Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Tri Nations - Squad Predictions

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:02 am

Aussie team I'm hoping to see...

1. Benn Robinson
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau
3. Ben Alexander
4. Nathan Sharpe
5. Dean Mumm
6. Scott Higginbotham (bolter, he's been awesome this year!)
7. David Pocock
8. Rocky Elsom (c)
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Digby Ioane
12. Matt Giteau
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
14. Drew Mitchell/Lachie Turner
15. Peter Hynes

16. Stephen Moore
17. Laurie Weeks/Al Baxter
18. Mark Chisholm
19. Phil Waugh/Matt Hodgson
20. Josh Valentine
21. Berrick Barnes
22. James O'Connor

So thoughts on that side? Interested to read your guys thoughts on the possible All Blacks side too.

Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:11 am

1. Tony Woodcock
2. Andrew Hore
3. Owen Franks
4. Tom Donnelly
5. Brad Thorn
6. Jerome Kaino
7. Richie McCaw
8. Kieran Read
9. Jimmy Cowan
10. Dan Carter
11. Zac Guildford
12. Ma'a Nonu
13. Conrad Smith
14. Cory Jane
15. Israel Dagg

16. Keven Mealamu
17. Ben Franks
18. Josh Bekhuis
19. Adam Thomson
20. Alby Mathewson
22. Isaea Toeava

It's Tough! Quite a few with injuries...Mils, Sivi, Delaney, Williams...not sure on some others. Israel Dagg would be a massive bolter, wouldn't be surprised if they brought in another winger and moved Jane to fullback, Ranger would be in line for that...Very unsure who they'll pick for DC's back up.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:14 am

1. Tony Woodcock
2. Andrew Hore
3. John Afoa
4. Brad Thorn
5. Tom Donnelly
6. Jerome Kaino
7. Richie McCaw
8. Kieran Read
9. Jimmy Cowan
10. Dan Carter
11. Zac Guildford
12. Ma'a Nonu
13. Conrad Smith
14. Joe Rococoko
15. Cory Jane

16. Keven Mealamu
17. Owen Franks
18. Chris Jack
19. Adam Thomson
20. Piri Weepu
21. Ben Smith
22. Isaea Toeava
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:22 am

Springboks

1. Tendai Mtawirra
2. John Smit
3. Gurthro Steenkamp
4. Andries Bekker
5. Victor Matfield
6. Schalk Burger
7. Juan Smith
8. Pierre Spies
9. Fourie du Preez
10. Morne' Steyn
11. Bryan Habana
12. Jacque Fourie
13. Wynard Olivier
14. JP Pietersen
15. Zane Kirchner

16. Tiaan Liebenberg
17. Jannie du Plessis
18. Bakkies Botha
19. Ryan Kankowski
20. Dewaldt Duvenhage
21. Ruan Pienarr

tough side to name. Bismark du Plessis, Adi Jacobs and Heinrich Brussow both have long term injuries, read an article which said Smit will most likely move to hooker for cover, although I reckon Tiaan Liebenberg has been awesome this season and could push for a starting spot.

Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:23 am

the return of Jack aye Roz? can't see it, also can't see Joe getting the call up but stranger things have happened.

Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:01 pm

All Blacks should start the Franks brother combo. Toeava or Ben Smith to start over Dagg in Hendos team but otherwise pretty good
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:20 pm

I'm intruiged that you guys are shunning Tialata after what have been some very impressive performances by him...

Trying somewhat to predict the picks rather than just listing my favourites (and probably failing...):
1. Woodcock
2. Hore
3. Tialata
4. Thorn
5. Donelly (thought I read he was injured...?)
6. Kaino
7. McCaw (c)
8. Read
9. Cowan
10. Carter
11. Guildford
12. Nonu
13. Smith
14. Gear
15. Jane

16. Mealamu
17. O. Franks
18. Jack/Boric
19. Thomson
20. Weepu/Mathewson
21. Toeava/Kahui
22. Dagg

I think Tialata's done enough to hold his spot; Ben Franks isn't really test material, Owen Franks is still a bit young (though he's a definite bench option) and Afoa's still very suspect in the scrum.

Picking the locks is particularly hard since none of them really stand out and there's a whole mill of them who could perform, Jack could well be brought back in for his experience - Sam Whitelock and Michael Paterson are both potential bolters, at a stretch though.

Loosies basically pick themselves in the main 22 lineup since last year's ones are all performing admirably; the remaining loosie in the squad IMO will be either So'oialo (experience), Latimer (openside cover) or Vito (bolter).

Halfback is a tough one - Cowan will probably hold his starting spot, though Mathewson starting wouldn't go amiss. Weepu IMO will be a surprise inclusion (considering his lack of game time for the Canes) due to his superior impact potential and ability to cover 10 at a pinch - with Delaney injured, Donald playing like a munter, Cruden too fresh and Brett still too erratic, it would be better to have a capable injury replacement for Carter and free up a bench spot for a mid-fielder. Fotuali'i could potentially be a bolter too.

Carter/Nonu/Smith are all given - funnily enough Carter's showing the least impressive form of the trio, but given the options and...well...logic really...there's nobody else so Carter walks into the squad as usual Smile Nonu and Smith are playing superb rugby and will maintain their impressive partnership through to the ABs. Kahui is playing some pretty suspect rugby, as is Toeava - but they should both get through, again, due to lack of real alternatives. If he wasn't going overseas then Tamati Ellison could well have got back into the squad. Until recently I would've said Fruean for a bolter but he's gone downhill of late. Crotty's a potential bolter with an eye on the future but I doubt the Coaches will go in that direction - this close to the WC the only bolters they'll go with would be the ones with a genuine chance of being WC contenders next season.

Outside backs is another head scratcher due to injuries. I'm going to assume that Sivi is fully unavailable and Mils will be brought in slowly - so they are both excluded. Jane is a given at fullback IMO and slots straight in there; as good as Dagg is playing I don't see him slotting into the starting position, but earns that final bench spot as cover, allowing Jane to cover the wings if needed. IMO none of the wingers are really shining sufficiently to be definite picks; Guildford, Gear and Rokocoko are probably the most impressive going around ATM. Ben Smith or Rudi Wulf could potentially get in on account of general reliability; Sean Maitland or Rene Ranger are potential bolters - but just like Fruean and Crotty, neither are particularly likely WC contenders just yet (Ranger is still too erratic IMO).

So hey - there's my 2c - time will tell what the selectors think eh? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:54 am

Don't agree on Ben Franks, he is just a stronger version of Owen and would have been in there all last season if it weren't for injury. Dagg is still rubbish defensively so will be lucky to make the squad. Toeava is playing well, Kahui is playing about as well as Jason Shoemark, so not flash.
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:41 am

Kahui what a joke he has been so rubbish it aint funny. I want to see Weepu as the backup halfback because he can play first five aswell. Jane is a shoe in at fullback.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:11 am

who said Kahui was playing good?

Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:14 am

I'm worried about my Magpies, pretty much guarantee Guildford will make it, also Dagg, Lowe and Fotuali'i all chances in the near future.

Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:19 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
who said Kahui was playing good?

Well to get in the All Blacks you have to be playing good in P-rus put him in his side.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:21 am

yea but if you read his reasoning then you'd understand. He also had Toeava there as another option.

Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:54 am

Panthers wrote:
Aussie team I'm hoping to see...

1. Benn Robinson
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau
3. Ben Alexander
4. Nathan Sharpe
5. Dean Mumm
6. Scott Higginbotham (bolter, he's been awesome this year!)
7. David Pocock
8. Rocky Elsom (c)
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Digby Ioane
12. Matt Giteau
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
14. Drew Mitchell/Lachie Turner
15. Peter Hynes

16. Stephen Moore
17. Laurie Weeks/Al Baxter
18. Mark Chisholm
19. Phil Waugh/Matt Hodgson
20. Josh Valentine
21. Berrick Barnes
22. James O'Connor

So thoughts on that side? Interested to read your guys thoughts on the possible All Blacks side too.

Yeah, id agree with that. Barring any injuries ofcourse.
Maybe Higginbotham to 8 and Rocky to 6 but it doesnt really matter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:01 am

I definitely prefer AAC at fullback, but Hynes has been in great form...

I'd probably go with 15. AAC 14. Hynes 13. Cross.

Also I reckon they'll keep Elsom in the 6 with either Stephen Hoiles or Richard Brown taking the 8. Scott Higginbotham would be the ideal bench loose forward, Waugh only works well in the 7 so not much point having him there I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:04 am

Aussie Backs I'd pick would be:

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. Giteau
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. Turner/Hynes
15. Hynes/O'Connor
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:05 am

I picked Kahui despite poor performances due to a real lack or other alternatives and he's already been in the AB environment with caps to his name which gives him an advantage.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:20 am

AAC hasnt had the best of seasons imo and Hynes has been fantastic at 15 for us. I cant see him not being picked though so I rekon he'll go in at 13.
JOC will be better off the bench for now I think, we saw when he was thrust into the starting 15 last year vs the ABs that he froze like a deer in the headlights at times. Hes been much better this year though with the Force and by WC next year I think he'll be much better suited to starting.
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:19 pm

I pretty much agree with that backline you posted P'rus. But just one thing, Diggers Ioane is a must IMO, whether he plays at outside centre or on the wing. Plus if both Genia and Cooper manage to get selected in the XV, Ioane's almost a certainty to make the side for mine.

Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:18 pm

Will Chambers as a huge bolter?

Hes adapted very well this season...maybe a year too early for him but if he keeps up this form into next year he'll be in the World Cup squad at least.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 2:19 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
1. Tony Woodcock
2. Andrew Hore
3. Owen Franks
4. Tom Donnelly
5. Brad Thorn
6. Jerome Kaino
7. Richie McCaw
8. Kieran Read
9. Jimmy Cowan
10. Dan Carter
11. Zac Guildford
12. Ma'a Nonu
13. Conrad Smith
14. Hosea Gear
15. Cory Jane

16. Keven Mealamu
17. Ben Franks
18. Josh Bekhuis
19. Adam Thomson
20. Alby Mathewson
22. Isaea Toeava

It's Tough! Quite a few with injuries...Mils, Sivi, Delaney, Williams...not sure on some others. Israel Dagg would be a massive bolter, wouldn't be surprised if they brought in another winger and moved Jane to fullback, Ranger would be in line for that...Very unsure who they'll pick for DC's back up.

After last night I've changed my mind. Hosea Gear on the Wing, Jane at Fullback, no room for Dagg yet unfortunately
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Yeah Gear was awesome - he could well push for a spot with a late-season surge, especially if the Canes sneak themselves into the playoffs.

Jane just seems to get better and better - as does Nonu funnily enough Smile
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:22 pm

tim nanai-williams must make the end of year tour tho i'd like to see him in for the 3N comp, but wait theres more...he plays 1st five for his club. havent seen him play in that posistion but right away i know he'd b better than donald and brett. as a wild guess i'd rate him above cruden as well. we know nanai-williams can tackle
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:07 am

MY SQUAD

1. Tony Woodcock
2. Keven Mealamu
3. Neemia Tialata
4. Tom Donnelly
5. Brad Thorn
6. Jerome Kaino
7. Richie McCaw
8. Kieran Read
9. Jimmy Cowan
10. Dan Carter
11. Hosea Gear
12. Luke McAlistar/Richard Kahui
13. Conrad Smith
14. Joe Rokocoko
15. Cory Jane

16. Owen Franks
17. Aled de Malmanche
18. Chris Jack
19. Adam Thomson
20. Alby Mathewson
21. Luke McAlistar/Richard Kahui
22. Ben Smith

23. John Afoa
24. Hika Elliot
25. Josh Bekhius
26. Rodney So'oialo
27. Piri Weepu
28. Aaron Cruden/Israel Dagg/Rudi Wulf
29. Benson Stanley
30. Zac Guilford

*Im not sure if we will take a 28 or 30 man squad, but im assuming they will take 30. Obvious players I havn't added mainly coz of injuries.

10/12 are our biggest problem IMO, I think the selectors will go in 2 directions with that part, with so much talk around B Stanley and injuries I think he will be amongst it but 1 position is a toss up between Cruden/Dagg/Wulf. They may use Weepu as our back up 10 behind Carter/McAlister and go with Dagg/Wulf OR take Cruden as back up to Carter and have McAlister as a primary 12. I think Wulf may take it mainly because he has been amongst it before, but Dagg could be a bit of a bolter.
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:12 am

Nice team Kromy. Im pretty sure Guilford will start ahead of Gear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tri Nations - Squad Predictions   Tri Nations - Squad Predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tri Nations - Squad Predictions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com