Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Empty
PostSubject: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:39 am

OUR BIG 10 IN 2010: [FOXSPORTS.COM]

1. NSW to save State of Origin
With Queensland having won the past four Origin series, New South Wales are staring down the barrel of interstate embarrassment. But the Blues will draw confidence from winning last year's dead-rubber in Queensland and have the advantage of playing two games in Sydney this year. Combine that with the uncertainty over ageing Maroons captain Darren Lockyer and the code-switch of Karmichael Hunt, and the Blues will bounce back in 2010.

2. Bad boys to come good
Two of the NRL's serial villains, Todd Carney and Greg Bird, return this season, and if all goes to plan both will be heavily in contention for NSW selection. Carney's self-imposed booze ban will allow fans to see the best of him at Sydney Roosters. Meanwhile, Bird is a huge acquisition for Gold Coast Titans, who will firm as title contenders if he can conjure a good partnership with halfback Scott Prince. The 26-year-old has performed for the Blues at Origin level before and is a good bet to fight it out with Carney for the five-eighth position.

3. Get on Ennis for the Dally M
The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Ennis180
Darkhorse ... Ennis on the verge of great things. Gregg Porteous
After four clubs in his first seven seasons, it's easy to forget Michael Ennis is only 25 and yet to play his best football. After finding a home at Canterbury-Bankstown and thriving in partnership with Brett Kimmorley, Ennis is now a bona-fide leader with a premiership contender. With halves and hookers dominating Dally M honours until Jarryd Hayne bucked the trend last year, expect Ennis to show up perennial favourites Cameron Smith and Robbie Farah as the game's premier rake.

4. South Sydney: "On my signal, unleash hell"
We don't know how much Russell Crowe had to do with it, but Souths have acquired a gladiatorial forward pack. The addition of England star Sam Burgess and former Broncos powerhouse Dave Taylor means the Rabbits will look more like lions when they take the field in 2010. Burgess tore into Australia in last year's Four Nations, while Taylor's form at the end of 2009 had Broncos fans crying "don't go". With former Cronulla prop Ben Ross also joining Roy Asotasi and Michael Crocker, the Rabbitohs are primed to muscle their way deep into the finals.

5. Tahu and Tuqiri - T-T-Terrific
The frustration Timana Tahu endured from a mixed two-year stint in rugby is sure to be taken out on opposition defenders. The 29-year-old looks set to reclaim his status as one of the game's best centres, and his return will give the Eels every chance to go one better. Lote Tuqiri has filled out into a power winger since his code-switch, having not played in the NRL since 2002. The dual international is likely to play centre instead of fullback, and he should form a formidable left-side combination with Taniela Tuiaki.

6. Panthers on the move
Penrith haven't had much to cheer about in recent times, but a bunch of bargain recruits should see them push for a top-eight position for the first time since 2004. Former Wests Tigers enigma Daine Laurie has bulked up under new coach Matt Elliott, and is joined by former Canberra tackling-machine Nigel Plum. You can mark down hooker Kevin Kingston, who was instrumental in Parramatta's run to the 2009 grand final, as a contender for buy of the year. The club haven't ignored the backline either, picking up Travis Burns from the Cowboys, and adding handy speedsters Adrian Purtell, from Canberra, and former Cronulla winger David Simmons.

7. Eels to exact revenge

The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Smith
Benchmark ... will anyone stop the Storm? Gregg Porteous
The NRL grand final is becoming a bit like the last day of a tennis grand slam - Roger Federer v who? Manly won't resume their rivalry of 2007-2008 after falling off the pace last season. Instead, the Bulldogs, St George Illawarra and Parramatta are the new heavyweight contenders. Who will be there on the first Sunday of October? Put your money on a grand final rematch, and like Manly did to Melbourne in 2008, expect the Eels to exact revenge in 2010.

8. Fall of an empire
Sorry Brisbane fans, but the Broncos are set to miss the finals for the first time in 19 years. Last season they conceded the third-most points in the NRL, making the finals thanks largely to a hot start to the year. However the loss of Hunt and Taylor, combined with injury concerns over Lockyer and Hodges, means coach Ivan Henjak will get a reality check - and the Broncos will get bucked out of the top eight.

9. Coaches looking over their shoulder
Kangaroos boss Tim Sheens will be getting hot under the collar if Wests Tigers aren't around the top-eight as September approaches. A Tigers squad boasting the likes of Benji Marshall, Robbie Farah and Gareth Ellis is too talented to miss the finals for a fifth-straight season. Also, Ricky Stuart faces an anxious start to the year as he looks to solve Cronulla's woes, and off-contract Ivan Cleary has some work to do if he wants to stick around at the Warriors.

10. Wooden spoon specials
It's hard to get excited by Canberra's off-season recruiting. The Raiders notoriously struggle to attract high-calibre players and this year has been no different, forcing them to rely on a promising batch of juniors and a few wise old heads. Fellow 2009 strugglers Cronulla and the Roosters have had a large player turnover, which will signal a revival of their fortunes. If second-year coach David Furner doesn't get the best out of a committed, yet limited, squad, the wooden spoon will be air mailed into the nation's capital for the first time since 1982.

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26749480-5018866,00.html

What are your thoughts on them?
Which one/s do you disagree / agree ?
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:32 pm

1. Disagree with this guy on state of origin he must be a NSW fan, if not then he screw him.
2. Definitely agree that Bird and Carney will have good years.
3. Ennis is definitely a chance for Dally M this season
4. The bunnies forward pack is scary and will tear it up.
5. Tuqiri and Tahu coming back to the nrl is fantastic, they will have great years.
6. The panthers can push for a top 8 berth, but Burns and Simmons aren't exactly great signings
7. If the Eels stay injury free for a big period of the season, i believe they can win the title.
8. To the Broncs, unfortunately i have to agree with most of what he said. I am hopeful of a top 8 berth, but if we are going to make it i think we will only just sneak in.
9. If Cronulla have another shocker of a season, i believe tricky Ricky will be given the boot, same with the Warriors and Cleary.
10. I also agree with Canberra getting the wooden spoon.
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Eels to exact revenge is getting me so fired up for this season. In my opinion is will be another Storm-Parra grand final and who know what could happen there?

STORM FOR 5 IN A ROW!
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:48 pm

1. 5 IN A ROW!!!
2. They better come good off-field wise or the door will be used.
3. He could come from behind and win it if he has a great season. It is a while away though.
4. Hey didn't they say that last year?...and the year before... Shocked
5. Dunno much about him.
6. Penrith. Ugh. Hope they flop just quietly.
7. Lets hope for god's sake that the storm miss the GF and parra don't go anywhere near it.
8. Have kept it up for 19 years with people saying this is the year they miss but you never know.
9. If Cronulla are shit then Ricky is goneskies!
10. Oh no. I hope that is way off Confused
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:09 pm

we'll make the 8
Back to top Go down
Gramsy23
Guru
Gramsy23

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:32 pm

i disagree with all of it

how much do these clowns get paid?

1. LOL
2. Maybe the only credible thing I read in that
3. He didn't get it last year and doubtful he will have a better year
4. Hmmm... have I heard that before?
5. Two fogeys who have been nothing for the last few years expected to do nothing for the next few years
6. Spoon in the mail
7. They'll choke
8. Said that last year too
9. Yeah nah
10. People say that every year too and it doesn't happen (well it hasn't for a while)

utter crap
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:07 pm

Gramsy23 wrote:

1. LOL
5. Two fogeys who have been nothing for the last few years expected to do nothing for the next few years
6. Spoon in the mail
7. They'll choke
9. Yeah nah
10. People say that every year too and it doesn't happen (well it hasn't for a while)

utter crap

I second that Laughing
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:17 am

1. Could be true, surely New South Wales are due for a series victory. I still back Queensland 2-1.
2. Both got potential, I think both will have solid seasons but not worthy of State of Origin.
3. No
4. We've heard this all too often
5. I reckon Tahu will go well, but not Tuqiri
6. Nope.
7. I just can't see the Eels keeping up this form for 2010 as well, I may be wrong, hopefully not lol
8. Nah don't think it'll happen, as Gramsy said they've been saying that since 2007, but this year might be the year.
9. 2005 was a fluke, so they won't go far if they do make the finals.
10. People have been saying Canberra to win the spoon for a while. Won't happen.
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:42 am

1. QLD 2-1 win, 5 in a row!!!!
2. They should both have good years, but the question is can they keep there act up off the field?
3. I for one, don't see Ennis pushing for the Dally M. He should have another good season, I just don't see him playing well enough to get the Dally M.
4. We have heard it before, but it could happen. It depends on how consistent the Bunnies decide to be in 2010 though.
5. Yep, it is good them both coming back, and I see both of them having good seasons.
6. I really do hope we can get there. And I do believe that we can. Alike the Bunnies, it depends on how consistent we decide to be, because in the past we have been a very inconsistent team which has cost us alot.
7. I think the Storm will still win the premiership, although Eels should go close and they have a good chnce to make the Grand Final in my eyes.
8. Broncos, one of my most hated teams. I always hope they don't make the finals, and yes it has been said before but I think this year they will go down a bit. They might just sneak in though.
9. Tim Sheens should be getting the Tigers into the top 8. I sense a bottom 8 finish for Sharks and Warriors to just miss out.
10. The Wooden Spoon is the hardest thing to predict imo. It could go to anyone. Someone from the top 4 in the last year could win it. It could be anyone, Raiders are predicted for it alot and it doesn't usualy happen. It could happen, but I wouldn't predict anyone for the wooden spoon as it is too hard to do so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:11 am

Gramsy23 wrote:

1. LOL
6. Spoon in the mail
7. They'll choke
9. Yeah nah

utter crap

Every letter of that post is so true it's funny Laughing
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:37 am

1. I agree. You don't want 5 in a row, and stemming from last year I think there is a lot quality, just all we need is a solid halves combo.

2 Also agree. Carney will have a solid season, although unsure on his teams performance. Bird will enjoy playing outside Prince and a good pack.

3. Er... nah. I think Ennis will be good this season, however I reckon either Marshall or Farah will snatch the Dally M.

4. Lol. Everyone talks up Souths every year. They've recruited well, yet I think if they make the finals, they won't go far.

5. While they're good players, it's gonna take a while to adjust. The speed, the team, the whole game. Tahu is injury prone yet if he avoids injury he'll go well. Tuqiri will rip I think.

6. I think Penrith will do well also, yet they have a pretty young side. I think they'll make the finals, yet like Souths, make it into the first two weeks before falling.

Quote :
Instead, the Bulldogs, St George Illawarra and Parramatta are the new heavyweight contenders.
Maybe the Bulldogs and Parra, but lol, not the Dragons. Choke again, yet I'm not even expecting them to deliver.
Parra V Dogs/Tigers GF.

8. I can't fully agree with this, because Brisbane have a culture of making the finals no matter what. I dunno where they'll finish however.

10. This is completely stupid. Everyone always doubts the Raiders, every year. They have a talented bunch of kids, and with Campese having a quiet year last year he'll want to have a big one this year. I reckon they'll make the finals with ease.

What are your thoughts on them?
Which one/s do you disagree / agree ?[/quote]
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:45 am

manly4lyf wrote:
10. This is completely stupid. Everyone always doubts the Raiders, every year. They have a talented bunch of kids, and with Campese having a quiet year last year he'll want to have a big one this year. I reckon they'll make the finals with ease.

F*** yeah, thats the spirit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:42 am

1. NSW might finally put up a good fight but QLD should be too strong.. Lockyer out and Prince/Cronk is should secure it for the maroons.

2. I'll believe it when i see it. Theres always bad boys and if these two become good, who'se gona take their place??

3. Great season last year and hard to see how he can better it.. Might be time for him to push away from Farah.

4. Souths look set to make the Top 8 purelyu on their forward pack, but i feel thats as far as they'll go this season.

5. I sense a big injury for one of these players unfortunately. The other will perform well but nothing like their old self.

6. Panthers to fight hard for that final top 8 spot but i feel this isnt their year.

7. Consistency is the key here.. they need to hit form early to prove last years run wasnt a fluke. Hayne and Mortimer need to lead by example.

8. Cant see this happening. With the hope of the whole city on them, im sure they'll rise to get in the 8.

9. Stuart or Cleary to be under the most pressure... Early form is key.

10. Raiders have some quality young players and they can be an excitement machine. Cant see them ending near the wooden spoon.
Back to top Go down
Ashes
Guru
Ashes

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:46 am

I agree with almost all of it except the Eels and Broncos ones.

Even as a QLDér I am thinking the streak will end of course I don't want it to but I'm considerably worried.

The Eels will not make the Grand Final they probably should but complacancy will get the better of them as it did in 05 I do expect them to be in the top 4.

The Broncos will make the 8 they don't know how not to. All last year it looked like they were gone during and slighty after origin and then a 50 thrashing woke them up and they finished the equal form team of the comp with the Eels and Storm an unfortunate injury to Wallace ensured the broncos would fall at the prelim.
Back to top Go down
Gramsy23
Guru
Gramsy23

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:14 am

liam_bombers wrote:
Gramsy23 wrote:

1. LOL
6. Spoon in the mail
7. They'll choke
9. Yeah nah

utter crap

Every letter of that post is so true it's funny Laughing

damn right

fox needs people who can write AND actually know about the game

resume in the mail
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:16 am

Ashes wrote:
I agree with almost all of it except the Eels and Broncos ones.

Even as a QLDér I am thinking the streak will end of course I don't want it to but I'm considerably worried.

The Eels will not make the Grand Final they probably should but complacancy will get the better of them as it did in 05 I do expect them to be in the top 4.

The Broncos will make the 8 they don't know how not to. All last year it looked like they were gone during and slighty after origin and then a 50 thrashing woke them up and they finished the equal form team of the comp with the Eels and Storm an unfortunate injury to Wallace ensured the broncos would fall at the prelim.

56 actually Razz 56-0.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:22 pm

The difference between Souths from every other year that they've been talked up is that we no longer have a coach that has no idea and a representative forward pack. Previous years may have been a failure, but I'll say it again, the mediocrity is out!!
Back to top Go down
CANTERBURY BLUES
Professional
CANTERBURY BLUES

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:40 pm

they should have titled it....

"Some neville at fox jots down 10 quick personal opinions"
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:53 pm

Manning18 wrote:
The difference between Souths from every other year that they've been talked up is that we no longer have a coach that has no idea and a representative forward pack. Previous years may have been a failure, but I'll say it again, the mediocrity is out!!

Amen Brother.. You heading out on saturday.. what bout You Deucy... Should be a cracker.. Any St Merge DragOOn fans going??
Back to top Go down
Shanbon
Guru
Shanbon

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:32 am

NSW 3-0 you heard it hear first Smile
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:35 am

Shanbon wrote:

Typical new south welshmen now isn't it? Razz
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:19 am

Shanbon wrote:

Laughing Rofl Facepalm
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:33 am

Maximus wrote:
Shanbon wrote:

Laughing Rofl Facepalm

Everyone that mentions New South Wales winning you laugh at. You never have any legit reasons either.
Back to top Go down
Broncos11
Guru
Broncos11

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:59 am

I actually wouldn't be shocked if NSW win... it will be 2-1 either way imo.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:12 am

socceroos06 wrote:
Maximus wrote:
Shanbon wrote:

Laughing Rofl Facepalm

Everyone that mentions New South Wales winning you laugh at. You never have any legit reasons either.

Well until they actually manage to win a series then i will stop paying them out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)   The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Big 10 In 2010 (Foxsports)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Forum free | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com