Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

The True Blue thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Enforcer
Guru
Enforcer

The True Blue thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:46 am

SMASH wrote:
In Australia, it's soccer.

And for those who's background is outside of Australia?

To me, "Soccer" = Football
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:02 am

It's soccer to me, has to be. you walk up to people and say yeah football is on tonight they straight away think it's rugby league
Back to top Go down
Sprooly
Guru
Sprooly

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:03 am

each to there own
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:04 am

AFL is a non contact sport now that i've cleared that matter (jokes) It will be a great day on Tuesday to go to the Beach and celebrate a great day. if any Lebs play up on Tuesday i say remove them back to Lebanon (Only Lebs who can name the Current Kangaroo Test team can stay).
Back to top Go down
Tank
Guru
Tank

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:15 am

jtm91 wrote:
It's soccer to me, has to be. you walk up to people and say yeah football is on tonight they straight away think it's rugby league
Depends what state you live in to be honest. If you were in Vic/SA/WA and said that then they would think it's Aussie Rules.
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:32 am

Tank wrote:
jtm91 wrote:
Depends what state you live in to be honest. If you were in Vic/SA/WA and said that then they would think it's Aussie Rules.

exactly.
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:55 am

Omg who gives a shit. Football soccer football soccer! Same god damn thing! :S
Back to top Go down
Ashes
Guru
Ashes

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:00 am

Megadeecee wrote:
AFL is a non contact sport now that i've cleared that matter (jokes) It will be a great day on Tuesday to go to the Beach and celebrate a great day. if any Lebs play up on Tuesday i say remove them back to Lebanon (Only Lebs who can name the Current Kangaroo Test team can stay).

I don't know if I could name the current kangaroo test team it changed so often in the Four nations. and bloody Sheens taking Hodges off after 30 in the final for the hack Gidley was so bad...
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:02 am

Caity wrote:
Omg who gives a shit. Football soccer football soccer! Same god damn thing! :S

i agree with caity, its definitely football
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:03 am

Soccer's a decent anaesthetic ...
Back to top Go down
Crows-36
Guru
Crows-36

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:07 am

It's football...not soccer. Hence why the governing body is called "Football Federation Australia".
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:08 am

Crows-36 wrote:
It's football...not soccer. Hence why the governing body is called Football Federation Australia.

Styletix wrote:
Well in aus its the Football Federation Australia... says it all really.

Yep sure is...
Back to top Go down
Ashes
Guru
Ashes

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:18 am

Socceroos
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:19 am

Ashes wrote:
Socceroos

in australia we know it as soccer not as footy
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:27 am

Football Federation Australia.. honestly it cant be made any clearer.

but please do me a favor and just check the tfw homepage, whats it there?? and while we are checking perhaps browse the foxsports website (pretty australian right) tell me what its under there...
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:30 am

Socceroos
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:31 am

Ashes wrote:
Socceroos
I'm pretty sure the name 'Socceroos' came from a journalist before the 1974 world cup as a bit of a joke and it since stuck as Australian national teams have nicknames.

These days the name 'Socceroos' is basically a brand name, that is recognisable and is known by many even non Australian football fans. Even with the move to call 'soccer' its true name football in Australia, the name 'Socceroos' was never going to change.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:32 am

Dragon Bomber wrote:
Socceroos

Matildas... are they a bunch of swag bags playing football??

lol give a team a slang name and all of a sudden thats the name of the sport..
Back to top Go down
SMASH
Guru
SMASH

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:38 am

Fox Sports header for the A-League is
A-League - A League Soccer, A League Results, A League Live Scores ...

Herald Sun has it under 'Soccer' as does The Daily Telegraph, The West Australian, The Courier Mail and The Age
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:39 am

I have always called it football more than soccer, but i have occasionally called it soccer.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:42 am

SMASH wrote:

Herald Sun has it under 'Soccer' as does The Daily Telegraph, The West Australian, The Courier Mail and The Age
They also have all the codes down as AFL, Rugby and NRL. So therefore none of the codes should be called football in this country.
Back to top Go down
Enforcer
Guru
Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:42 am

For those of us who call it "football", let us call it just that. I'm sure Europe, the Americas (except USA), Africas and Asia would back our choice.
Back to top Go down
SMASH
Guru
SMASH

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:44 am

Fuzzy wrote:
SMASH wrote:

They also have all the codes down as AFL, Rugby and NRL. So therefore none of the codes should be called football in this country.
That's a pretty simple way of having it, but NRL and AFL are not sports or codes Cool
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:44 am

SMASH wrote:

however the A-League is under the heading Football lol.. when the biggest coverage of sport in this country has it under Football, then theres really no argument...
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:47 am

i have no problem with what people prefer to call it.. whether its football or soccer, i dont mind. all im saying is that as of January 1st 2005, it has been officially known as football in this country.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The True Blue thread   The True Blue thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The True Blue thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com