Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Mike Rann having an affair???

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Mike Rann having an affair??? Empty
PostSubject: Mike Rann having an affair???   Mike Rann having an affair??? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:40 am

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/11/23/2750521.htm

Not sure how many of u have seen this or not or heard about it at all but i saw this on the internet the other day and thought it was quite an interesting story. I personally don't care about Mike Rann but could this really be true? I doubt he would jeopardize his job as the premier but if this is deemed to be true i think he might be made to stand down as the Premier. Big Story in Adelaide though, im sure teal could give us an opinion on this.
Back to top Go down
TGBY
Guru
TGBY

PostSubject: Re: Mike Rann having an affair???   Mike Rann having an affair??? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:43 am

id be suprised if Teal knew who the premier was.

You could explore much more educated opinions than Teal coming out of SA and on this forum

Edit: Unless the women is Mrs.Devils
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Mike Rann having an affair???   Mike Rann having an affair??? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:44 am

TGBY wrote:
id be suprised if Teal knew who the premier was.

You could explore much more educated opinions than Teal coming out of SA and on this forum

Mike Rann having an affair??? 48427
Back to top Go down
TheFeldster
Legend
TheFeldster

PostSubject: Re: Mike Rann having an affair???   Mike Rann having an affair??? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:47 am

I have 3 things to say about this story

1) The woman who is claiming this has basically lost any reputation she had. Regardless of whether it's true or not, she's a gold digger, because there's no way Rann could get a chick based on charm or good looks. She either had the affair for the money from him, or she's lying now to get money from the press

2) I don't particularly care for politicians love lives. As long as he spent no taxpayers money on this woman, I don't particularly care what he does behind closed doors.

3) I still intend to vote for Labour at the next election because, from what I've seen, the Liberals in S.A. don't do anything. I haven't heard boo from that camp for ages.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Mike Rann having an affair???   Mike Rann having an affair??? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:49 am

Yeah its either a lie and she is after money or it is completely true. It wasn't just for fun that's for sure haha
Back to top Go down
Crows-36
Guru
Crows-36

PostSubject: Re: Mike Rann having an affair???   Mike Rann having an affair??? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:44 am

I dont know who to believe to be honest. She's probably just a gold digger.
Back to top Go down
Niv
Guru
Niv

PostSubject: Re: Mike Rann having an affair???   Mike Rann having an affair??? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:54 pm

I wouldn't care if he slept with 5 different women a week, if he runs the place well (which he does) then he'll get my vote. As long as it's not affecting his work or as Feldster said our tax money, it's irrelevant.

Only reason this made the news is because it's a snail paced time for news here. Anyone see how tiny the Advertiser was today?
Back to top Go down
Gramsy23
Guru
Gramsy23

PostSubject: Re: Mike Rann having an affair???   Mike Rann having an affair??? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:53 pm

Niv wrote:
I wouldn't care if he slept with 5 different women a week, if he runs the place well (which he does) then he'll get my vote. As long as it's not affecting his work or as Feldster said our tax money, it's irrelevant.

Only reason this made the news is because it's a snail paced time for news here. Anyone see how tiny the Advertiser was today?

Do you seriously believe that? Pretty sure people thought it was news when Bill Clinton was sleeping with Lewinski. For some reason it's always news when a footballer does something stupid.

This will ALWAYS be news. Deal with it. People want to know if their premier is an immoral cheating so-and-so (i don't think he is, but people want to know).

I'm just glad i don't live in South Australia and will have to hear about this every day.
Back to top Go down
TheFeldster
Legend
TheFeldster

PostSubject: Re: Mike Rann having an affair???   Mike Rann having an affair??? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:59 pm

Gramsy23 wrote:
Niv wrote:

Do you seriously believe that? Pretty sure people thought it was news when Bill Clinton was sleeping with Lewinski. For some reason it's always news when a footballer does something stupid.

This will ALWAYS be news. Deal with it. People want to know if their premier is an immoral cheating so-and-so (i don't think he is, but people want to know).

I'm just glad i don't live in South Australia and will have to hear about this every day.

Pretty sure Clinton was married at the time though, and he was also the President of the "most powerful nation in the world". Rann, at the time of this, was in between marriages, and is in charge of... South Australia. Not really the same.

But I do see where you're coming from, people seem to find this "news" fascinating for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Mike Rann having an affair???   Mike Rann having an affair??? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:00 pm

Another Bill Clinton imo.
Back to top Go down
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: Mike Rann having an affair???   Mike Rann having an affair??? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 4:01 am

Very different to the Lewinsky incident. For a start, the South Australian Liberal Party don't have anything like the skill to organise this the way crazy Kenneth Starr and Newt Gingrich's Republican partisan war department did. Whereas that was a total put up by another party to discredit the President, I can't see this as anything but a bit of attention seeking.

I believe that the personal lives of politicians are not relevant to the electorate or their ability to lead. If the politician likes claiming moral high ground on issues then perhaps a leaky personal record has relevance but otherwise not. Things were much better back in the days before the 24 hour news cycle and the pubilc's love of scandal. America's favourite President JFK did far worse than Clinton and Rann but nobody cared.
Back to top Go down
Gramsy23
Guru
Gramsy23

PostSubject: Re: Mike Rann having an affair???   Mike Rann having an affair??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 4:11 am

omfg i wasn't comparing it to Clinton/Lewinsky. Only the fact they were both political matters and anything ANYTHING to do with politics will always be reported in the news.
Back to top Go down
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: Mike Rann having an affair???   Mike Rann having an affair??? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:25 am

sorry I didn't mean to seem uppity
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Rann having an affair???   Mike Rann having an affair??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mike Rann having an affair???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com