and skills. Newsflash BTW - these players suck Smile

You can improve your team either by training existing players (training occurs once a week on a Tuesday) or by bringing in new players either from your Youth Academy or bidding on them in the Transfer Market.

Be prepared to spend a good couple of months getting up to speed with how it works and don't worry if you look at the players and have no fucking clue what you're looking at - we've all been there Wink

The australian offsite is particularly good as the mod who's been in charge of the new members (DogsofWar) wrote a massive newbie guide with a lot of information on what skills etc are important for various positions.

Just take the time to look around the site and read the documentation.

Cheers mate, I've found that site Smile
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:28 pm

I've definitely gone spaz with my youth policy ...

New best XI ages:

1x 24yo
3x 21yo
3x 20yo
6x 19yo
1x 18yo
1x 17yo

Nyeh ....
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:16 pm

Yeah you can play up to 4 games a week.

Through the round robin stages (R1-14) everyone plays a league match on saturday at 2:30pm. On Wednesday night, 7:30pm, is the National Cup which is a knockout competition which is randomly seeded (so a lot of luck comes into play as to how early you hit a big team to knock you out without a second thought). Mondays and Thursday are when you can play friendly matches which you need to arrange yourself; Monday night's give you less training than the league matches but also cause your players to lose less energy; while Thursdays give no training and burn no energy - they're used like an "instant play" mode and are a handy chance to test tactics etc.

When the games play you get a live commentary explaining what's happening - you don't directly control the players, but rather setup tactics for the match beforehand (like how often to play it tight in the forwards and often to send it to the backs).
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:32 pm

Thanks mate, I appreciate it Wink

Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:33 pm

It's dangerous to go alone. Take this.

http://borganizerhq.altervista.org/download.html
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:37 pm

^ I opened it, what is it...?
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:42 pm

It helps you organise your team and make your lineups if you're new to the game or retarded at it like me.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:49 pm

Cheers man
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 8:15 am

Woo. Won my first game 28-22 Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 575896
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 11:29 pm

nice work Smile

Now read the reporter's summary and check some of the players' ratings.

Hey - give us a link to your team so we can take a look too.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:46 am

Pantherus wrote:
nice work Smile

Now read the reporter's summary and check some of the players' ratings.

Hey - give us a link to your team so we can take a look too.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=5337462&report=1
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 2:20 am

Haha, my team sucks so badly now ...
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:46 am

Buddy Lamond
16 years old | 176cm | 91kg | Australia
Left handed, left footed, in decent form.
A conservative player with reckless discipline, average leadership, and non-existent experience.
Energy:
Supercharged
%
Stamina: Medium Handling: Unknown
Attack: Medium Defense: Medium
Technique: Medium Strength: Unknown
Jumping: Unknown Speed: Medium
Agility: Unknown Kicking:

When this is your best junior prospect, things are pretty low ...

A team packed with 10-star recruits ... and this ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blackout Rugby Thread   Blackout Rugby Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blackout Rugby Thread
Page 21 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com