Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Wireless Capability on Acer laptop

Go down 
AuthorMessage
craigib
Guru
craigib

Wireless Capability on Acer laptop Empty
PostSubject: Wireless Capability on Acer laptop   Wireless Capability on Acer laptop Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:02 am

About 1 and a half hours ago my laptop's wireless capabilty decided to turn itself off. I went to Diagnose why Windows can't make a connection on my internet icon near the time on my laptop and then it's says wireless capability on this computer is turned off and explains that you can use a switch that is on the front or side of the laptop or a function key to turn it on, but I don't know what the F*** I am meant to be turning on on, cause I don't know where the switch is, because it just suddenly turned itself off.

Usually when it happens I restart the computer and then it is fine again, but I have restarted my computer a couple of times and still the same thing is happening, anyone got any ideas how to fix this???
Back to top Go down
carlton12
Legend
carlton12

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Capability on Acer laptop   Wireless Capability on Acer laptop Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:10 am

Firewall turned on??
Back to top Go down
neil21
Guru
neil21

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Capability on Acer laptop   Wireless Capability on Acer laptop Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:14 am

Just at the front on the laptop, underneath the mouse touchpad there should be a switch that slides across
It has obviously flicked to off, just flick it over to on adn you will be fine
Back to top Go down
craigib
Guru
craigib

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Capability on Acer laptop   Wireless Capability on Acer laptop Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:15 am

dont think so
Back to top Go down
carlton12
Legend
carlton12

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Capability on Acer laptop   Wireless Capability on Acer laptop Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:16 am

neil21 wrote:
Just at the front on the laptop, underneath the mouse touchpad there should be a switch that slides across
It has obviously flicked to off, just flick it over to on adn you will be fine

Yep that's the one I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
craigib
Guru
craigib

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Capability on Acer laptop   Wireless Capability on Acer laptop Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:16 am

i have a little card of some description that comes out have tried numerous times to push it in and out and nothing happens
Back to top Go down
craigib
Guru
craigib

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Capability on Acer laptop   Wireless Capability on Acer laptop Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:17 am

thats the only thing that moves under my laptop
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Capability on Acer laptop   Wireless Capability on Acer laptop Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:26 am

I am pretty sure it's a memory card slot mate, My Dell has one too...
Back to top Go down
craigib
Guru
craigib

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Capability on Acer laptop   Wireless Capability on Acer laptop Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:28 am

thats what i thought it was, what i'm saying is that i dont have a switch under my mousepad
Back to top Go down
craigib
Guru
craigib

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Capability on Acer laptop   Wireless Capability on Acer laptop Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:53 am

I feel so stupid, I have this button on my laptop near the audio button and the number pad to enable and disable lan and I must of accidently pressed the lan button off. Wireless Capability on Acer laptop Icon_redface
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wireless Capability on Acer laptop   Wireless Capability on Acer laptop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wireless Capability on Acer laptop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com