Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

2010 NFL Draft Thread:

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:33 am

lol @ the Broncos picked Tebow in the first rd.

they've effectively traded Cutler for Tebow
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:19 am

Eagles managed to trade up to get the 13th pick.
Took Brandon Graham.

Looks like a pretty good pick-up Smile
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:05 am

cant believe they went for tebow over clausen
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:04 am

DB wrote:

Clausen might be more talented and have a better arm currently, but everything else points in Tebow' favor.

They're close to finishing the 2nd Round now, still soome good players on the board including McCoy, Dickson and Shipley.
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:39 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
DB wrote:

Clausen might be more talented and have a better arm currently, but everything else points in Tebow' favor.

They're close to finishing the 2nd Round now, still soome good players on the board including McCoy, Dickson and Shipley.

Also apparently Clausen is a bit of a FIGJAM...

or atleast thats what I got while following the espn draft tracker
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 4:26 am

Svoerman wrote:
Also apparently Clausen is a bit of a FIGJAM...

or atleast thats what I got while following the espn draft tracker

There's no doubt he's good. Plus he knows how to run a' NFL style offense as that's how Notre Dame played under Charlie Weis the last few years.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 4:37 am

Eagles bagged Nate Allen with their 2nd pick.
Good choice, to be fair Safety was weak last year, hopefully Allen can become a star for us.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 6:23 am

Colt McCoy ended up being selected by Cleveland, ex-Texas teammate Jordan Shipley went to Cincinnati, and former Oregon Duck Ed Dickson went to Baltimore.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 8:32 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
DB wrote:

what exactly points in his favour??? as i see clausen is superior in just about all aspects

clausen must have injury concerns which must have lowered his value is all i can think of
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:01 am

DB wrote:
what exactly points in his favour??? as i see clausen is superior in just about all aspects

clausen must have injury concerns which must have lowered his value is all i can think of

Heart, work rate, a winning football mentality, exposure to the football team. There's plenty.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:20 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
DB wrote:

Heart, work rate, a winning football mentality, exposure to the football team. There's plenty.

hahaha ok.....
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Tebow brings plenty to a locker room. Clausens arm might be superior to his, but I don't expect Tebow to get any snaps this season behind Quinn and Orton. If he does, it will only be in the shotgun. He'll have plenty of time to learn and his leadership skills and ability to win games was shown throughout his college career. Aparently Denver panicked when they picked him and I guess McDaniels got his way with the way he supported Tebow throughout the week. If Dallas hadn't have taken Bryant a few picks earlier Tebow wouldn't have gone.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:04 am

just heard the steelers have close to 83 players on their offseason team

gonna be a bit of work to cut that down to 53 players by september lol
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:38 am

I like the Rams draft !! Bradford is THE selection that needed to be made, not Suh. So glad we got Bradford, now to put the weapons around him.
We drafted to Monster TE's as well, whicfh is good, but we need more. Apparently Westbrook has come to the fold as a possible one-two punch with Jackson, which would preserve Jackson, which would be nice to see !! Don't mind Avery as a slot reciever, but can't make the big plays just yet !! We need a playmaking WR STAT !!!!
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:14 pm

every team needs a good QB to go well. so good start for the rams. but they dont have the team around it just yet. it will be a few years yet before they build up the team to a decent standard. by that time bradford should have some good experience however i reckon he will go through a really tuff time at the start because of the amount of pressure he will get in the pocket. he will lose a lot of confidence and hopefully he can bounce back.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:26 pm

DB wrote:
every team needs a good QB to go well. so good start for the rams. but they dont have the team around it just yet. it will be a few years yet before they build up the team to a decent standard. by that time bradford should have some good experience however i reckon he will go through a really tuff time at the start because of the amount of pressure he will get in the pocket. he will lose a lot of confidence and hopefully he can bounce back.

Thats why there was such a strong argument for Suh to be number 1 pick.
Bradford is injury prone as well, so it will be interesting to see how he goes behind our O-line. Our O-line is very majestic, allowing every man and their dog at our QB, but blocking well enough to have Action run for over 1,000 yards (1500 I think), and over 4 yards a carry.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:29 pm

Bronco_josh wrote:
Thats why there was such a strong argument for Suh to be number 1 pick. Bradford is injury prone as well, so it will be interesting to see how he goes behind our O-line. Our O-line is very majestic, allowing every man and their dog at our QB, but blocking well enough to have Action run for over 1,000 yards (1500 I think), and over 4 yards a carry.

It was only last season for the Sooners where he got injured. Did his shoulder, and came back too early and did it again. He was definitely the best QB in the Draft, and deserved to go number 1. How well he goes for the Rams I don't know, but he's a very talented QB and if the Rams can get a decent offensive line to protect him, he'll do exceptionally well.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:31 pm

i wouldnt be surprised if they nurse him through this year.

as in giving him only a few reps a game or something similar. it will be interesting to see how it will work out and if he can make a significant difference
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:36 pm

DB wrote:
i wouldnt be surprised if they nurse him through this year.

as in giving him only a few reps a game or something similar. it will be interesting to see how it will work out and if he can make a significant difference

We have AJ Feeley, who isn't bad, if you want to slowly bring a rookie QB through
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:51 pm

He'll start, You can't possibly have A.J Feeley as your starter.

Bradford is a great player but will need plenty of help if he is going to turn the Rams around as fast as possible. Avery is not the answer for starting WR atm, so someone like T.O (Without the constant criticism of his QB, just the experience) will be a huge help for Bradford. Jason Smith has been dissapointing, missing a few starts in his rookie year and hasn't been a huge lift to that woeful line.

Bradford has to be that #1 pick. As I said in my mock, the Rams could no longer go with that 'safe' pick in Suh. Players like Tye Hill, Jason Smith, Chris Long and Carriker have pretty much all been wastes of early draft picks and it was time to start up fresh with a young QB.

The Rams aren't there yet. I see them getting 4 wins at the most this year. Though going in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:34 pm

i have to disagree... i think feeley has to be the starter at least for the first few games of the year. sanchez only did well last year because he was drafted into a team that was decent all round. plus he had a line that worked well and a defence that was dominating.

bradford does not have these things. so why rush him in when he isnt going to change the chances of the rams?
do you see the rams making the playoffs this year with bradford? i surely dont so why rush him in anyway? get a good QB coach who can coach him into being a NFL QB
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:24 am

I agree that not many QBs could survive with this all-round terrible Rams outfit, but I don't see them starting off with Feeley. Bradfords career is better off with him sitting a few games instead of being expected to run this team, but I expect the Rams to throw him in there. The Rams are thin at QB, with no Pennington-like player that the Dolphins had a few years ago so they could sit Henne. It would have been wiser to keep Bulger or sign an experienced QB to run this team as Bradford progresses, but it didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 2:35 pm

Very late to the party here, but I'm stoked with the Raiders' draft.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread:   2010 NFL Draft Thread: - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 NFL Draft Thread:
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com