Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Ricky Stuart

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:50 pm

What does everyone think about him? Should he continue to be the coach of the forever struggling Sharks? He coached them to a Preliminary Final 2 seasons ago, all of a sudden they are back to the Sharks of old. Their offense is abysmal, their rock solid defence from 2008 and some parts of 2009 has diminished and once again they will most likely be in the bottom 4 this season. I cannot see how the Sharks could possibly keep him if they finish bottom 4 again this season, imo i think he should go.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:52 pm

Never rated Ricky Stuart and never will.

The only reason why the Roosters won the GF under him in 02 was the past recruitment on former coach Graham Murray. Ricky had the premiership on a platter.
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Lol they probably can't afford to sack him + get a new coach Razz
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm

Their only option at the moment is Nathan Brown, and he couldn't even get the Dragons to a GF with the quality players he had his disposal..
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:01 pm

Caity wrote:
Lol they probably can't afford to sack him + get a new coach Razz

Exactly right.

If they sacked him they would have to pay out his contract and then Pay a new coach and they cant even afford to spend the whole of the 4 million salary cap let alone waste money on coaches.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:48 am

I heard that it is a possibility that he will come to Brisbane. I don't know how I feel about that. His defensive techniques are obvious, his teams usually have solid defence, which is something we need. AND, I'm at the point now where any one is better than Ivan Henjak at the moment.

I stuck up for him last year, but I'm growing tired of his rubbish selections week in, week out. Maybe give Ricky a go

However, I have never really rated Stuart as a coach, so I'm mixed at the moment. We need Henjak gone though.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:18 pm

No way should Stuart be given the Broncos coaching job all he has manged to do succesfully as a coach is get handed great sides built up by other coaches and then kill those teams.
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:49 pm

Er yuck that would be a disgusting day if he came NEAR Brisbane.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:45 am

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/mick-potter-to-quit-st-helens-20100505-u86r.html

Mick Potter St Helens coach wants to come back to the NRL to coach.. maybe stuarts replacement
Back to top Go down
Cricket nerd
Rookie
Cricket nerd

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:15 pm

Decent player...not so great at coaching. Gotta give him some credit though he has a pretty good record coaching NSW and Australia
Back to top Go down
CANTERBURY BLUES
Professional
CANTERBURY BLUES

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:57 pm

He is a garbage coach.

Signs a kid for 200k (McNichol or Filiga or whatever his name is this year) who did sfa
Has fucked Tupou up since getting him to follow to the shire
Cuthbertson - would be on many other top grade benches
Goodwin - a bloke who struggled to get a game under sticky, moves on and scores like 20 tries

Spits the dummy at the world cup

Cronulla have a few decent players, the coach is a dud
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:10 am

Quote :
RICKY STUART has reportedly quit his post seven weeks early, leaving the struggling club with a new coach, Shane Flanagan, for the remainder of the season.

Flanagan, who was to take over from Stuart next year, will begin work today after the Sharks' 48-18 loss to Manly at the weekend triggered Stuart's walkout.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/embattled-stuart-jumps-ship-seven-weeks-early-20100720-10i2u.html

looks like he couldnt take it anymore haha. will be interesting to see how flanagan will go
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:04 am

I kinda feel sorry for the sharks, they were top 4 contenders last year or the year before and now they are doing average.
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:22 am

ricky should of quited from cronulla a long time ago. he is past his prime. in fact he never was at his prime, it was fred who won the premiers with the roosters. he was lucky to be there. and winning all those kangaroo's games, of course its the good players around. but he lost his plot with the kiwis. bennett got him sucker punch. he's lost his plot with cronulla.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:10 pm

Feel sorry for Ricky. But really Cronulla needs a change. They have done nothing this season and last.
Back to top Go down
SVW
Trainee
SVW

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:34 am

Future NSW Coach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ricky Stuart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Stuart   Ricky Stuart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ricky Stuart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com