Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

College Football: BCS V Playoff

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

College Football: BCS V Playoff Empty
PostSubject: College Football: BCS V Playoff   College Football: BCS V Playoff Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Which one is better suited to find the #1 team in the country. It is true that if Texas hadn't had beaten Nebraska by a field goal, we would have had massive dispute over who would play Alabama in the BCS title. With 5 undefeated teams going into the bowl games, is it time for a playoff?
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: College Football: BCS V Playoff   College Football: BCS V Playoff Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:43 pm

I dont understand the BCS Ranking system so yes, id prefer a playoff system Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football: BCS V Playoff   College Football: BCS V Playoff Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:46 pm

Of course there needs to be a Playoff. But it's not going to happen as the current system is making the NCAA so much $$$, but it's more talked about the way the system is. The NCAA love it.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: College Football: BCS V Playoff   College Football: BCS V Playoff Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:15 pm

Am I right in thinking that the whole 'BCS vs Playoff' debate gets talked about in the Senate over there? Thats hilarious if it is Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football: BCS V Playoff   College Football: BCS V Playoff Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:21 pm

a_F_c wrote:
Am I right in thinking that the whole 'BCS vs Playoff' debate gets talked about in the Senate over there? Thats hilarious if it is Laughing

Yeah I believe so. Can't say I'm overly into Politics, but I have heard that the US Government has been vocal in wanting the NCAA to have a Playoff.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: College Football: BCS V Playoff   College Football: BCS V Playoff Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:10 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Of course there needs to be a Playoff. But it's not going to happen as the current system is making the NCAA so much $$$, but it's more talked about the way the system is. The NCAA love it.
This was discussed on that ESPN BowlMania special. One of the pundits said that people advocating for a playoff bracket need to take the time out to draw up a plan which is equally, or more, financially viable than the BCS system. That's a position I can understand, surely it can be done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football: BCS V Playoff   College Football: BCS V Playoff Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:14 pm

Kvltism wrote:
This was discussed on that ESPN BowlMania special. One of the pundits said that people advocating for a playoff bracket need to take the time out to draw up a plan which is equally, or more, financially viable than the BCS system. That's a position I can understand, surely it can be done.

Yeah I watched that as well, and yeah he made some very valid points in his argument. But we've got to get with the times, and surely, a Playoff can be arranged.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: College Football: BCS V Playoff   College Football: BCS V Playoff Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:25 pm

playoffs are def needed!
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: College Football: BCS V Playoff   College Football: BCS V Playoff Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:36 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Kvltism wrote:

Yeah I watched that as well, and yeah he made some very valid points in his argument. But we've got to get with the times, and surely, a Playoff can be arranged.
Absolutely. There's a lot of public support for a playoff bracket, now we just need someone to develop the idea into a workable ~business strategy.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football: BCS V Playoff   College Football: BCS V Playoff Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:54 pm

Hank Moody wrote:
playoffs are def needed!

Yeah. With the NCAA Basketball Tournament, there are 65 teams, but for the Football one, you'd only have the Top 16.

The problem though, is how do you get to that top 16.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: College Football: BCS V Playoff   College Football: BCS V Playoff Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 1:31 pm

You know who the biggest opponents will be: those twats in the SEC. They are the biggest sissies in college football where scheduling is concerned.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: College Football: BCS V Playoff   College Football: BCS V Playoff Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 5:06 am

Kvltism wrote:
You know who the biggest opponents will be: those twats in the SEC. They are the biggest sissies in college football where scheduling is concerned.

Yeah absolutely. The PAC-10 schedule big non-conference games, the SEC schedule's easy games against nobody's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Football: BCS V Playoff   College Football: BCS V Playoff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College Football: BCS V Playoff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com