Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Chris Henry hospitialised

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

Chris Henry hospitialised Empty
PostSubject: Chris Henry hospitialised   Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 7:08 am

Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry hospitalized with severe injuries

From correspondents in Charlotte, North Carolina
December 17, 2009
Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry was fighting for his life on Thursday (EDT) after being hospitalised following a fall from a pickup truck, police said.
Henry, who suffered a broken forearm during a victory last month over Baltimore and was out for the season after surgery, was found in a road and taken to Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte police said.

Henry's fiancee was driving the truck when he jumped into the back of the truck, continuing a domestic dispute, and Henry eventually fell from the vehicle, "apparently suffering life-threatening injuries", police said.

"The domestic situation continued between the operator and Mr. Henry. At some point while she was driving, Mr. Henry came out of the back of the vehicle," police said in a statement.

The Bengals dropped Henry after the 2007 season after his fifth arrest but owner Mike Brown brought him back a few months later, signing him to a two-year deal.

Im no bengals fan but that's horrible news for chris hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: Chris Henry hospitialised   Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 9:50 am

shit..what happened there.

hope he makes it Smile
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Chris Henry hospitialised   Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:00 pm

Pics have been leaked online. Not exactly a pretty scene.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Chris Henry hospitialised   Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:09 pm

oh shit!
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: Chris Henry hospitialised   Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:16 am

Oh shit! he died No Sad

Quote :
Bengals WR Henry dies from injuries sustained in domestic dispute

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry died Thursday, one day after falling out of the back of a pickup truck during what police said was a domestic dispute with his fiancee.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said Henry died at 6:36 a.m. He was 26.

"We knew him in a different way than his public persona," Bengals owner Mike Brown said of the player who was suspended five times during his five-year NFL career. "He had worked through the troubles in his life and had finally seemingly reached the point where everything was going to blossom. And he was going to have the future we all wanted for him. It's painful to us. We feel it in our hearts, and we will miss him."

Chris Henry, WR
Cincinnati Bengals

Career Statistics
Seasons: 5
Receptions: 119
Yards: 1,836
Touchdowns: 21

Photos: Henry through the years
Police spokeswoman Rosalyn Harrington said homicide detectives have been assigned to the case but had no further information.

Later Thursday, police released two 911 tapes. The first was from an unidentified woman who said she was following a yellow pickup truck.

"It's got a black man on it with no shirt on, and he's got his arm in a cast and black pants on," she told a dispatcher. "He's beating on the back of this truck window. ... I don't know if he's trying to break in or something. It just looks crazy. It's a girl driving it."

Just over a minute later, an unidentified man called 911 and said he saw a man "laying in the road" and "definitely unconscious."

Henry was rushed to the hospital Wednesday after being found on a curvy section of a residential road. Police said the dispute began at a home about a half-mile away, and Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup truck as his fiancee drove away from the residence.

Police said at some point when she was driving, Henry "came out of the back of the vehicle." Harrington wouldn't say if the woman, whom police wouldn't identify, was present at the scene when police arrived.

Two women from separate homes nearby said Thursday that they saw the woman and the pickup at the scene when police arrived. Cheryl Hoffman said she came out with a blanket when she saw Henry wasn't wearing a shirt.

"When I got to where he was laying on the ground out there, he was very unresponsive, laying flat on the ground," Hoffman said. "He was foaming at the mouth, and I was very worried what was happening then."

Henry is engaged to Loleini Tonga, and the couple has been raising three children. Tonga's MySpace page identifies herself as "Mrs. C. Henry" and has a picture of her next to a person who appears to be Henry. She also has a post from Tuesday talking about buying wedding rings. A neighbor said Wednesday that the Tonga family owns the home where police say the incident began. Charlotte is home to his fiancee's parents.

No one answered the door at that home, where there were deep tire tracks on the front lawn.

"We ask that you keep Chris' family -- especially the young children he leaves behind -- in your prayers," Henry's agent, Andy Simms of PlayersRep Sports said in a statement. "It is tragic when a life is taken so young. He was a man just realizing his potential, not just in football, but in life."

Cincinnati Bengals
Bengals players will wear this helmet decal during Sunday's game in San Diego.
Authorities haven't announced the cause of Henry's death. Mecklenburg County medical examiner investigator Carol Cormier said she was expecting to receive the body later Thursday.

The Bengals will wear a helmet sticker with Henry's jersey No. 15 on it to honor their late teammate during Sunday's road game against the San Diego Chargers.

When the players received word that Henry had died, quarterback Carson Palmer called them together in the locker room and said they should dedicate the game and rest of the season to Henry and the wife of defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer, who unexpectedly died during the season.

Henry was away from the Bengals after breaking his left forearm during a Nov. 8 victory over the Baltimore Ravens. He had surgery and was placed on season-ending injured reserve following the game.

"We are greatly saddened by today's tragic news about the loss of Chris Henry," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to Chris' family, including his Bengals family. We have been in contact with the Bengals to offer our support through this difficult time.

"I ask you to keep Chris Henry and his family in your thoughts today."

Throughout his football career, Henry's temper and poor decisions got him in trouble. He was ejected from a game and suspended for another while at West Virginia, where former coach Rich Rodriguez told Henry that he was an embarrassment to himself and the program. Henry's reputation already was costing him -- the Bengals were the only NFL team to bring him in for a pre-draft visit in 2005.

The Bengals found that Henry's demeanor didn't match his reputation. He was shy and spoke in a quiet voice. They warned him that he had to stay in control if he was going to stay in the NFL. Then they picked him in the third round.

In a sense, it already was a second chance.

"I'm worth the chance," Henry said when he showed up the following weekend for a rookie minicamp. "I'm just happy they took me."

Henry become a vital part of the offense as a rookie, helping the Bengals reach the playoffs in 2005 with his ability to run past defenders to grab long passes. In the final month of the season, he also showed his other side, being arrested for marijuana possession. After a playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, he was arrested on a gun charge in Florida.

Henry and former Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones became the league's two most trouble-bound players. Goodell suspended both in 2007 -- Jones for a full season, Henry for half of it -- as part of a toughening of the league's personal-conduct policy.

When Henry was arrested for a fifth time following that season on an assault charge, the Bengals decided they'd had enough. At his arraignment on April 3, 2008, Municipal Court Judge Bernie Bouchard called Henry "a one-man crime wave." He was released by the Bengals the same day.

It was a jolt to Henry, who had dreamed of an NFL career since high school, when he had the league's logo tattooed on the back of his right hand. No team showed an interest in bringing him back. His career seemed finished.

Then, Brown -- who refers to himself as "a redeemer" -- changed his mind and gave him another chance.

"If you only knew him by hearsay, you'd think he's some kind of ogre," Brown said during the Bengals' appearance on HBO's "Hard Knocks" series this summer. "It's not true. He's a good person. When you see him up close, you'll find that you'll like him. He'll be a soft-spoken, pleasant person."

This time, Henry seemed determined to stay out of trouble. After making just 19 catches and scoring two touchdowns in 12 games in 2008, he set about making himself a top-flight receiver again. He got into top shape and worked out with teammates during the offseason, showing more resolve than at any point in his career.

Henry also changed his personal life, spending more time with his fiancee and the three children they are raising. Teammates noticed a pronounced change in Henry's demeanor.

"He's a great kid with a great heart," quarterback Carson Palmer said as training camp started. "He's changed his life around. He ran into some trouble, made some bad decisions and realized that. He's sorry for them, apologized for them and has done everything he can to make himself a better person. I'm just proud of him."

Before the 2009 season, Henry had a new tattoo that matched his new outlook. Below his left ear, in flowing one-inch script, was the world "Blessed."

"I kind of felt like I dug myself out of the hole and started doing the right things," Henry said in an interview with The Associated Press as training camp opened. "People say, 'How you feeling now, Chris? You doing all right?' I just tell them I'm blessed. That's why I got it."

Henry caught a touchdown pass in each of Cincinnati's four preseason games. A thigh injury slowed him early in the season, and he had 12 catches for 236 yards -- his 19.7-yard average per catch leads the team -- when he broke his left arm against the Ravens, ending his season.

"He was doing everything right," Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco said. "My grandma always says you never question the man upstairs on decisions he makes. Everyone makes mistakes, but I don't see how Chris was supposed to go already, especially when he was on the right path. Other than that, he's going to be missed."
Link:
Bengals WR Henry dies from injuries sustained in domestic dispute
Back to top Go down
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

PostSubject: Re: Chris Henry hospitialised   Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:38 am

Terrible news... RIP. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

PostSubject: Re: Chris Henry hospitialised   Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:43 am

Chris Henry hospitialised 1012henry

Chris Henry

May 17 1983 December 17 2009

R.I.P

i also wish my condolances to the family and the cincinati bengals Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_cry Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_cry

Last edited by Armchairsportsfan on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Chris Henry hospitialised   Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:35 am

Its December 17th he died MWF...but thats not the point.

Sad news, RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Chris Henry hospitialised   Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:38 am

R.I.P. Chris Henry.

He always had his off-field problems but looked to turn it around. Terrible news for his family and friends.
Back to top Go down
Tonks
Veteran
Tonks

PostSubject: Re: Chris Henry hospitialised   Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:09 am

R.I.P Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_sad Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Chris Henry hospitialised   Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:20 am

R.I.P May you be missed by NFL fans alike!
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: Chris Henry hospitialised   Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:48 am

shit...
this is terrible news...
he had been one of the 'bad boys' but had really turned himself around.

even though i wasn't a Bengals fan i liked him....

RIP Chris....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Henry hospitialised   Chris Henry hospitialised Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Henry hospitialised
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com