Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Superbowl XLIV Winner?
New Orleans in OT
Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Vote_lcap18%Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
New Orleans over 4 Qtrs.
Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Vote_lcap45%Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Indianapolis over 4 Qtrs.
Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Vote_lcap36%Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Indianapolis in OT
Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Vote_lcap0%Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Empty
PostSubject: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:33 am

Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts New_Orleans_Saints_helmet_rightface vs Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Indianapolis_Colts_helmet_rightface

Sun Life Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
Sunday 7th February 2010, 6.30pm (10.30am AEDT)

Here we are then, Superbowl 44. We've still got the Pro Bowl to go through first this weekend but I think the eyes of most NFL fans are on the Superbowl. The 2 number 1 seeds from the AFC and NFC come together in Miami, Indy coming in with a 14-2 record, New Orleans with a 13-3 record. In the playoffs Indy disposed of Baltimore 20-3 and the Jets 30-17. New Orleans easily beat Arizona 45-14 and then came out on top of the Vikings in a fantastic game, 31-28 in OT. It is the Saint's first ever Superbowl appearance having fallen one game short in 2006, losing to the Bears in the NFC Title Game. This is the Colt's 4th Superbowl appearance as either Baltimore or Indianapolis and interestingly enough, all 4 of their Superbowl games have taken place in Miami. The Colts are 2-1 in Superbowl history. The Who has been named as the halftime entertainment, should be a reasonable show although they have alot to liveup to after Bruse Springsteen's show at last years Superbowl.

As for the game, I think Indianapolis will win in a reasonably high scoring affiar. Peyton Manning and Drew Brees both have the capability and the receivers available to turn this game into a shootout imo and whilst it wont be like the Cardinals v Packers Wild Card game I can see alot of TDs scored here. Id give the edge in the passing department to the Colts, what more can be said about Manning? Whilst Brees is a brilliant QB, I still think Peyton is better in high pressure situations at this point. Im sure Drew and the Saints will have other oppurtunities over the years.

My Tip - 31-23 Colts.

This could be a little bit early but tbh I dont care too much for the Pro Bowl so I thought we could get an early start on the Superbowl talk Wink.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:42 am

Sorry a_f_c, Manning18 and co, but I am going Saints to win their first SB.
The feeling of it being the franchise's first superbowl will lift them.

New Orleans 24-21.
Yet another winning field goal in OT.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:04 am

I think the Colts will win, but my allegiances will be with the Saints.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:06 am

Saints but by not much.
i just feel like they want/need it more.
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:26 am

liam_bombers wrote:

New Orleans 24-21.

I like it. Hartley in OT would be so bloody awesome.

So far, my mum has not been convinced to give me the Superbowl off. And now because I have asked already a sicky will be hard. It is the day after my sisters b'day so maybe I could eat too much cake Razz

I know I have not been a Saints fan for very long, although I have always loved the place of New Orleans. And knowing what they have been through with Katrina, it is so good to be in the Superbowl. I am hoping that knowing that we have made our first ever Superbowl will lift us and we will get it done. I hope I can get the day off, but if not I have someone who will be giving me updates and I will probably get sent out of the room for cheering from text updates Razz Looking forward to it so much and if I can get the day off to watch it I will be so happy.

Cmon Saints, Katrina can't stop you now! Go all the way!!

Who Dat!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:45 am

Here we are, Superbowl!

If Manning plays close to what he was last week, we should get over New Orleans. You might be able to stop him for one quarter, possibly two, but you can't take the MVP out of the whole game. We haven't lost a game where we wanted to win this year, which makes me more confident.

I don't expect the running game to be a huge factor. The Colts have barely got over 100 rushing yards in a game (Last week would be the first all year) and New Orleans are another team that can stray away from their running game easily. The showdown of 2 of the most prolific passing teams will look to be a factor.

Derensively, the Colts have one of the fastest defense in the NFL. Dwight Freeney is a concern leading into the game, which could cause a problem for Robert Mathis with extra concentration on keeping him out of the game. Bethea is also one of the best coverage safeties in the NFL and is in doubt for the game. This could leave a massive hole on the whole defense if our best pass rusher and just one starter left of our defensive backs.

And philly, Every team wants to win the superbowl, we gave up a perfect season for it!

Hoping for a good game, but another ring to Manning and Superbowl MVP award. Wayne to get 120+ yards against a weak cornerback combination at New Orleans and Addai to end the game with 100+ rushing yards. Manning for 350 passing yards and 4 TDs.

Yes, I'm confident.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:20 am

DaneSwan#36 wrote:
liam_bombers wrote:

New Orleans 24-21.

I like it. Hartley in OT would be so bloody awesome.

So far, my mum has not been convinced to give me the Superbowl off. And now because I have asked already a sicky will be hard. It is the day after my sisters b'day so maybe I could eat too much cake Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_razz

I know I have not been a Saints fan for very long, although I have always loved the place of New Orleans. And knowing what they have been through with Katrina, it is so good to be in the Superbowl. I am hoping that knowing that we have made our first ever Superbowl will lift us and we will get it done. I hope I can get the day off, but if not I have someone who will be giving me updates and I will probably get sent out of the room for cheering from text updates Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_razz Looking forward to it so much and if I can get the day off to watch it I will be so happy.

Cmon Saints, Katrina can't stop you now! Go all the way!!

Who Dat!

Youve been back how long and had a sicky already? Laughing
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:45 am

Went back two days ago haha.

Oh well it is Superbowl, I have to have a sicky Laughing
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:20 am

Agreed lol. I sickied on SB Monday in Yr 10, 11 and 12 Razz. I wouldnt get away with it now I dont think coz my Dad wasnt really aware of NFL much back then and didnt pick up on what day it was haha.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:45 am

4 days to go, hoping to get a sicky...
It was on the day before school started last year so I didn't need to worry.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:54 am

liam_bombers wrote:
4 days to go, hoping to get a sicky...
It was on the day before school started last year so I didn't need to worry.

Yeah I think I might have Tafe Monday, but I've already organized to go to a mates house with a few other boys. We're starting at 7am and getting smashed, should be great.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:11 am

I've heard it will be another wet superbowl like 2007. It won't be good news for the shoot-out expected.
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:15 am

a_F_c wrote:
Agreed lol. I sickied on SB Monday in Yr 10, 11 and 12 Razz. I wouldnt get away with it now I dont think coz my Dad wasnt really aware of NFL much back then and didnt pick up on what day it was haha.

Well lets see if I can go through high school with taking a sickie in Yr 9, 10, 11, 12 Razz

Still working on what to do. Dunno if I should ask or again, or hope mum has forgotting me asking and pretend to be sick. Doing it that way though if dad saw updates on his phone when he checks things and texts me about it things could go bad Razz
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:35 am

Brian Baldinger
Pick: Colts, 31-23

The Colts have been the best team from start to finish, and are led by the best player in the league at the most critical position. If this game turns into a shootout, I want the ball in Peyton Manning's hands.
Brian Billick
Pick: Colts, 31-27

If Dwight Freeney does not play, this game gets placed in the pick-'em category. This should be a track meet, with the team that has the ball last being the winner. I'm not sure New Orleans can put enough pressure on Manning.

Gil Brandt
Pick: Colts, 34-31

Two reasons the Colts will win: Manning might be the greatest QB of all-time; and second, of the 27 teams that played in the game for the first time, 19 have lost. Four of the wins were done by teams with a Hall of Fame coach and quarterback.
Bucky Brooks
Pick: Colts, 27-17

Peyton Manning's ability to exploit defenses makes the Colts offense nearly impossible to stop. The Saints will keep it close for a half, but eventually Manning will make Gregg Williams' defense pay for bringing a lot of pressure.
Vic Carucci
Pick: Colts, 27-24

Peyton Manning has owned the 2009 season. Why should the Super Bowl be any different? He is in a zone unlike any he has been in during his career. The Colts defense should be able to hold its own enough to allow Manning to make plays.
Fran Charles

The Colts' underrated defense has finally jumped into lock-step with their offense. Indy's defense gave up the fewest number of plays over 20 yards all season (36), and even without Dwight Freeney, that's not likely to change.
Stacey Dales

Experience wins out in this one. Manning is possessed. As much as I love the storyline surrounding the Saints, another complete 53-man effort from the Colts wins it. The Colts have 19 undrafted players on their roster; they're a true team.
Charles Davis
Pick: Colts, 31-21

Indy's ability to take care of the ball will be key vs. a Saints defense that was dented for big yardage by the Vikings, but capitalized on five turnovers. The Colts' defensive speed could be key, but the injury to Dwight Freeney gives me pause.
Jamie Dukes
Pick: Colts

Are the Saints a team of destiny or is this the next step for Peyton Manning as he tries to matriculate up the pole of greatness? The Saints rely too much on turnovers for me to pick them over the Colts, who do a good job of not killing themselves.

Scott Hanson
Pick: Colts

The Colts won every game they tried to win this season. Granted, they were losing in the fourth quarter in seven games ... but they won them all. I can't help but think it will be similar against the Saints.

Michael Irvin
Pick: Undecided

In my mind, I can't put anyone above the greatness of Peyton Manning. My mind says Colts. But I also understand the importance of emotion in a football game. I love what Manning is, but this thing in New Orleans is huge. The Saints have my heart.

Pat Kirwan
Pick: Saints, 31-30

It's going to be a high-scoring game with the point total a little over 60. The lead will change six or seven times. And the Saints' red-zone defense will force enough field goals instead of touchdowns for New Orleans to grab the victory.
Jason La Canfora
Pick: Saints, 31-28

I'm going to continue to go with my gut over my head. New Orleans scores a defensive touchdown, Reggie Bush is big in the return game and the Saints win the turnover battle. Darren Sharper as the game's MVP perhaps?
Michael Lombardi
Pick: Colts, 27-20

The Saints are a formidable opponent for the Colts, but the difference in the game is Peyton Manning. Drew Brees is the best quarterback the Colts have faced all year, but Manning is the best QB the Saints have faced as well. Manning is always the difference.
Steve Mariucci
Pick: Colts, 31-24

I see two high-scoring offenses going up and down the field in a very exciting game. Two great offenses against two vulnerable defenses. I think any turnovers in this game will be huge, because either offense can score quickly on a short field.
Bob Papa
Pick: Saints, 30-26

It's hard to pick against Peyton Manning -- ever. But Dwight Freeney's injury levels the playing field, and the Saints secondary is as healthy as it has been since midseason. The Saints have won so many dramatic games. Destiny has arrived at New Orleans' doorstep.
Warren Sapp
Pick: Saints, 24-21

Two premier QBs in this game, and a pair of defenses that will need to pressure them. Without a premier rusher up front, the Saints will need to find a way to get disrupt Manning. Let's see if Gregg Williams can dial up something that Manning hasn't seen, and maybe the Saints get a turnover late.
Steve Wyche
Pick: Colts, 31-28

Peyton Manning's ability to get his offense playing its best in the fourth quarter pays off again. Tight end Dallas Clark could have a huge game. The Saints stand a good chance if their special teams hits a few big plays. Mike Bell is an X-factor.

Here are the experts tips from NFL.com. I'm starting to get nervous....
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:43 am

Two days to go.
My stomach is starting to ache...Razz
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:54 am

What are people doing for the Superbowl?

I'm going to a mates place, we're starting the booze at 8am, and going from their. Also a BBQ later in the day, should be good.

Also, if you're not in Year 12, there's no excuse for missing this game!!
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:05 am

I'm getting the day off. Dad's always said that if your teams in it you'll get the day off. I've been hoping for someone else to get the day off, but looks like no one else will get it.

I'll be at home updating other people via texts.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:08 am

At home by myself with a packet of Twisties.
I don't know anyone who follows it enough to watch it with me Sad
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:10 am

liam_bombers wrote:
+1
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:11 am

liam_bombers wrote:

Stiff, I've got four mates that love it. One is a shattered Jets fan, the other is a Giants fan, another is a Jaguars man like myself, and the last one I wouldn't have a clue haha.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:22 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
liam_bombers wrote:

Stiff, I've got four mates that love it. One is a shattered Jets fan, the other is a Giants fan, another is a Jaguars man like myself, and the last one I wouldn't have a clue haha.

Tell him HA! for me Laughing
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:37 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
liam_bombers wrote:

I've got a few and I've been the main factor behind some following the sport. My Dad is an Eagles fan and my brothers are Cowboys and Pats fans. I've got mates who are Cards, Titans, Chiefs, Pats, Niners, Giants, Eagles, Bears and Dolphins. Some are lightly followed, but I know about 5 or 6 that get really into it.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:43 pm

I dont know enough people to get into it either Sad. Sucks. Ill be at home by myself yelling though Grin.

Reading those expert's tips has made me feel nervous though.

Lets gooooooo COLTS!
Back to top Go down
CM_STEELERS
Professional
CM_STEELERS

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:22 am

i put 20 on saints. 17 point win 2moro
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:25 am

Manning18 wrote:
Sparky_Hughes wrote:
liam_bombers wrote:

I've got a few and I've been the main factor behind some following the sport. My Dad is an Eagles fan and my brothers are Cowboys and Pats fans. I've got mates who are Cards, Titans, Chiefs, Pats, Niners, Giants, Eagles, Bears and Dolphins. Some are lightly followed, but I know about 5 or 6 that get really into it.
your dad is a very smart man.
what happened with you?? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts   Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Superbowl XLIV - New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com