Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Favourite American Football Movie?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Favourite American Football Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:36 am

There are plenty of movies that involve American Football from College, High School and the NFL. What's your fave? I found a list of them on Wiki, some are kids movies and comedies that don't have American Football as the main subject:

- Remember The Titans
- All The Right Moves
- Rudy
- The Express
- We Are Marshall
- Any Given Sunday
- Friday Night Lights
- Air Bud: Golden Receiver
- The Blind Side
- The Comebacks
- The Game Plan
- Gridiron Gang
- Jerry McQuire
- Leatherheads
- Invincible
- The Longest Yard
- The Replacements
- Waterboy

Any others?
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:38 am

It's Jerry Maguire ...
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:39 am

1. The Longest Yard
2. Waterboy
3. Remember the Titans

Only three I have seen.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:50 am

Out of those ive seen -

Remember the Titans, Jerry Maguire, Gridiron Gang, We are Marshall, The Longest Yard, Friday Night Lights and the Waterboy. Id like to see The Express, looks pretty good if its the one im thinking of.

Remember the Titans is one of my all time favourite movies. So so good, I can watch it all day haha. I love the based on a true story films so I liked We are Marshall and Friday Night Lights as well. Im pretty sure Gridiron Gang was based on a true story as well.

Isnt The Whole Nine Yards an American Football based movie? Ive never seen it so im not too sure lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:54 am

a_F_c wrote:
Out of those ive seen -

Remember the Titans, Jerry Maguire, Gridiron Gang, We are Marshall, The Longest Yard, Friday Night Lights and the Waterboy. Id like to see The Express, looks pretty good if its the one im thinking of.

Remember the Titans is one of my all time favourite movies. So so good, I can watch it all day haha. I love the based on a true story films so I liked We are Marshall and Friday Night Lights as well. Im pretty sure Gridiron Gang was based on a true story as well.

Isnt The Whole Nine Yards an American Football based movie? Ive never seen it so im not too sure lol.

Probably the best American Football movie I've ever seen. Watched it twice yesterday. Another true story set in the 50s about a black running back going through his life from a youngster through college. I recommend it to anyone.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:59 am

Yeah ive seen it a few times in the video shop but its always been out. Next time I see it there ill defs get it out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:02 pm

I've Seen...
Remember The Titans, We Are Marshall, Any Given Sunday, Friday Night Lights, Gridiron Gang, Jerry McQuire, Leatherheads, Invincible, The Longest Yard, The Replacements and Waterboy

Also Varsity Blues is another one.

My Top 3 would be:
1. Remember The Titans
2. Any Given Sunday
3. We Are Marshall

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Top 3

1. Remember the Titans
2. We Are Marshall
3. Gridiron Gang/Friday Night Lights

Cant really say much about Longest Yard and Waterboy as they are both comedies. Great movies though but not in the same quality as the others lol.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Thats exactly how I feel aFc, comedies never rate higher than action and drama for me.

Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Not a movie but... I got the first season of Friday Night Lights today for $25 expecting BIG things
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:07 pm

Of that list, it's 'Remember The Titans'.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:17 am

Anyone seen Little Giants? Quality movie
Back to top Go down
1968vet
Professional
1968vet

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:24 am

The Longest Yard with Burt Reynolds.

It was called Mean Machine when first released in Australia as the distributors thought us Aussies would struggle with the term yard.
Back to top Go down
Crows-36
Guru
Crows-36

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:31 am

The Longest Yard.

Gridiron Gang was alright as well.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:51 am

The Best of Times is a great movie, No nonsense flick that only concentrates on Gridiron and that's it.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:54 am

Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:54 am

Brad wrote:
Anyone seen Little Giants? Quality movie

"Giants Giants Help Us God"

love that movie
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:00 am

Svoerman wrote:
Not a movie but... I got the first season of Friday Night Lights today for $25 expecting BIG things

i absolutely love the friday night series. very good buy imo

out of the movies i like we are marshall but it is a bit sad knowing it was a true story.

also liked remember the titans and gridiron gang.

i agree with hendo and afc about the comedies though. i prefer the gridiron and mostly sport movies to be more drama rather than comedies....
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:06 am

Longest Yard and Waterboy.
only ones i have seen...they were pretty good.
Back to top Go down
CANTERBURY BLUES
Professional
CANTERBURY BLUES

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Gridiron gang for me
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:02 pm

philly wrote:
Longest Yard and Waterboy.
only ones i have seen...they were pretty good.

Oh yeah, 'The Longest Yard' is also really good, and 'Any Given Sunday' is pretty good as well.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:37 pm

Watching The Longest Yard again just now on my iPod. Great movie Smile
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:39 am

saw the express not too long ago and that was a brilliant movie. i like the ones based on true stories Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:42 pm

Just watched 'The Blind Side' for the first time. For those that don't know it's a true story based on the life of Ravens offensive tackle Michael Oher. Definitely worth a watch, I really enjoyed it.

Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:47 pm

There's one movie I've got to watch, can't remember the name, but it's about a guy that is desperate to play one game of College Football for Notre Dame. Can't really remember anything else about it, but according to a mate, it's pretty darn good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite American Football Movie?   Favourite American Football Movie? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite American Football Movie?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Forumotion's free forums | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com