Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

College Football: Bowl Schedule

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

College Football: Bowl Schedule Empty
PostSubject: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm

College Football: Bowl Schedule 65756776

College Football: Bowl Schedule 546546

College Football: Bowl Schedule 6456546
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:28 pm

BCS Match-Ups:

Rose Bowl: Oregon vs. Ohio State

Fiesta Bowl: Boise State vs. TCU

Sugar Bowl: Florida vs. Cincinnati

Orange Bowl: Iowa vs. Georgia Tech

BCS National Championship Game: Alabama vs. Texas

Last edited by Sparky_Hughes on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:31 pm

In all, 34 Bowl Games. If everybody wants, we can't do a 'Pick Ems' competition and the person with the most tips right wins. There'll be extra points for the BCS Bowl Games, and even extra points for the National Championship Game.

So 1 point for a normal Bowl game, 2 for a BCS Bowl game, 3 for the National Championship game, and 5 if you get the winner and score margin correct.

Who's in?
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:54 am

That sounds good Sparky, ill go in for it.

Also on the BCS Bowl games how do they get the matchups sorted? Is it a case of 1 v 2, 3v4, 5v6 etc for the respective games at the end of the 12 or 13 games season?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:10 am

Oregon and Texas for the win! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:26 am

a_F_c wrote:

Also on the BCS Bowl games how do they get the matchups sorted? Is it a case of 1 v 2, 3v4, 5v6 etc for the respective games at the end of the 12 or 13 games season?

Only for the National Championship Game it is. The rest of the games depend on what Conference you play in. Plus there are many, many other complicated factors that come into it as well.
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:39 am

on the ONE HD forum these are the bowl games their showing

Army v Navy is Sun 13 Dec at 6.30am

Sun Bowl at 6am Fri 1 Jan

Orange Bowl 3am Sat 2 Jan

Cotton Bowl 8am Sun 3 Jan

Sugar Bowl 12pm Sun 3 Jan

Fiesta Bowl 12pm Tue 5 Jan
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:18 am

Svoerman wrote:
on the ONE HD forum these are the bowl games their showing

Army v Navy is Sun 13 Dec at 6.30am

Sun Bowl at 6am Fri 1 Jan

Orange Bowl 3am Sat 2 Jan

Cotton Bowl 8am Sun 3 Jan

Sugar Bowl 12pm Sun 3 Jan

Fiesta Bowl 12pm Tue 5 Jan

Army vs. Navy, always a massive game. Not a Bowl game though.

Also, sounds about right the games that are on One HD, as ESPN will have the rest of them including the Rose Bowl and National Championship Game, which really are the two main ones.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:22 am

USC-BC game should be alright, they should be showing it here. My dad's a BC fan and have been following USC and Oklahaoma at late. I've been more of a USC fan for a while now so they would be my #1.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:30 am

i might watch army v navy... sounds like a good game. go army!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:31 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
a_F_c wrote:

Only for the National Championship Game it is. The rest of the games depend on what Conference you play in. Plus there are many, many other complicated factors that come into it as well.

Ahh ok haha. Whenever I watch ESPN and they go on about the BCS Ranking and the Bowl games I try and follow it but I get very lost sometimes Laughing. Oh well, will be good watching.

I have a softspot for Oklahoma...dont know why lol so ill be going for them in their Bowl Game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:23 pm

a_F_c wrote:
Ahh ok haha. Whenever I watch ESPN and they go on about the BCS Ranking and the Bowl games I try and follow it but I get very lost sometimes Laughing. Oh well, will be good watching.

I have a softspot for Oklahoma...dont know why lol so ill be going for them in their Bowl Game Very Happy

Yeah, last season I got very confused, but after a while it'll all make sense.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:20 pm

lol @ Papa John's, Meineke Car Care, etc. Looks like that call I made about the Best Buy Sam's Club Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles Bowl wasn't too outlandish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:22 pm

Kvltism wrote:
lol @ Papa John's, Meineke Car Care, etc. Looks like that call I made about the Best Buy Sam's Club Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles Bowl wasn't too outlandish.

And how about the Gaylord Motels Music City Bowl.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:31 pm

That's gold. How about the Texas Bowl, featuring two non-Texan teams? Corporate America truly knows how to deliver the lulz.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:58 am

Are we do the pick Em's comp?
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Manning18 wrote:
Are we do the pick Em's comp?

Yep, just post your 34 tips, and for the National Championship Game, pick the score as well.

I'll do the tallying at the end.

It's one pint for regular Bowl games, three for BCS Bowl games, and five for the National Championship Game. Ten if you get the correct score.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Football: Bowl Schedule   College Football: Bowl Schedule Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College Football: Bowl Schedule
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com