Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Sterlo's names his Blues XVII

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SBW
Guru
SBW

Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Empty
PostSubject: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:08 am

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/58622/peter-sterling-my-message-to-blues-selectors/default.aspx

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Matt Cooper
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Timana Tahu
6. Terry Campese
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ben Creagh
13. Luke Lewis

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Trent Waterhouse
17. Brett White

Some interesting selections there. I'm with him on Campese, but can't see it
happening.

Also can't believe some people are writing off Gallen's chances (Sterlo included). He would be one of the first picked in my side.
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:02 am

Brett white Sterlo's names his Blues XVII 48427 by all means nsw pick him.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:02 am

I agree that Campese deserves it, but I feel his Origin game last year pretty much ruined his chances for the next few years.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:18 am

I'm tipping Campese to be in the side, he has a great structure for Origin and his attacking plays are damn dangerous. Him and Kimmorley will work out well both solid defenders and have a good attacking game.

And Yeh Lewis starting lock is a must.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:32 am

Brett White Laughing

How Gallen isn't there is beyond me. Campese only usually plays well when his team is winning, so that will be a fail.
Back to top Go down
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:33 am

Pretty solid squad there and I agree with most selections.

Though I think Gallen should be in there somewhere, not too sure of Waterhouse has done enough to warrant his place in the side while Gallen has been one of the form players in the comp this season.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:43 am

Not sure about Cooper and Tahu. Cooper was poor v Manly, though he would get the upper hand with selectors when it comes to his combination with Morris this year. I feel injuries have been getting too much for him and a lot of his success this year has come from that 'left side shuffle' which all depends on good decision making and the teamwork of Hornby, Creagh, Boyd, Morris and Cooper which was developed over a whole offseason. Those plays won't come along in Origin with only a few weeks to prepare.

Tahu has been average really. He has dropped the ball in key moments and although the odd hit helps his chances, I don't think he's as up to it as someone like Jennings.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:51 am

Kurt Gidley will be starting for sure. NSW wouldn't be putting him on the face of advertising if he wasn't starting and captain.

Paul Gallen has to be there as well. Josh Perry is overrated, would rather even his front row partner Jason King.

No Luke O'Donnell? No
Back to top Go down
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:58 am

Manning18 wrote:

Tahu has been average really. He has dropped the ball in key moments and although the odd hit helps his chances, I don't think he's as up to it as someone like Jennings.

I actually think Tahu would go alright. The sting he can provide with his hits could really inspire his team mates around him. If he was to say put a big hit on someone like Inglis, I'm sure the side would really lift. Certainly could see him playing in origin this year.

But on the flipside his form has generally been average and he has been a bit off the pace.
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:22 am

I find it funny when people laugh at Brett White...he is the only Blues player to show any heart at all when playing...a big reason why Queensland are so successful recently is because they show pride and passion for their state
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:27 am

socceroos06 wrote:
I find it funny when people laugh at Brett White...he is the only Blues player to show any heart at all when playing...a big reason why Queensland are so successful recently is because they show pride and passion for their state

Of course, Paul Gallen, Anthony Watmough, Luke O'Donnell, Brett Kimmorley and Jarryd Hayne showed no heart.

Ridiculous comment
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:34 am

Brenton wrote:
socceroos06 wrote:

Of course, Paul Gallen, Anthony Watmough, Luke O'Donnell, Brett Kimmorley and Jarryd Hayne showed no heart.

Ridiculous comment

Jarryd Hayne!? Are you serious...he plays well but he does not understand the importants of origin, at least not yet anyway...And Paul Gallen? No thanks
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:36 am

Socceroos how the F*** can you say Jarryd Hayne doesn't know the 'importance' of Origin but Brett White does? Based on what? What do you mean 'importance'?
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:37 am

Apparently Brett White punching Queensland players proves his passion for Origin...
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:38 am

Not even his passion. Just understands the 'importance' Sterlo's names his Blues XVII 48427
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:38 am

haha socceroos that is a ridiculous post

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:42 am

Haha Paul Gallen makes more metres and tackles (obviously) than Brett White and he plays lock/second row.
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:42 am

Are there any Melbourne players you don't really like 06?
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Anthony Watmough dominated the 3rd game last year. No heart involved whatsoever apparently.
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:51 am

SBW wrote:

No because then I wouldn't be a supporter...?
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:55 am

Brenton wrote:
Anthony Watmough dominated the 3rd game last year. No heart involved whatsoever apparently.

wow and in the first two games did shit all...I'm just saying White has more heart then any of the blues at this current point in time
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:26 pm

but he clearly doesnt...he clearly is just a dirty grub.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:36 pm

Hendo Maroon wrote:
but he clearly doesnt...he clearly is just a dirty grub.

And Gallen isn't?! Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_question
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:39 pm

socceroos06 wrote:
SBW wrote:

WTF....?

I support the Warriors but there are players I don't really like and/or think are shit..

Does that make me not a supporter?
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:53 pm

SBW wrote:
socceroos06 wrote:
SBW wrote:

WTF....?

I support the Warriors but there are players I don't really like and/or think are shit..

Does that make me not a supporter?

I don't dislike any players unless they are unloyal toward the club. I didn't like Tomane after he agreed a deal with the Titals midway through last season...I didn't say that applied to you...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sterlo's names his Blues XVII   Sterlo's names his Blues XVII Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sterlo's names his Blues XVII
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com