Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

NFL Divisional Playoffs

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Brad
Guru

NFL Divisional Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:11 am

Lets get some chatter going about this weeks games...

Arizona Cardinals @ New Orleans Saints - Sunday 17th January, 8.30am AEDT
Baltimore Ravens @ Indianapolis Colts - Sunday 17th January, 12.15pm AEDT
Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings - Monday 18th January, 5am AEDT
New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers - Monday 18th January, 8.40am AEDT

Im going Saints, Colts, Cowboys, Chargers.

Last edited by Brad on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:21 am

Cardinals, Colts, Vikings, Chargers for me.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:22 am

Cards @ Saints
Cards to win another shootout. Saints have been crap since losing to Dallas. Cards are hot right now and that will continue.

Ravens @ Colts
Ravens destroyed the Pats on the ground, expect that to happen again this week. Manning will have an average game... 300 yards - 2 TD - 2 INT. Ravens win a tight one in the 4th.

Cowboys @ Vikings
A great match-up. Dallas of the back of a crushing win over the Eagles while the Vikings can turn it on at any stage. Peterson will be the difference. Vikings win a tight one. Maybe in OT.

Jets @ Chargers
Jets may have the best rushing attack and best defence but that won't matter. Chargers are on fire right now. Chargers to win by 10-20 points in an easy win for them.
Back to top Go down
1968vet
Professional
1968vet

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:36 am

Jets in an upset.
Back to top Go down
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:56 am

Arizona Cardinals @ New Orleans Saints
Baltimore Ravens @ Indianapolis Colts
Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings
New York Jets
@ San Diego Chargers
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:56 pm

AFC -

Ravens @ Colts - The Ravens really are the sleeping giant for mine. They did the exact same thing last season coming into the Playoffs as the 6th seed and made the AFC Championship game losing to the Superbowl winning Steelers. While for the Colts, they may have had the best record in the NFL this season at 14-2, but I've been one of their biggest doubters this season and I'm sticking to my guns and picking the Ravens to upset the Colts. I think Ray Rice will have another day out. Ravens 24-20.

Jets @ Chargers - The Jets even getting this far has been a great story. Mark Sanchez in his Rookie season making it to the second week of the Playoffs has been a great story. But for mine, this San Diego Charges team is the best in the NFL, and I can see the Jets getting close, even with their great D. Charges 41-17.

NFC -

Cardinals @ Saints - The Saints go into the game having lost their last three regular season games while the Cardinals come into the game after the thrilling 51-45 OT win over the Packers. I can't help but think with last seasons Playoff experience, and the near elimination last weekend to the Cardinals, that they'll be better prepared for this game. I still think it'll be a close one, but I'm favoring the Cardinals in another high scoring game. Cardinals 31-28.

Cowboys @ Vikings - Like the Saints, I think the Vikings are in a bit of a bad patch and it's at exactly the wrong time. When the Vikings got Favre, most said this was the missing piece to them winning the Superbowl, but these Cowboys are hitting the straps at the right time, and lead by QB Tony Romo, I think will cause a minor upset and win in a low scoring game. Cowboys 17-14.

Last edited by Sparky_Hughes on Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:56 pm

Like I said in the other thread, im scared about the Ravens this week. Would have much preferred the Jets lol. Still, I have faith in my boys and ill say Colts in OT. 26-20

New Yorks run will come to an abrupt ending at the hands of SD, I think New Orleans will scrape through and the Cowboys will beat Minnesota.

As for kickoff times -
Arizona @ NO - Sunday 17th January, 8.30am AEDT
Baltimore @ Indianapolis - Sunday 17th January, 12.15pm AEDT
Dallas @ Minnesota - Monday 18th January, 5am AEDT
New York @ San Diego - Monday 18th January, 8.40am AEDT

Id say both AFC games would be on ONE HD coz they are both on CBS and the NFC games on Foxsports 1, 2 or 3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:13 am

Ravens @ Colts

Of course I'm going Colts. Yes, our run defense is still shit and they have Rice who ran over the Pats. Manning hasn't lost a game this year, even when he has had limited touches with the oppositions running game controlling the clock. If we can keep Ray below 100 yards and force Flacco to pass 35+ times, we should get on top. Colts 24-10

Arizona @ New Orleans
I didn't catch Arizona's game against Green Bay, but by the looks of things the defense struggled. This could turn out to be another shootout with the way the New Orleans offense has been playing all year. After 3 losses, New Orleans have had the week off to re-group and will be looking to re-gain the form they had starting off the season. Saints win 37-30

Dallas @ Minesota

Dallas are on fire and the last month for Minesota hasn't bee great if you take out the game against the Giants. Dallas are looking like a more complete team every week, with a balanced offense and a defense that isn't allowing many touchdowns. Minesota have been suspect in in the secondary and their offense hasn't been as balanced as it had been all year. I'll take Dallas 27-13.

New York Jets @ San Diego

This is just a bias call from a Colts fan not wanting to face San Diego on the road to the superbowl. San Diego have won 11 straight now and are looking more balanced on both sides of the ball than probably every team in the playoffs. They are a much more experienced team when it comes to playoff football and should be able to run away with it if they play as they have all year. The Jets have the best overall defense and rushing attack and are able to control the clock and depend little on Sanchez on their day. I just hope this is their day. Hoping for a 17-7 win for NYJ.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:31 am

if the Colts shut down the run early the Ravens are screwed.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:50 am

liam_bombers wrote:
Cardinals, Colts, Vikings, Chargers for me.
Now for my explanation:

Cardinals have been on fire and have momentum. Not many sides score 51 points in a game. Saints have been in a form slump and they need to get themselves out of it and quickly if they are to stop the Cards.
My Tip: Arizona over New Orleans 31-28.

Colts sacrificed the perfect season for a shot at the Superbowl and shouldn't let this slip.
Ravens are running hot after beating the Patriots last week. But let's not forget the Ravens almost missed playoffs and the Colts were at one time fighting for a perfect season. Colts should win by a TD or two.
My Tip: Indianapolis over Baltimore 21-7

Vikings have, like the Saints, been in a slump while the Cowboys have been on fire. But at the Metrodome in Minneapolis, the Cowboys choking curse will finally catch up with them.
My Tip: Minnesota over Dallas 35-14

Chargers are a great team and are capable of doing a lot of damage. Up against the over-rated Jets who have only managed to beat the emotionally tattered Bengals and the rested Colts.
My Tip: San Diego over New York Jets 42-10
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:56 am

Jets have one of the best Ds in the league, they won't have 42 put on them this week
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:11 am

i can see the Jets getting a pile of points stacked against them.
Chargers offence will be too much for the Jets defence.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:24 am

The Jets have the #1 defense and are coached by one of the best defensive minds in the league. The Chargers are ranked 4th in points and 10th in yards. They have a Top 5 offense, but I wouldn't rate them as high as putting 42 points on the board against a team with Darrelle Revis, Bart Scott etc.

A lot of people are taking the chances of an upset in this game very lightly. They seem to not look past Sanchez's TD-INT differential. Darrelle Revis v Vincent Jackson will be very interesting. Rivers' top target against the best shutdown corner in the league. Malcom Floyd and Antonio Gates could be in for big games with Jackson out of the game.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:40 am

i can see Gates getting 100-150 yards.

i doubt the Chargers will get over 40 but they should get 25-35 points.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:06 pm

If the Chargers are going to win, it will come by punching in short-range runs and maybe hitting Gates in the red-zone for a TD. The muppets on ESPN are writing off the Jets at their own peril. I know that Sanchez isn't ~incredible, but he has a great running game, some decent receiving options and a really stout defensive unit to help him out.

The Jets-Chargers game looks like a really promising match-up to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:50 pm

Manning18 wrote:
The Jets have the #1 defense and are coached by one of the best defensive minds in the league. The Chargers are ranked 4th in points and 10th in yards. They have a Top 5 offense, but I wouldn't rate them as high as putting 42 points on the board against a team with Darrelle Revis, Bart Scott etc.

A lot of people are taking the chances of an upset in this game very lightly. They seem to not look past Sanchez's TD-INT differential. Darrelle Revis v Vincent Jackson will be very interesting. Rivers' top target against the best shutdown corner in the league. Malcom Floyd and Antonio Gates could be in for big games with Jackson out of the game.

Rivers is a quality QB and they have good receivers. Plus, they're the form team in the NFL. I know I'm expecting a 41-17 result might seem high, but they're on a roll at the moment and I don't think the Jets are stopping them.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:34 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Manning18 wrote:

Rivers is a quality QB and they have good receivers. Plus, they're the form team in the NFL. I know I'm expecting a 41-17 result might seem high, but they're on a roll at the moment and I don't think the Jets are stopping them.

Quality receivers will mean nothing when it comes to the Jets. It doesn't matter who you have, Andre Johnson or Randy Moss, Revis will shut you down 95% of the time. That's why I think it will come down to someone like Gates in the redzone.

Dustin Keller is also playing great at the moment and could be a big threat in the short passing game. We'll just have to see which defense will be able to dominate on Monday.
Back to top Go down
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:15 am

ONEhd showing

Baltimore Ravens @ Indianapolis Colts
New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers

gah no Arizona NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:52 am

I think the Jets will get rolled by SD. 40 odd points imo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:56 am

a_F_c wrote:
I think the Jets will get rolled by SD. 40 odd points imo.

And I cannot wait to see it Razz

and playing in San Diego just makes it worse for the Jets.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:02 am

that will be awesome to see.
the Jets helpless as they get a hiding Smile
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:43 am

Saints are leading Arizona 38-14 iam quite enjoying it. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:47 am

83 yard touchdown to Reggie Bush and it is 45-14!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:50 am

how long has gone??

time for a Zona comeback?
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:37 am

Saints 45
Cards 14

Brees threw for 3 TD's.

Zona D let up 90 points in the 2 playoff games.
they never stood a chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs   NFL Divisional Playoffs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Divisional Playoffs
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com