Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General Cricket Chat

Go down 
+16
Tonks
All_Star94
Svoerman
Stoke
Brenton
Panthers
Beckham
The Tank
Rozza
Hendo Maroon
Seaeagles
Chesscube
DB
south01
Sprooly
carlton12
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
carlton12
Legend
carlton12

General Cricket Chat Empty
PostSubject: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:04 pm

This is a thread to chat about cricket. You can post articles in here that are probably not thread-worthy. Sticky Please

I'll kick it off:

Perren walks away from Queensland

Clint Perren, who has not played a game for Queensland since last summer, has announced his retirement from representative cricket. Perren, a 34-year-old right-hander with 82 first-class appearances, will move with his family to live in England in March.

Perren first appeared with the Bulls in 1998-99 and was only the second Queenslander to play 100 one-day matches, bringing up his century last season. In his first-class career he scored 4737 runs at 35.35 with 10 centuries, including a career highest score of 224.

He headed the run-scoring aggregate for the Bulls across the Pura Cup, FR Cup and Twenty20 competitions in 2006-07 and was a member of successful Shield campaigns in 2000-01 and 2005-06. "I gave myself the chance to break back into the team at the start of the season but quickly realised that there were other things in my life that were of greater priority," he said. "I made the decision a little while ago and I've got no regrets about calling it a day."

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/440699.html

He's a been a top player for Queensland, sad to see him go, good cricketer General Cricket Chat 843646
Back to top Go down
Sprooly
Guru
Sprooly

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:25 pm

jee copy the football one much Wink
Back to top Go down
south01
Guru
south01

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:48 am

Follow @warne888 Shane Warnes Twitter account!!!! He has read out on Radio that its his..
Back to top Go down
carlton12
Legend
carlton12

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Brett Lee aims to be bowling by February 23

Quote :
Brett Lee is reluctant to commit on his availability for the IPL as he wants to make sure he recovers completely from the elbow injury to his bowling hand, which he sustained during the ODI series in India last November. "I am not going to be making any statement if I will be ready or not," Lee told Cricinfo from Sydney. Lee underwent surgery on December 2 last year and was advised to wear a shoulder brace for a minimum of six weeks.

Lee now has worn the brace for an extra two weeks and still is some distance from freely swinging his hand. He stressed that he would not rush back into any form of cricket till he is confident about his elbow. "It is just a point of how the elbow feels and just working hard on my fitness and see what happens after that," Lee said.

Asked if his rehab was going according to plan, Lee said it was right on track. "I am about eight weeks post-surgery. I'm looking forward to possibly start bowling form February 23. It is a slow process."

Full Article - http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/445384.html

Great news for Binga. I really hope he can crack back into the Australian ODI team and maybe perhaps back into the Test team but I don't know if he can do that.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:36 pm

carlton10 wrote:
Brett Lee aims to be bowling by February 23

Quote :
Brett Lee is reluctant to commit on his availability for the IPL as he wants to make sure he recovers completely from the elbow injury to his bowling hand, which he sustained during the ODI series in India last November. "I am not going to be making any statement if I will be ready or not," Lee told Cricinfo from Sydney. Lee underwent surgery on December 2 last year and was advised to wear a shoulder brace for a minimum of six weeks.

Lee now has worn the brace for an extra two weeks and still is some distance from freely swinging his hand. He stressed that he would not rush back into any form of cricket till he is confident about his elbow. "It is just a point of how the elbow feels and just working hard on my fitness and see what happens after that," Lee said.

Asked if his rehab was going according to plan, Lee said it was right on track. "I am about eight weeks post-surgery. I'm looking forward to possibly start bowling form February 23. It is a slow process."

Full Article - http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/445384.html

Great news for Binga. I really hope he can crack back into the Australian ODI team and maybe perhaps back into the Test team but I don't know if he can do that.

great news for him but i dont think he will crack the australian team again with the way the selectors are going... he is a bit to old and injury prone. but im sure the blues would love him fit again and obviously the indian premier league would love to have his skill on show
Back to top Go down
Chesscube
Rookie
Chesscube

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:07 pm

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has decided to appeal to the ICC regarding the exclusion of all 11 Pakistani players from the IPL after the auction in Mumbai this week. Since the IPL is a domestic tournament, it is outside the ICC's purview and so it is unlikely cricket's ruling body will be able to do much about it, but the matter continues to rage on in Pakistan.

"We will be lodging a complaint with the ICC and I will personally table this issue at the next meeting of the ICC executive board on February 10," said Ijaz Butt, the PCB chairman, after a meeting with the country's sports minister in Lahore. "The IPL may be a private and commercial enterprise but this issue involves the pride of a nation and we are going to pursue it with the ICC."

Pakistan's players have reacted with anger and attributed the blackout to politics and Butt had already expressed his disappointment. Echoing these views, Pakistan sports minister Ijaz Jhakrani has now termed the exclusion of Pakistan players "a serious issue."

Full Story: PCB to lodge complaint with ICC
Back to top Go down
carlton12
Legend
carlton12

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:55 pm

Christian's chance to impress

Quote :
Chairman of selectors Andrew Hilditch says Dan Christian has the chance to book a ticket to the ICC World Twenty20 in May if he can 'seize his opportunity' in upcoming matches.

With Australia to play the West Indies in Hobart on Sunday and Sydney on Tuesday, the 26-year-old former New South Welshman was the new face in a 14-man squad named by Australian selectors on Wednesday for those matches.

http://cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=news-display&id=20298

Great news for Christian. He's had a very good season for South Australia with bat and ball. I really hope he gets a game here, it will be interesting to see how he goes.
Back to top Go down
carlton12
Legend
carlton12

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:57 pm

Nannes retires from first-class cricket

http://www.cricketvictoria.com.au/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=29008;group_name=mainsite

Sad Sad to see him go from the First-class scene but hopefully we see him taking wickets in the shorter form of the game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:06 pm

Prelim squad named for World T20

Cricket Australia today announced its preliminary 30-player men’s and women’s squads for the ICC World Twenty20 to be played in the Caribbean from late April to mid May.

Michael Clarke (NSW)
George Bailey (TAS)
Travis Birt (TAS)
Doug Bollinger (NSW)
Nathan Bracken (NSW)
Daniel Christian (SA)
Ben Cutting (QLD)
Xavier Doherty (TAS)
Brad Haddin (NSW)
Ryan Harris (QLD)
John Hastings (VIC)
Nathan Hauritz (NSW)
Moises Henriques (NSW)
Brad Hodge (VIC)
James Hopes (QLD)
David Hussey (VIC)
Mike Hussey (WA)
Mitchell Johnson (WA)
Brett Lee (NSW)
Andrew McDonald (VIC)
Shaun Marsh (WA)
Clint McKay (VIC)
Dirk Nannes (VIC)
Tim Paine (TAS)
Steven Smith (NSW)
Shaun Tait (SA)
Adam Voges (WA)
David Warner (NSW)
Shane Watson (NSW)
Cameron White (VIC)

http://www.cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=news-display&id=20439

Squad looks pretty spot-on to me, awesome to see guys like Bailey, Cutting, Doherty, Hastings, Hodge and McDonald rewarded for their good domestic form this season. Good to see Lee, Bracken and Hodge back in the squad, hopefully they can push their claims for selection. Henriques is the only one I'm surprised with, as he hasn't been that great with bat or ball for NSW this season.
Back to top Go down
carlton12
Legend
carlton12

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:32 am

Yep that squad looks pretty solid to me. Your review is spot on as well i think. Hodgey! It's about time!! I really hope he gets a go.

The following players I think are worthy of a position are:

Chris Simpson - He's been a very solid One-day/Twenty20 cricketer for the Bulls. He is good with the ball and is deadly with the bat.
Aaron Heal - One of the best Twenty20 bowlers in Australia in my opinion. He is extremely economical and picks up wickets.

Very happy to see Doherty and Hastings in there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
carlton12
Legend
carlton12

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:57 pm

Sheffield Shield Final could be axed

The Sheffield Shield final could be cut from Australia's domestic season in two years as Cricket Australia continues to search for ways to expand the Twenty20 Big Bash. Squeezing a longer Twenty20 tournament in would make it difficult to keep same amount of games in the Sheffield Shield and FR Cup.

One option is to scrap the first-class final and instead award the trophy to the state that finishes on top of the table after the ten regular rounds. The five-day decider was only introduced in 1982-83 and the enormous advantage of hosting - the home team needs only to draw to win the title - has caused some dull finals dominated by ridiculously high scores.

"There's obviously been discussion around the traps," Tony Dodemaide, Cricket Victoria's chief executive, told the Herald Sun. "To expand the T20, the alternatives are to extend the season or to find room, and trimming either the Shield or one-day cricket are the only alternatives. The other thing to take into account with the Shield final is that six venues have to make provision for staging it, but five of them wind up idle in the end."

Cricket Australia wants to fit in more Big Bash matches from 2011-12, without impinging on the international calendar or, if possible, the Sheffield Shield. One suggestion was to start the four-day competition in northern Australia early in the season, when southern venues could be too wet, although it wasn't an idea that pleased Australia's captain Ricky Ponting.

http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/451101.html

In my opinion the Big Bash format is good as it is at the moment. But since CA definitely want to expand the Big Bash I reckon this is a good way to do this. The Shield Final most of the time ends in a draw and can be quite boring. It is not needed in my opinion.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:25 am

Here is a pic I stumbled across. I don't know how true it is, but it wouldn't surprise me.

General Cricket Chat Watto10

The guy obviously needs photoshop, still it gets his point across.
Back to top Go down
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:14 pm

Dilshan signs on for New South Wales

Tillakaratne Dilshan, the explosive Sri Lanka batsman, has signed with New South Wales for next summer's Twenty20 domestic competition. New South Wales won the Champions League Twenty20 last year but did not requalify for the lucrative tournament and have wasted no time in securing a big name to partner the likes of David Warner and Phillip Hughes.

Dilshan is currently with the Delhi Daredevils in the IPL, is signed up with the English county Sussex, and has also played for New Zealand's Northern Districts this season. Dave Gilbert, the New South Wales chief executive, said Dilshan was one of the world's most destructive batsmen in the format.

"We look forward to him playing a leading role in helping New South Wales win next season's Big Bash and thereby qualifying for the Champions League," Gilbert said. Dilshan, 33, has played 60 Tests, 174 ODIs and 23 T20 internationals for Sri Lanka.

http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/452024.html

Massive signing for NSW, he is one of the best Twenty20 players in the world. Imagine him and Warner opening the batting, that would be amazing!! Can't wait for next season's Big Bash!! Grin
Back to top Go down
carlton12
Legend
carlton12

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:34 pm

Yeah I heard that this deal was in the making. That's epic for NSW. Dilshan is a top player.

I've heard that Warner might be playing for Victoria next season though seaeagles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 2:59 pm

Hamish Marshall sets sights on Ireland

Hamish Marshall, the former New Zealand batsman, is aiming to resume his international career with Ireland when he qualifies in April 011 through holding an Irish passport.

Marshall, 31, played the last of 66 ODIs against Ireland at the 2007 World Cup and subsequently turned down a New Zealand contract so that he could continue his county career with Gloucestershire as a non-overseas and also oined the ICL. As well as adding to his international caps, Marshall is also eyeing a coaching role in Irish cricket, which is currently laying out a bid to be a Full Member of ICC.

"I certainly love playing county cricket with Gloucestershire, and plan to do so for some time yet," he said. "However I miss international cricket, and being an Irish passport holder, there's hopefully an opportunity to combine both with Ireland. There's the added attraction of getting involved on the coaching side of things which is important as I look to my future."

Marshall's switch to Ireland would need ICC approval and wouldn't come in time for next year's World Cup, but coach Phil Simmons believes it could benefit the game at many levels.

"It would be a great boost for Irish cricket to have a player of the calibre of Hamish Marshall available," Simmons said. "We would intend to make use of his talent not just on the field, but within all our coaching structures. It's our plan to have Hamish involved with our youth, women' and elite squads, and that can only be good for Irish cricket."

Ireland are currently exploring ways of strengthening their squad which has lost the services of Eoin Morgan to England, following the path of Ed Joyce. However, Joyce recently revealed he was considering resuming his Ireland career having been overlooked by England since the 2007 World Cup.
Back to top Go down
carlton12
Legend
carlton12

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:37 pm

Tait out for two months

Australian fast bowler Shaun Tait had arthroscopic surgery on his right elbow on Friday and will be unable to play for two months.

Tait played the last of his three Tests in January 2008 against India, and he subsequently announced his retirement from the long form of the game to concentrate on limited overs cricket.

The 27-year-old had surgery on the elbow back in 2007 and it is thought he may have aggravated the same injury.

"Shaun Tait underwent corrective elbow surgery this afternoon for a chronic elbow complaint and his return to cricket will be determined by the speed of his recovery from surgery," said Cricket Australia Doctor Trefor James.

"It is not anticipated he will be able to play within the next two months."

The Adelaide-born quick has 46 wickets from 25 one day internationals and 26 wickets from his 17 Twenty20 internationals.

He represents the South Australian Redbacks in the Champions League Twenty20 competition.

http://cricket.com.au/news-display/Tait-out-for-two-months/21955

Aww, not good to here at all.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:02 pm

New Zealand lose to Bangladesh in a one-dayer
Back to top Go down
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:24 pm

The Tank wrote:
New Zealand lose to Bangladesh in a one-dayer

The Bangas are now playing for a 4-0 whitewash of the series. Shakib is a freak, 106 runs and 3 wickets in the last ODI, and still only 23. They did it without Tamim Iqbal too who was named test player of the year by Wisden Cricketer, and he is only 21. Most of their players are in their early 20s, they are definitely making their way up in world cricket and will be a great side in a few years time.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:26 pm

It's not like they're playing anyone decent Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 5:22 pm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/shane-warne-offers-to-lend-assistance-to-out-of-form-australia-bowler-nathan-hauritz/story-fn2mcu3x-1225939015741

^Even just a couple of sessions with the spin king could do wonders for Hauritz (confidence wise), here's hoping the offer is accepted and Warnie can work his magic.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 5:36 pm

pretty sure we should just pull warnie out of retirement and fix all of our spinning problems haha
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:39 pm

Chris Gayle is a freakshow
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:20 pm

Beckham wrote:
Chris Gayle is a freakshow

Indeed.

On 333 runs against SL but the team only has 5 wickets in hand.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:26 pm

God I'm good at jinxing this week I jinxed Brent Tate and now I've done Chris Gayle

Mendis to Gayle, OUT, 95.0 kph, bowled 'em! the flat and quick one on the stumps gets him, he was a little late on it, and it rushed through the gap between bat and pad to crash into middle stump, the Lankans shake hands with Chris as he walks back to the pavilion, end of a superb innings, he falls one short of the Don
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:09 pm

Wow. Check out the last picture, of the WACA pitch two days ago... Shocked

http://www.cricketnsw.com.au/news-display/2nd-X1-close-to-defeat-in-Perth/22706
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Chat   General Cricket Chat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Cricket Chat
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next