Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

QLD Team Announced

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:45 am

XXXX Queensland Maroons Team

1. Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm)
2. Darius Boyd (St George Illawarra Dragons)
3. Greg Inglis (Melbourne Storm)
4. Willie Tonga (North Queensland Cowboys)
5. Israel Folau (Brisbane Broncos)
6. Darren Lockyer (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)
8. Matthew Scott (North Queensland Cowboys)
9.Cameron Smith (Melbourne Storm)
10. Petero Civoniceva (Penrith Panthers)
11. Nate Myles (Sydney Roosters)
12. Sam Thaiday(Brisbane Broncos)
13. Ashley Harrison (Gold Coast Titans)

14.Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
15. David Shillington (Canberra Raiders)
16. Neville Costigan (St George Illawarra Dragons)
17. David Taylor (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:48 am

Not bad
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:50 am

What a sexy side. Pretty much what i was expecting. Thank god the selectors used there brains and picked Izzy. Costigan only gets a spot these days on reputation from past Origin series. Great to see man mountain Taylor in there, he's going to carve up the NSW defence to pieces. 3-0.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:53 am

No Warriors Sad I would have taken Tate over Tonga. Other than that it's all good.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:57 am

Ben Te'o is the 18th man. Even though he's not in the 17, just making the squad shows how much Te'o has improved this season. He's been in our top 4-5 players this year, and deserves to be in the squad, if not the 17.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:07 am

Love it, very happy to see Izzy in there.

Happy for Big Dave as well hopefully he goes good Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:26 am

Max1990 wrote:
Ben Te'o is the 18th man. Even though he's not in the 17, just making the squad shows how much Te'o has improved this season. He's been in our top 4-5 players this year, and deserves to be in the squad, if not the 17.

Te'o doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the squad, I'd name Bolton, Lowe, Parker ahead of him without thinking too much into the fray.

Parker should be in the 17 everytime, how he doesn't get selected is beyond me and Bolton and Lowe should be 18th and 19th man respectively.

I am sorry to say that is biasness of the highest order.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:32 am

Deucey Deuce wrote:
Max1990 wrote:

Te'o doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the squad, I'd name Bolton, Lowe, Parker ahead of him without thinking too much into the fray.

Parker should be in the 17 everytime, how he doesn't get selected is beyond me and Bolton and Lowe should be 18th and 19th man respectively.

Maybe a tad bias, but i have watched every game this season, and he has been great for us. When he had to fill in at centre, he filled the void with flying colours. I agree that Bolton and Parker are ahead of him, not too sure on Lowe though as I've only watched a couple of Rabbitohs games this season. Parker is a starter, he's not a bench player. So if he was going to play, he'd need to be starting, which was clearly never going to happen. I thought Bolton was a bit stiff not making the squad, but it was between him and Costigan. Costigan hasn't even played well this season, but on reputation he makes the squad.
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:56 am

Deucey Deuce wrote:
Max1990 wrote:

Teo has been fuckin killing it for brisbane.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:00 am

jtm91 wrote:
Deucey Deuce wrote:
Max1990 wrote:

All that needs to be said really.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:40 am

Lol Te'o.. anyway solid team, should be 3-0
Back to top Go down
Mike Hunt
Trainee
Mike Hunt

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:55 am

i rate teo, over costigan... no tuquiri is probably the right call.
Back to top Go down
lions10
Professional
lions10

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:56 am

would rather teo, bolton, parker over costigan
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:59 am

proven class over a bloke with a few decent games under his belt.. costigan over te'o easy. good to see the selectors know what they are doin.
Back to top Go down
lions10
Professional
lions10

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:01 am

Styletix wrote:
proven class over a bloke with a few decent games under his belt.. costigan over te'o easy. good to see the selectors know what they are doin.

whats costigan done this year? compare him to the three i said. dunno why he was picked but hoping he has a blinder
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:03 am

Costigan's done it all before. Ive got no problems with this team coz it is by far a better team than the Blues have put together.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:04 am

lions10 wrote:

whats costigan done this year? compare him to the three i said. dunno why he was picked but hoping he has a blinder

Styletix wrote:

that would be why.. costigan hasnt done alot this year but big time experience counts come origin time.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:05 am

Great side picked. Costigan is picked for his aggressive nature and his general enthusiastic play. And he has been there and done that in the past. Certainly deserves a spot but I didn't think he was going to be picked. Congrats to Matt Scott for starting aswell.

jtm91 wrote:

Scott Bolton is a much better option then Ben Te'o if you take into consideration the Origin conditions. If you want an Pure Origin player then he is the perfect type of player
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:07 am

Costigan doesn't deserve a spot imo. I can probably name 10 others more deserving.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:08 am

SBW wrote:
Costigan doesn't deserve a spot imo. I can probably name 10 others more deserving.

prove it QLD Team Announced Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:58 am

Pretty happy with the squad, apart from maybe Costigan's selection but I'm not too worried about it. He only averages 6 runs for 48m and 17 tackles for the Dragons this year which isn't too bad, but is a pretty low input.

Glad to see Dave Taylor there, good choice imo. Would be mad having him and GI playing alongside each other.
Back to top Go down
Saints#1
Professional
Saints#1

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:14 am

unstoppable!
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:16 am

Very happy with the side pretty much the side i picked except i wasnt sure if Smith would be fit so had Ballin/Friend and Bolton instead of Taylor.. Taylor stormed into pole with his last performance.. Costigan is an out an out hitman we need him he comes on ruffles a few feathers, makes some big hits and runs hard, plus he has proven himself in the past and Mal is a loyal character. Cant Wait!!

QUEEEENSLANDER!!!

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:42 am

Beckham wrote:
Very happy with the side pretty much the side i picked except i wasnt sure if Smith would be fit so had Ballin/Friend and Bolton instead of Taylor.. Taylor stormed into pole with his last performance.. Costigan is an out an out hitman we need him he comes on ruffles a few feathers, makes some big hits and runs hard, plus he has proven himself in the past and Mal is a loyal character. Cant Wait!!

QUEEEENSLANDER!!!

I think the whole out and out hit man bit is what has got Te'o the 18th man spot as he has been somewhat of a hitman himself this year.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Te'o is only 18th man because he has got versatility. Can play at centre and in the forwards. That is what gave him the nod over Scott Bolton
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

QLD Team Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD Team Announced   QLD Team Announced Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QLD Team Announced
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com