Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Who will win the Heisman?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Who will win the Heisman? Empty
PostSubject: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 6:33 am

As the College Football Bowl season approaches the Heisman Trophy is to be awarded. The 4 most likely hopefuls include Florida QB Tim Teebow, Texas QB Colt McCoy, Stanford RB Toby Gerhaut and Alabama RB Mark Ingram.

After a monster performance v Notre Dame with 205 rushing yards and 3 TDs, Toby Gerhaut has looked to have moved the Heisman into a 2 horse race with Colt Mcoy. McCoy has had a huge season for Texas with a 71.0 completion percentage along with 3300+ yards, 27 TDs and less than 10 interceptions. He has also maintained a 152.9 passer rating throughout the year.

Who deserves the most prestigious award in College Football?
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 6:51 am

from those stats, Colt McCoy! wow thats awesome
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 7:14 am

dam McCoy.
71 comp% and 3330 yards Shocked

is there competition??
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 8:57 am

After watching the Stanford vs. Notre Dame game today, and seeing Gerhart's amazing performance, I think he's the favorite to win the Heisman Trophy.

Obviosuly, I'd love for my man Colt McCoy to get it, and his performance against Texas A & M on Friday was brilliant throwing for 4 TD's and rushing for a further 2 TD's, but it's Gerhart for me at the moment.

That could change though depending on how McCoy performs against Nebraska in the Big 12 Championship Game next Sunday afternoon.

Also, I think Tim Tebow would be third.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:52 am

I love Gerhart's yardage and touchdown numbers, but Stanford's record will probably put a damper on his Heisman chances. Placed a bet on Alabama running-back Mark Ingram last week - averages about an extra yard/carry over Gerhart on a team that's faced a tougher schedule.

McCoy will probably end up winning, which will send his draft stock through the roof.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:56 am

Kvltism wrote:
I love Gerhart's yardage and touchdown numbers, but Stanford's record will probably put a damper on his Heisman chances. Placed a bet on Alabama running-back Mark Ingram last week - averages about an extra yard/carry over Gerhart on a team that's faced a tougher schedule.

McCoy will probably end up winning, which will send his draft stock through the roof.

I don't think so. Overall, the PAC-10 is deeper this season than the SEC. I do hope McCoy wins it though, it'll set his NFL career up nicely. But still, I favor Gerhart at the moment, depending on what McCoy, Tebow and Ingram do next week in their Conference Championship Games.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:12 am

I'd prefer to be running on Stanford's schedule than Alabama's; the likes of USC have given up some pretty obscene numbers on the ground at times.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:23 am

Kvltism wrote:
I'd prefer to be running on Stanford's schedule than Alabama's; the likes of USC have given up some pretty obscene numbers on the ground at times.

True about USC, they haven't been great this season. But Oregon, Oregon State, CAL, Arizona and even UCLA earlier this season are all quality teams. In UCLA's case, were a pretty good team. And, Washington State did beat USC as well.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 4:40 pm

I'm going with CJ Spiller of Clemson

he carried them to the ACC Atlantic Division Title and Conference Title Game by himself.

He does it all rushing,receiving,and kick returns.

CJ Spiller is the best player in College Football this year by my standards
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 4:44 pm

King Of NJ wrote:
I'm going with CJ Spiller of Clemson

he carried them to the ACC Atlantic Division Title and Conference Title Game by himself.

He does it all rushing,receiving,and kick returns.

CJ Spiller is the best player in College Football this year by my standards

I don't know how you can justify that when the ACC is pretty bad this year. Georgia Tech and Clemson both getting done on the weekend. It's betweem McCoy, Gerhart, Ingram and Tebow.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 4:58 pm

I see what you're saying I know the ACC isn't a good conference this year but if you take Spiller off of Clemson they may not win half as many games as they have.

If you shut down Spiller Clemson almost guaranteed loses. For example they get rocked at South Carolina this weekend with Spiller having a subpar game

McCoy got shut down and played poorly against Oklahoma and they still got a win
Ingram got shut down against Auburn and they still get a win
Tebow has had some subpar games and they've still not lost.

Gerhat is a great RB but his team has not had the same success as Clemson and he isn't the all around back that Spiller is
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:01 am

King Of NJ wrote:
I see what you're saying I know the ACC isn't a good conference this year but if you take Spiller off of Clemson they may not win half as many games as they have.

If you shut down Spiller Clemson almost guaranteed loses. For example they get rocked at South Carolina this weekend with Spiller having a subpar game

McCoy got shut down and played poorly against Oklahoma and they still got a win
Ingram got shut down against Auburn and they still get a win
Tebow has had some subpar games and they've still not lost.

Gerhat is a great RB but his team has not had the same success as Clemson and he isn't the all around back that Spiller is

I agree to an extent. You could also say Florida, Bama' and Texas are far more well rounded and deeper teams as well.

On Gerhart and Stanford, the Cardinal did beat the Ducks and Trojans in consecutive weeks, they're a quality team.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:37 pm

The 2009 Heisman Trophy Finalists:

Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford
Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

Notable absentees: Kellen Moore (Boise State), CJ Spiller (Clemson), Case Keenum (Houston), Jordan Shipley (Texas).

Houston losing twice late in the season cost Keenum. Suh volted late into the discussion after a great performance against Texas in the Big 12 Championship Game. Also, I thought Masoli was stiff to miss out, missing a couple of games early in the season hurt him though. To me, I still think McCoy will win it, but Gerhart should win it.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:51 pm

Ndamukong Suh is fucking awesome, could be the #1 draft pick.

I still like Ingram.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:23 pm

Kvltism wrote:
Ndamukong Suh is fucking awesome, could be the #1 draft pick.

I still like Ingram.

Yeah in plenty of Mock Drafts, Suh is in the top three in pretty much every one.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:46 pm

I might draw up a mock draft next week, rounds 1-2. See what we can come up with. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:11 pm

Kvltism wrote:
I might draw up a mock draft next week, rounds 1-2. See what we can come up with. Very Happy

Would be nice. Be sure to post it on Sportal as well for Kitch!
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:14 pm

Yeah, will have to do that. I would be happy to have him run through the selections with a fine-tooth comb and get a debate going in the lead-up to draft day. Hopefully this week's fixtures give us a slightly better idea of what the draft order is going to look like.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:18 pm

Kvltism wrote:
Yeah, will have to do that. I would be happy to have him run through the selections with a fine-tooth comb and get a debate going in the lead-up to draft day. Hopefully this week's fixtures give us a slightly better idea of what the draft order is going to look like.

Yeah, that would be fantastic. Bring on the NFL Draft.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:35 pm

You know our debate will rip the shit out of what they offer up on TV. I'm betting too much of their air-time will be dedicated to Tim Tebow, whether or not he can be a franchise quarterback. Hopefully he doesn't make a huge splash in the Sugar and Senior bowls, we'll never hear the end of it.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:45 pm

Kvltism wrote:
You know our debate will rip the shit out of what they offer up on TV. I'm betting too much of their air-time will be dedicated to Tim Tebow, whether or not he can be a franchise quarterback. Hopefully he doesn't make a huge splash in the Sugar and Senior bowls, we'll never hear the end of it.

Hey, I'm on the bandwagon of Tebow to the Jags'. Would love it!
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:17 am

Well, in the closest Heisman Trophy count in the history, Alabama RB Mark Ingram took home the Award beating out Stanford RB Toby Gerhart, with Texas QB Colt McCoy third.

Who will win the Heisman? Untitled
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Heisman?   Who will win the Heisman? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who will win the Heisman?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com