Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Greatest player of all time?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

Greatest player of all time? Empty
PostSubject: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Who do you think is the greatest League player of all time?

Well I haven't seen Lewis play, so I'd say Andrew Johns
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:31 pm

Peter Sterling, say no more. The bloke took Parra to 5 grand finals and won 4 of them, nine test caps, 13 state of origin games and he got man of the match on four occasions, that is mightly impressive considering Queensland totally dominated the Origin in the 80's and blokes like Wally and Alfie got all the wraps because the fixture was a big thing then and it seemed to be more of a big deal then the actual premiership at times.

The game has definately advance in the time Snorky and Joey first laced on their boots, Of course people are going to automatically think Joey is the best player, But look at who Sterlo had to contend with in terms of the halves in his era, and then Look at Joey, He basically had no one that was ever going to contest him. Alfie was at the back-end of his career and blokes like Cronk and Prince and Thurston were only just into their own when Joey was nearing the end.
Back to top Go down
CANTERBURY BLUES
Professional
CANTERBURY BLUES

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:13 pm

Wally for mine.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:51 pm

These threads never work because people will all pretty much be biased when picking theres as I will be when I say Darren Lockyer.
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:26 pm

The King
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:44 am

Tanswell87 wrote:
These threads never work because people will all pretty much be biased when picking theres as I will be when I say Darren Lockyer.

How am I biased when I say Peter Sterling?, I am a Queenslander and a Bunnies fan, nothing to do with Sterling's Eels and NSW. I am aware he was born in Toowoomba, but he still represented NSW.
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:47 am

Actually for once I agree with Deucy. He has been very objective in his response.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:34 am

Never seen Lewis or Sterlo play.. from what I've seen I'll say Joey.
He could do everything, I loved watching him.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:35 am

BEAVER

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 7:54 am

Deucey Deuce wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:

How am I biased when I say Peter Sterling?, I am a Queenslander and a Bunnies fan, nothing to do with Sterling's Eels and NSW. I am aware he was born in Toowoomba, but he still represented NSW.

I didnt say you were being biased. I said most people will make there picked off of biase just as I did myself.
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:13 am

SBW wrote:
Actually for once I agree with Deucy. He has been very objective in his response.
He never even talked about Deucy thoug was just making a general statement.
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:52 am

Andrew Johnss
The halfback of the team of the centuryy Greatest player of all time? 575896
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:17 am

QLDer's will say Wally Lewis and New South Welshpeople will say Joey Johns.

So my answer would be both! lol

With all the different positions in the game and the different era's of the game, it's hard to just pick one.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 1:56 pm

My fav of all time (not saying he's the greatest ever) is Phil Blake. The guy just had the ball on the string with his trademark chip and chase. Needless to say I spent many hours in the backyard emulating him.
Back to top Go down
Saints#1
Professional
Saints#1

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Andrew Johns he was magic everytime the ball came to him he had to make a miracle. and also Darren Lockyer has been a legend of the game.
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 1:31 am

Coming from a league clan i've been watching all the big games since i can remember. My opinion i reckon is naturally biased to Qld Players so if i reckon i'm biased i think it will always be state based bias.
My picks...
1. King
2. JT
3. Alf
4. Joey
5. Lockyer

best player since Wally ..JT
Most skilled player you'd want as an example for 7 yr olds ....Billy Slater
Fake Pirate.... Meyers
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 1:39 am

Of the players that I have seen play, Joey Johns takes this out hands down. And I am a Queensland fan in SOO.
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 2:05 am

If i knew where you lived i'd shoot you SBW
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 2:15 am

Ok maybe not that extreme maybe an egging..... at least a drunken leak on your letterbox
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 2:19 am

haha valid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest player of all time?   Greatest player of all time? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greatest player of all time?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com