Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:27 pm

I would do Ramanauskas or McCartney actualy.

I edited my post out about Brees, I would consider doing him but would probably do Rama or McCartney ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:43 pm

What about Tony Adams? Ex Arsenal defender who confessed as an alcoholic and worked through it and became a club legend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:33 pm

Alonzo Mourning is a good one.
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:32 am

There was a dude in Chicago i think who was a boxer who lost his ankle and foot but he still fought and won some title in the 80's. i'll have a look but this dude is worthy
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:06 am

Aaron Cruden - beat testicular cancer aged 19/20 and later that year became the IRB junior player of the year after captaining the NZ U20's to WC victory
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:50 am

Michael Schumacher

Broke Leg

Wins 5 WDC!
Back to top Go down
SMASH
Guru
SMASH

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:55 am

he won a race with a broken leg?? or just in general won races after breaking his leg?
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:05 am

SMASH wrote:
he won a race with a broken leg?? or just in general won races after breaking his leg?

He won two after breaking it in pre-season last year. Well he broke his leg in late 2008, won two GP's in 2009.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:06 am

Ablett29 wrote:
Michael Schumacher

Broke Leg

Wins 5 WDC!
there is a difference between injuring yourself and going through big adversities like some of the other sportsman named in this thread have.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:07 am

Did he break his leg before or after winning this WDCs?
Back to top Go down
CHORUS
Guru
CHORUS

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:29 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Sam Bowie. The Blazers took him at number two in the 1984 NBA Draft, ahead of Michael Jordan and he turned out to be a scrub.

Now that's adversity haha!!

Nah in all honesty, I think BB said it with Magic Johnson.

this made me smile and reminisce of the joy MJ brought to bulls fans

Last edited by CHORUS on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CHORUS
Guru
CHORUS

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:34 am

Jackie Robinson who was the first African American in the major leagues and had to put up with all the racism from players fans even teammates; he was ostracized by everyone as if he didn't belong.
Now his number is retired by the whole MLB
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:08 am

CHORUS wrote:

I'm not complaining with the Rockets taking Olajuwon at number one, we got 2 NBA Titles with Hakeem 'The Dream'.
Back to top Go down
Black Bird
Guru
Black Bird

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:29 pm

Jim Krakouer, struggled with racism he's whole life/footy career. But you could argue he never got over it
Back to top Go down
http://www.teals_hot_mum.com
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Black Bird wrote:
Jim Krakouer, struggled with racism he's whole life/footy career. But you could argue he never got over it

haha, you certainly could argue that
Back to top Go down
esodays brah
Guru
esodays brah

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:18 pm

luke o donnell

from tearing the whole hamstring off the bone or somthing

and 2009 back to origin

or ben ross
Back to top Go down
neil21
Guru
neil21

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Ben Cousins
Back to top Go down
CHORUS
Guru
CHORUS

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:48 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
CHORUS wrote:

I'm not complaining with the Rockets taking Olajuwon at number one, we got 2 NBA Titles with Hakeem 'The Dream'.

of course not. As good as MJ was, it still
doesn't make Hakeem a bust. Hakeem is top 15 all-time IMO. Have you seen the Clutch City about the Rockets' title run? Great vid. Been so long though I can't remember if it's the 1994 or 1995 run.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:24 am

CHORUS wrote:
of course not. As good as MJ was, it still
doesn't make Hakeem a bust. Hakeem is top 15 all-time IMO. Have you seen the Clutch City about the Rockets' title run? Great vid. Been so long though I can't remember if it's the 1994 or 1995 run.

No I haven't, but I'd sure love too.
Back to top Go down
CHORUS
Guru
CHORUS

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:58 am

1995 was the last year NBA had it's popular 90s look and feel about it- come 1996 heaps of teams were adopting new school logos etc and it just wasn't the same look. Major fail by Phoenix when they played Houston in conference semis in 94 and 95, blowing 2-0 lead one year and 3-1 lead in the other. Hakeem was beast.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:05 am

CHORUS wrote:
1995 was the last year NBA had it's popular 90s look and feel about it- come 1996 heaps of teams were adopting new school logos etc and it just wasn't the same look. Major fail by Phoenix when they played Houston in conference semis in 94 and 95, blowing 2-0 lead one year and 3-1 lead in the other. Hakeem was beast.

Yeah those were the days. By the way, I loved that logo we came up with in 1996, looked awesome.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:15 am

I never really followed basket ball much - but liked the Celtics and Bird in particular.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
CHORUS
Guru
CHORUS

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:15 am

Atlanta, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Golden State, Houston, Minnesota, Seattle, Philadelphia, Utah - teams that made new logos within six years 1996-2001.
I can't say I liked a single one of them more than I liked their old traditional one.
Especailly Seatlle and Denver, their old school logos were the bomb lol
Back to top Go down
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:01 am

Cheers for all the ideas guys. Fruean, Magic, Tony Adams and Ben Cousins are the most appealing ideas to me atm. I'll mull it over in my head and will decide soon-ish...I've got two weeks and heaps of assignments that I regard with higher importance than this, so might not decide until later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity   Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sportsmen/women who have gone through adversity
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com