Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

My facebook group appeal

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

My facebook group appeal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My facebook group appeal   My facebook group appeal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:03 am

What I am getting at, is that our song is not 'absolutely horrible' like some are saying.
Getting up on an Olympic Podium and listening to Waltzing Matilda or God Save the Queen? Shocked

It is much better than some think, it's uplifting and makes us feel proud.
We have a great anthem, if you hate it then deal with it or leave.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: My facebook group appeal   My facebook group appeal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:19 am

I like both GSTQ (English side of me) and AAF (Aussie side). I happily sing along with pride when either anthem is played so I agree that it isnt absolutely horrible.

Deal with it or leave? My facebook group appeal - Page 2 48427. Get a grip
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

PostSubject: Re: My facebook group appeal   My facebook group appeal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:17 am

Back to top Go down
Enforcer
Guru
Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: My facebook group appeal   My facebook group appeal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:15 am

Australia needs an anthem that states who they are, and their intentions, take for example Rule Britannia (not an anthem, but all the same), or La Marseillaise (I'm French and obviously biased, but that anthem I think would scare the shit out of other anthems, and translate the lyrics as well)
Back to top Go down
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

PostSubject: Re: My facebook group appeal   My facebook group appeal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:25 am

Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: My facebook group appeal   My facebook group appeal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:41 am

Enforcer wrote:
Australia needs an anthem that states who they are, and their intentions, take for example Rule Britannia (not an anthem, but all the same), or La Marseillaise (I'm French and obviously biased, but that anthem I think would scare the shit out of other anthems, and translate the lyrics as well)

We are the pride of Brisbane town... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Enforcer
Guru
Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: My facebook group appeal   My facebook group appeal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:44 am

a_F_c wrote:
Enforcer wrote:

We are the pride of Brisbane town... Razz

F*** off afc Razz
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: My facebook group appeal   My facebook group appeal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:55 am

liam_bombers wrote:
socceroos06 wrote:
liam_bombers wrote:
socceroos06 wrote:
Its pretty shit our anthem tbh...but i will still stand and sing it with pride when its being played or sung
Look at other nations, slow anthems with a lot of heritage.
Ours is up-lifting and is enjoyable to sing.

"Our home is girt by see" Wouldn't have guessed...
1. It's Sea, not See. As in Ocean. Rolling Eyes
2. Listen to a few more anthems and I am sure you will find ones that make ours look great.

O Canada for example is an alright anthem but when I compare O Canada to Advance Australia Fair - much prefer ours.

An obvious typo...you can't compare one anthem to another, it doesnt work that way
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

PostSubject: Re: My facebook group appeal   My facebook group appeal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:46 am

Enfy in year 10 our french teacher made us sing the french anthem at the start of class every lesson. Still love it. Especially the last bit where we just screamed it pretty much
Back to top Go down
neil21
Guru
neil21

PostSubject: Re: My facebook group appeal   My facebook group appeal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:52 am

Stoke wrote:
Enfy in year 10 our french teacher made us sing the french anthem at the start of class every lesson. Still love it. Especially the last bit where we just screamed it pretty much

I wouldnt do it
Nothing against any other country but I sing my 2 countires national anthem and thats it
Back to top Go down
Enforcer
Guru
Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: My facebook group appeal   My facebook group appeal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:17 pm

Stoke wrote:

AUX ARMES CITOYENS! FORMEZ VOS BATAILLONS! MARCHONS MARCHONS!
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

PostSubject: Re: My facebook group appeal   My facebook group appeal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 4:52 am

Enforcer wrote:
Stoke wrote:

Excuse the horrid spelling but I can only spell words I learnt via eye, not via sound, so, I fail.

QU'UN SANG IMPUR! ABBREUVE NOS SILLONS!
Back to top Go down
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: My facebook group appeal   My facebook group appeal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:28 am

I dislike the jingoism and inherent nationalism present in all national anthems. These days in our increasingly globalised world there is less and less that separates us from other nations and cultures, and anthems, like flags and currencies, are becoming obsolete.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: My facebook group appeal   My facebook group appeal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 7:11 pm

Stoke wrote:
Enforcer wrote:
Stoke wrote:

Excuse the horrid spelling but I can only spell words I learnt via eye, not via sound, so, I fail.

QU'UN SANG IMPUR! ABBREUVE NOS SILLONS!

Bonjour you Bunch of cheese-eating surrender-monkeys.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My facebook group appeal   My facebook group appeal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My facebook group appeal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com