Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Rugby's 'battle of hemispheres' back on agenda

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Rugby's 'battle of hemispheres' back on agenda Empty
PostSubject: Rugby's 'battle of hemispheres' back on agenda   Rugby's 'battle of hemispheres' back on agenda Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:41 am

A money-spinning "battle of the rugby hemispheres" that would finally
determine bragging rights between the Super 15 and Heineken Cup is back
on the agenda and being heavily driven by northern hemisphere concerns.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-14/3553836/Rugbys-battle-of-hemispheres-back-on-agenda

I love the idea, but as mentioned in the article, the time of year it is held could be a major influence on the outcome. Not surprising that the English are wanting it in December! To make it fair I'd recommend a 3 match series, where one year the Southern Hemisphere team hosts 2 games out of 3, the following year the Northern Hemisphere team hosts 2 of 3.

As some of you know they do this sort of thing in League, where the top super league side plays the nrl side. This is one game a year and always is played in UK, during NRL preseason, so the UK side has a big advantage.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

Rugby's 'battle of hemispheres' back on agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby's 'battle of hemispheres' back on agenda   Rugby's 'battle of hemispheres' back on agenda Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:18 am

yeah i dont know how this'll work.
i like your suggestion of the best outta 3 and one hemisphere holds 2 of them but the main point is the timing.
the team playing this game soon after their season would be the best placed, tho they'd have more injuries their team would have had a whole season bonding and perfecting their team work. so when a teams wins sour grapes from the other team will be either 1) we havent played together yet or 2) we had all those injuries

more importantly whats the point? we already have sh!t loads of games i'm not watching.

b better to have a north vs south. now that would be the shiz, argies, aussies, saffa's, samoa and nz. u'd be easily able to get a prime team from those countries.
Back to top Go down

Rugby's 'battle of hemispheres' back on agenda
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com