Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

SBW & Mark Gasnier

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

SBW & Mark Gasnier Empty
PostSubject: SBW & Mark Gasnier   SBW & Mark Gasnier Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:02 pm

The 2011 Super 15 season is obviously a long time away, but it's likely both SBW and Mark Gasnier will move to a Super 15 club, to increase their chances of getting selected for the World Cup.

Which team's do you think will target both players and which team, do you think will end up signing them?

How do you guys rate their chances of getting selected for the World Cup?

Thoughts. . .

Last edited by Panthers on Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

SBW & Mark Gasnier Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBW & Mark Gasnier   SBW & Mark Gasnier Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:10 pm

It'll be the super 15 in 2011 Very Happy

Anyway, I think both have a decent chance of playing Super rugby, especially with the new Melbourne based side coming into the comp.

However SBW won't be playing in the World Cup, the depth in NZ midfield is too strong, and he is still yet to prove himself.

I reckon Gas has a decent chance, they could do with a new center.I prefer Ioane on the wing and Mortlock is getting on.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

SBW & Mark Gasnier Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBW & Mark Gasnier   SBW & Mark Gasnier Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:20 pm

Hendo Maroon wrote:
It'll be the super 15 in 2011 Very Happy

Anyway, I think both have a decent chance of playing Super rugby, especially with the new Melbourne based side coming into the comp.

However SBW won't be playing in the World Cup, the depth in NZ midfield is too strong, and he is still yet to prove himself.

I reckon Gas has a decent chance, they could do with a new center.I prefer Ioane on the wing and Mortlock is getting on.

Ah yes, correct. Embarassed

Yeah, I really think the new Melbourne franchise will target Gasnier, but Ewen McKenzie has also come out and said he wants Gaz at the Reds in 2011.

I know it's tough to predict things such as this, but which club do you think SBW will end up at if he does move to the Super 15?

Hendo Maroon

SBW & Mark Gasnier Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBW & Mark Gasnier   SBW & Mark Gasnier Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:36 pm

I think if he was to play for an NZ franchise, it would be the Blues. But I think he's most likely to play in Melbourne. Imagine a Gaz SBW midfield, potential to be very dangerous.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

SBW & Mark Gasnier Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBW & Mark Gasnier   SBW & Mark Gasnier Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:59 am

Agree with Hendo - if SBW comes to NZ (as he'll have to if he wants a chance at the ABs) then it will be to the Blues.

I can see Melborne targetting him but dunno if he'll take it...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
40/20
Professional
40/20

SBW & Mark Gasnier Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBW & Mark Gasnier   SBW & Mark Gasnier Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:29 am

Pantherus wrote:
Agree with Hendo - if SBW comes to NZ (as he'll have to if he wants a chance at the ABs) then it will be to the Blues.

I can see Melborne targetting him but dunno if he'll take it...

I think it'll depend on whether the NZRU relaxes its eligibility rules and allows players within any SANZAR competiton to still be eligible for the AB's. I know its been brought up a few times recently and it makes a lot of sense.

But if they dont, then I think he'll end up at the Blues or stay in Europe. The Blues are the only franchise in NZ with enough commercial clout to come up with a decent enough package, like they pitched to Carter, plus there's the obvious family connections.

I'd personally love to see him play 13 alongside Toeava at 12. That could potentially be absolutely lethal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SBW & Mark Gasnier Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBW & Mark Gasnier   SBW & Mark Gasnier Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SBW & Mark Gasnier
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com