Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Australian Super 14 sides

Go down 

Highest Aussie Finisher
Brumbies
Australian Super 14 sides Vote_lcap67%Australian Super 14 sides Vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Waratahs
Australian Super 14 sides Vote_lcap17%Australian Super 14 sides Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Reds
Australian Super 14 sides Vote_lcap16%Australian Super 14 sides Vote_rcap
 16% [ 1 ]
Force
Australian Super 14 sides Vote_lcap0%Australian Super 14 sides Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Australian Super 14 sides Empty
PostSubject: Australian Super 14 sides   Australian Super 14 sides Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:26 am

It has come to my attention we have very minimal discussion on the Super 14 Australian sides.

A few questions...

What Aussie team do you think will finish the highest in 2010?

Will any finish in the top 4, if so, how many?

Who are the key players in each side?

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"

Last edited by Hendo Maroon on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Australian Super 14 sides   Australian Super 14 sides Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:29 am

Highest will almost certainly be the Brumbies. They've effectively hoarded most of the best players in aussie Rugby and will be a force to be reckoned with. They're also the only aussie team with a shot at the semis.

IMO the final 4 will be Bulls, Canes, Crusaders, Brumbies - in that order.

Key players - difficult with so much movement but:
Brumbies: Giteau, Mortlock, Elsom
Warratahs: Robinson, Beale (poor buggers), Mitchell
Reds: Barnes, Ioane, Genia
Force: Pocock, Sharpe
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Australian Super 14 sides   Australian Super 14 sides Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:37 am

I'm ranking them like this, bracketed is my overall placing prediction...

1 (4) Brumbies
2 (5) Waratahs
3 (9) Reds
4 (13) Force

The Brumbies have signed Matt Giteau, Rocky Elsom and Justin Harrison. Giteau and Elsom will have a big impact on this side and should get them through to the finals, after missing out last season. Justin Harrison, who happens to be one of my most hated players of all time, won't have too much impact, he's 35 and only really has been brought in for replacement of Peter Kimlin, who is injured.

I'd have this starting XV

1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Guy Shepherdson
4. Mark Chisholm
5. Justin Harrison
6. Rocky Elsom
7. George Smith
8. Stephen Hoiles(c)
9. Patrick Phibbs
10. Matt Giteau
11. Francis Fainifo
12. _______
13. Stirling Mortlock
14. Alifeleti Mafi
15. Adam Ashley-Cooper

Not sure about the number 12 spot, as I reckon at Super 14 level Giteau is better suited to number 10, but they don't really have a decent 12 to fill the gap. Christian Lealiifano could get the 10 jersey, shifting Giteau to 12.

Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Australian Super 14 sides   Australian Super 14 sides Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:38 am

Looks like we've both predicted Brumbies at 4th, I happen to agree on the other 3 final spots.

Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Australian Super 14 sides   Australian Super 14 sides Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:44 am

Brumbies will be either Gits at 10 and Tyrone Smith at 12, or Leliafano at 10 and Gits at 12.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Australian Super 14 sides   Australian Super 14 sides Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:49 am

Pantherus wrote:
Highest will almost certainly be the Brumbies. They've effectively hoarded most of the best players in aussie Rugby and will be a force to be reckoned with. They're also the only aussie team with a shot at the semis.

IMO the final 4 will be Bulls, Canes, Crusaders, Brumbies - in that order.

Key players - difficult with so much movement but:
Brumbies: Giteau, Mortlock, Elsom
Warratahs: Robinson, Beale (poor buggers), Mitchell
Reds: Barnes, Ioane, Genia
Force: Pocock, Sharpe

Barnes signed for the Tahs mate.. I might do an aussie write-up a little later.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Australian Super 14 sides   Australian Super 14 sides Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:04 am

The Reds are going to have to play at their best in every game to even have a chance of making the top 4. Hopefully for their sake, Cooper is still there. They've got a lot of potential in that backline, starting with Will Genia in halfback, Hynes, Ioane, Cooper and Chambers. The forward pack is pretty weak though.

Losing Barnes will hurt them and I really cant see them even making the top half of the table.

Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Australian Super 14 sides   Australian Super 14 sides Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:48 am

neither about the reds, but im hopeful. Brumbies to to hit top four and be the highest side out of the Australians
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Australian Super 14 sides   Australian Super 14 sides Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:23 am

Whoops - forgot about that Smile
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Australian Super 14 sides   Australian Super 14 sides Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:53 am

I dont think its worthy of a thread and this is vaguely relative..

With the Reds' 2 trial game victories over the Tahs and the Saders showing some good promise do any of u think we can go anywhere this season? I think Mckenzie has really made a positive impact on the team and apart from Quade being a dickhead on the Goldy weve had a pretty solid pre season. Im always positive about our chances preseason but this season I can see something coming out of it. I dont think we'll make top 4 but I can see a 5th-8th finish which is a major improvement on the past 2 or 3 seasons.
I guess we'll see how it all goes come Feb 13 vs the Tahs in a proper game but im hopeful Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Australian Super 14 sides   Australian Super 14 sides Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:58 am

a_F_c wrote:
I dont think its worthy of a thread and this is vaguely relative..

With the Reds' 2 trial game victories over the Tahs and the Saders showing some good promise do any of u think we can go anywhere this season? I think Mckenzie has really made a positive impact on the team and apart from Quade being a dickhead on the Goldy weve had a pretty solid pre season. Im always positive about our chances preseason but this season I can see something coming out of it. I dont think we'll make top 4 but I can see a 5th-8th finish which is a major improvement on the past 2 or 3 seasons.
I guess we'll see how it all goes come Feb 13 vs the Tahs in a proper game but im hopeful Australian Super 14 sides Icon_smile

Lost the last trial to the Force so not a great way to finish but hopefully the boys have gotten what they want out of the trials.. Trial form means nothing imo obviously it's good to win and get abit of confidence but its all about the start you get in the S14 and hopefully maintaining that.. Head says we will finish 10-14 but you never know i guess and if the "key" members of the team are performing well i can see us doing better than expected.. Heart says we will sneak into the 4 Australian Super 14 sides Icon_razz .

XOXO
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Australian Super 14 sides   Australian Super 14 sides Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Haha, go the heart Laughing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
CM_STEELERS
Professional
CM_STEELERS

PostSubject: Re: Australian Super 14 sides   Australian Super 14 sides Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:12 pm

brumbies and tahs have taken all the guns, brumbies should make the top4
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Australian Super 14 sides   Australian Super 14 sides Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Once again i am expecting a tough season for the reds which is nothing unusual these days. Losing Berrick Barnes was a massive loss. Our backline is full of class with Ioane, Cooper, Chambers, Genia and Hynes. As Hendo said the forwards aren't the best out there, so they are going to have to step up MASSIVE this season. I am hoping for an improvement but the finals look a long way away, a finish of around 6th to 8th would be a successful year for the Reds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Australian Super 14 sides   Australian Super 14 sides Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Australian Super 14 sides
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com