Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Jim Caldwell

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Jim Caldwell Empty
PostSubject: Jim Caldwell   Jim Caldwell Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:42 am

Jim Caldwell has pretty much thrown away the opportunity for the 2009 Indianapolis Colts to be seen as one of the best ever teams in NFL history. He disappointed and infuriated fans in how he threw away an almost certain 16-0 season which only one other team has done before and as we all know, they didn’t go all the way. Resting players 2 weeks before the playoffs even started, which is 3 weeks until our next game against a good team, indicating that going 16-0 wasn’t the main priority of the team. Now I understand that the main priority for every team is to win the super bowl, above going 16-0, above breaking a record and above being the MVP, but becoming one of the best, without overly ruining our super bowl chances was there and IMO, we have only made our chances slimmer by resting these players.

Indianapolis have been seen in the 2000s as a team that has continually choked. We have finished our season earlier than our regular season performances suggested and this is not because of any curse or choking characteristic that Manning has, it’s mainly because we have rested players going into the playoffs when we already have the first round bye, only to cause us to play rusty and drop out of the playoffs. If we are resting players in Week 16, when our first playoff game is in the divisional playoffs, how does that help an offense that depends on timing so much?

The 2007 New England Patriots were the first 16-0 team and arguably the best team ever. They had a great all-round defence from stopping the pass to shutting down the run, a record breaking QB, a record breaking WR and the best coach in the league. Most would agree that they were a far more superior team to the 2009 Colts. The only thing that the Patriots did wrong was leave their worst for last. The Colts had the chance to do one better than the Patriots in going 19-0 but played it safe. If they had become the first team to go 19-0, the 2009 Colts would have been the best ever.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Jim Caldwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Caldwell   Jim Caldwell Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:08 pm

Not happy at all about the decision to pull Manning, whilst in the lead. If we had of made it 22-10 then maybe but not at that point in the game.
14-1 looks ugly compared to 15-0.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
DB
Guru
DB

Jim Caldwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Caldwell   Jim Caldwell Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:46 pm

i think your going over the top manning.... im pretty sure they are more concerned about a superbowl victory... thats what the coaches get the big bucks for.

now imagine in a meaningless game, such as the one today, a player was injured... say that player was manning. you would be still complaining about caldwell coz he should have not risked him. its what caldwell choose to do and i think it was an ok decision.

putting the 2nd string team on wasnt a bad idea knowing an injury even to one of your starters can be a huge loss come post season... what he did today was rest some of the starters and gave some experience to the 2nd and 3rd string player for when the times are tough... other when they usually come on and the colts are just cruising.

its a pity they couldnt keep there streak going but i dont mind what caldwell did. manning and the colts will still be remembered as one of the best sides there was.

oh and dont forget the 2007 patriots when they went the season undefeated... lost the superbowl
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

Jim Caldwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Caldwell   Jim Caldwell Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Jim Caldwell throats dongs. The end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Jim Caldwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Caldwell   Jim Caldwell Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Dragon Bomber wrote:
i think your going over the top manning.... im pretty sure they are more concerned about a superbowl victory... thats what the coaches get the big bucks for.

now imagine in a meaningless game, such as the one today, a player was injured... say that player was manning. you would be still complaining about caldwell coz he should have not risked him. its what caldwell choose to do and i think it was an ok decision.

putting the 2nd string team on wasnt a bad idea knowing an injury even to one of your starters can be a huge loss come post season... what he did today was rest some of the starters and gave some experience to the 2nd and 3rd string player for when the times are tough... other when they usually come on and the colts are just cruising.

its a pity they couldnt keep there streak going but i dont mind what caldwell did. manning and the colts will still be remembered as one of the best sides there was.

oh and dont forget the 2007 patriots when they went the season undefeated... lost the superbowl

Yeah I agree. Lol ill take a Superbowl victory over 16-0 any day. Think it just pisses me off that the game we lost was against the Jets ffs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
DB
Guru
DB

Jim Caldwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Caldwell   Jim Caldwell Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:59 pm

Kvltism wrote:
Jim Caldwell throats dongs. The end.

hhmmmmm thats really, how can i put this....... helpful??? no definitely not lol

thanks for the insight kvlt
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

Jim Caldwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Caldwell   Jim Caldwell Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 5:31 pm

Any time buddy!

This thread is nothing more than a vehicle for Manning to vent his spleen about the skeleton crew getting rolled out instead of a "play to win" mentality being maintained by his Colts. Fair play, but this thread's redundant.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Jim Caldwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Caldwell   Jim Caldwell Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 5:07 am

Yeah I have calmed down since then lol.

What happenned to the Patriots did on 07' has changed the mind of every coach and NFL fan about going 19-0. Now most think that you have to loose one to win one or similar. That mindset isn't right or wrong, but looking back at the Colts history, momentum was probably what got us over the line. Resting players gets us all rusty especially when there is 3 weeks until our next big game.

I agree that it would have been Caldwell's head if someone had been injured and that it was a useless game we didn't need starters in. This could help us in the playoffs without the pressure of choking after a 16-0 season. This could have been a masterstroke by Caldwell.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

Jim Caldwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Caldwell   Jim Caldwell Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 8:16 am

Ultimately, winning a Super Bowl will make everyone forget this episode. Failing to win a Super Bowl will make it even worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jim Caldwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Caldwell   Jim Caldwell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jim Caldwell
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com