Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1 Empty
PostSubject: CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1   CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:52 am

Even though it is the case, Matt Ballin will do us proud, and we will still folg them dirty cockroaches !!!

QUEENSLANDER
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1   CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:55 am

Ahhhhh shit. Massive loss, he is arguably the best player in the world, this is shit. Ballin is a good replacement, but no Cameron Smith.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1   CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:58 am

Oh well mate, Ballin has been in the system for two years, he will be more than enough for those dirty New South Welshman
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1   CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:00 am

Hooker Cameron Smith has pulled the pin on his brave bid to play for Queensland in Wednesday night's State of Origin against NSW in Sydney.

It's understood Smith, who has been receiving intensive physio for a dislocated elbow suffered playing for Australia against the Kiwis earlier this month, underwent a private fitness test at the team's Sunshine Coast base on Saturday afternoon.

Team physio Scott Thornton broke the news that Smith was out before the Maroons took part in an opposed training run against the Sunshine Coast team at the Hyatt Regency resort.

It is expected Manly hooker Matt Ballin will now make his Origin debut as hooker in Smith's place.

Smith had been keen to play his 20th successive Origin but decided after testing his elbow with some heavy contact work that the risk would be too great.

Ballin has been in camp with the Maroons since Tuesday and has taken part in every training session to prepare him for his debut.

The decision was made early to give Ballin time to get used to the dummy half job which involves calling many of the plays for halves Darren Lockyer and Jonathan Thurston.
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

PostSubject: Re: CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1   CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:37 am

*Sigh*

Ballin is a handy hooker but noone can replace Smith. Big loss but i guess we all knew it was going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

PostSubject: Re: CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1   CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:40 am

Wow my comment is kind of like max's i didn't even read his though until now haha.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1   CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:46 am

Would rather go in with a fit Matty Ballin over a risky Cam Smith anyday of the week. You just can't afford to play blokes that won't be up for the contest. It's tipped to rain so the major loss in Smithy is his left boot, Ballin will do a top job but he's a gun and i have full faith in him.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1   CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:47 am

Big loss that is. No one can fill in Cam Smith's boots, but in saying that, Ballin will be surrounded by experienced star players and everyone knows that players lift when they're amongst the best.

The Smith/Slater combo is gone unfortunitly, however, Cronk's still in the side and he too has a good combo with Slater and even Inglis. I wouldn't be surprised if i saw him slip into the Hooker role here and there.

Although Smith not being there is a big blow, having a half fit Hooker wouldn't have done any justice either. NSW would have had players running at his shoulder all day.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1   CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:05 am

Good news for NSW. With Thurston not 100% and Smith gone, it gives NSW a boost of confidence.
Anyone know when Cam Smith is coming back?
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1   CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:13 am

Caity wrote:
Wow my comment is kind of like max's i didn't even read his though until now haha.

Lol, all good Caity.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1   CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:20 am

Aaron Payne would be much better especially with JT at halfback.

I would say the same if Scott Prince was halfback, that Friend should be the hooker
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1   CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:35 pm

Ballin will lift for the occasion, Dont be surprised if he pushes for man of the match honors.

These blokes that come into the qld side to replace big name players and have people doubting them always fire ala Adam Who.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1   CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:22 am

Matty Ballin will play out of his skin (hopefully not that well, actually haha). Such a good player and will do you guys proud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1   CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAMERON SMITH OUT OF ORIGIN 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com